G37 Sedan

Infiniti Reputation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:26 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mayday813
I've had four Acuras: two Integras and two TL's. Acura/Honda's weak point has been their transmissions. 2009 G37 is a great sport sedan. I seriously looked at 2009 TL but couldn't get past the Acura front end.
I didn't even consider any Acura. Went for a G37 and I'm happy I did....so far.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
jcbama85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solid Rep/Great Warranty

Originally Posted by Navarro2022
Like I've said before, I'm deployed and haven't bought mine yet. 2010 G37x Sedan

But curious, infiniti is a under appreciated named brand of car. I know hondas will run forever, thus the reputation they've had and I've heard from everyone. But of course, a Accord isn't a G37!!!!!!!

What is Infiniti's Reputation for long lasting? The warranty I noticed isn't as good as other makers, so this made me raise a eyebrow.

I'd drive it to work everyday, race a stupid kid on the street every now and then, use the backseat with my hot wife every now and then, normal use of a performance car.

Any insight would be appreciated
Ohya, some of you guys have some SIC freaking rides!!! NICE!!!!DOMO
Not sure where you're getting your warranty information, but with the 4 year 60K bumper to bumper warranty, the Infiniti warranty holds up pretty well to the competition. It's one of the reasons I purchased my first Infiniti in April. I've owned Hondas and Acuras and they're great cars with bullet proof reliability.

But I've also owned Nissan products with great success, so the jump to the Infiniti was an easy one.

For me, I love the understated reputation of the Infiniti. There are some places that if you drive up in a BMW, Audi, MB, Lexus, or sometimes an Acura, you get sneers. I haven't experienced that in my Infiniti. So while it's one of the best performing sports sedans on the market and truly one of the best values in the 335/A4 space, it's understatedness is another great feature. For example, I am a VP of a transportation company, so my car allowance covers the cost of the car and they also pay for my gas. One of my counterparts has the same deal and he drives the Acura TL. I've heard our drivers and office staff sneer about his "50K car the company is paying for", and yet there's been none of the same talk about mine. (Even though he didn't pay 50K for his and I only paid a little over 60% of that for mine). Had I driven the 335, A4, or TL, I would have heard the same thing.

You should feel very good about purchasing an Infiniti. I'm certainly glad I did.

Finally, thank you for your service to our country!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
People tend to prefer uniqueness over trodding with the crowd which currently is TL's and IS's. I think that's another reason Infiniti will surely be percieved on par if not already as these numbers grow. I've noticed a marked increase in the number of G37 sedans I'm running into damn near daily. Coupes are far less common and even when I do see them as with the sedans none of them are modified... yawn.. no soup for you!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
In terms of reliability:

Honda> Toyota > Subaru > Mitsubishi > Mazda > Nissan

Longevity:

Honda > Subaru > Toyota >> Nissan >Mazda >>>> Mitsubishi

That being said, reliability and longevity have come a LONG way. It's difficult to buy any car on the market that won't easily go 100k miles. Also, every manufactuer has a thorn in its side. In Nissan's case, its the QX56/Armada. That thing has dragged Nissan down a lot further than it should.

I'd seriously be willing to put money down that a Ford would go 100k without any major powertrain issues outside of the warranty period.

Additionally, it's rather unlikely that any member on this board will ever keep their G long enough to actually hit 6 figures on their odometer. Buy with confidence; you wont regret it.

Before everyone jumps on my nuts, some citations:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-1810831.html

http://consumerist.com/2009/01/the-1...d-notions.html

Note that Infiniti is significantly higher than Nissan on all rankings. Also note that Acura/Honda are close, and Toyota/Lexus are close. Subaru and Mitsubishi do not have luxury divisions.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 PM
The G

My 1995 Nissan Maxima SE reached 217K in 2008 and then blew its gasket due to overheating. We actually didn't drive it for a straight year because we wanted to save enough money to overhaul it because it had a few other problems. We eventually gave it to our teenager and at 260,552 miles it's running strong!

Plus there are a few other 300K maximas on Cars.com. Can you beat that?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Last edited by The G; 05-23-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jcbama85

For me, I love the understated reputation of the Infiniti. There are some places that if you drive up in a BMW, Audi, MB, Lexus, or sometimes an Acura, you get sneers. I haven't experienced that in my Infiniti. So while it's one of the best performing sports sedans on the market and truly one of the best values in the 335/A4 space, it's understatedness is another great feature. For example, I am a VP of a transportation company, so my car allowance covers the cost of the car and they also pay for my gas. One of my counterparts has the same deal and he drives the Acura TL. I've heard our drivers and office staff sneer about his "50K car the company is paying for", and yet there's been none of the same talk about mine. (Even though he didn't pay 50K for his and I only paid a little over 60% of that for mine). Had I driven the 335, A4, or TL, I would have heard the same thing.
Very good point. This is actually one of the reasons I purchased the G over the Lexus IS. I didn't want my colleagues to think I bought an "expensive" car.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 AM
kanji0513

I was nissan sales for about couple months, I actually see a lot of nissan cars owner came to dealer for services, such as 92 sentra, 300Z, 280z..... these japanese cars can run forever as long as you maintain them well, no matter which brand.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:12 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This graph is from consumer reports, showing the latest auto brand predicted reliability from 2010. @mike: The consumerist link you posted is from the '09 model year. Infiniti is actually up 2 places in 2010! Still, though I'd say that looks right in line with the Honda/Toyota marques to me. Even if Infiniti is a newcomer, Nissan is not -- the cars are still manufactured by a well-established company. Although from the looks of that graph it appears the best parts get saved for the Infiniti models -- as one would hope.

(I guess land rover is so bad they fell off the edge of the bottom this year.)

Last edited by SM_Shadowman; 05-23-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually, it stems from the fact that all Infinitis minus the QX are manufactured in Japan, while the Nissans are not for the most part. That QX has been a thorn in Infiniti's side for a while now
Old 05-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Exige

Could not be more correct

Originally Posted by Mike
Actually, it stems from the fact that all Infinitis minus the QX are manufactured in Japan, while the Nissans are not for the most part. That QX has been a thorn in Infiniti's side for a while now
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Exige
Could not be more correct
That's embarrassing as they were manufactured in MS, I believe, along with the Nissan Armada. Nissan moved the manufacture of the Armada, etc. elsewhere and the Canton MS plant now makes commercial vehicles, (and the Titan) lol. MS educational levels were so bad we couldn't even build a GD car to spec.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
The G is the cover car on the Consumer Reports "Best Cars" as "The Best Compact Sport Sedan".... it was the only car on the cover.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
XsG

The Infiniti G is the top rated car in its class by Consumer Reports, and has an above average reliability rating.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bottom line.... if you're looking for a reliable compact car that's not overpriced, with a decent level of luxury and performance, the G is it. However, the back seat business will be uncomfortable
Old 05-24-2010, 12:47 PM
mike904

My wife has a 2009 Honda CRV and previous to that a 2000 Pathfinder. Overall I think the Pathfinder was a better vehicle (taking into account the age difference).
Before my 09 Coupe, I had an 08 Accord. There wasn't anything wrong with the Accord, but the Infiniti just feels like a better car.
So, from my point of view, I feel the Nissan/Infiniti is better then Honda.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Reputation?