G37 Sedan

GS or BS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
amg35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question GS or BS?

Apparently there are no Graphite Shadow G37s in Florida with Premium, Sport, and Navi.

I did find a dealer that has a Blue Slate with Premium, Sport, and Navi.

The question is, do I get the Blue Slate or wait till Graphite Shadow is available?

I have seen Graphite Shadow in person, but I have only seen pictures of Blue Slate.

Any constructive comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Get what you really want. Don't settle.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:52 PM
cjkeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went in to buy a blue slate (only saw the color on the website) but it was sold before I got there, I ended up with a graphite shadow and it was the best decision I never made!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you really want the Graphite, I'd hold out. When I was buying a car I had about 3 colors in mind that were acceptable, but if you have one that you really want you should get it.

For example, I definitely did not want red, but I was thinking if I found a good enough deal with the other options I wanted I'd live with it. But I was glad to be talked out of it -- the problem is, every time you go out to the driveway or garage, the first thing you'll notice is the car's color. If it's not what you wanted, it will be bugging you for years that you didn't wait for the right one.

Have you talked to a dealer about custom ordering? Or getting something transferred? Although probably you get a better price -- or at least have more negotiating power -- when you buy a car they already have on the lot.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:27 PM
alyx

Originally Posted by cjkeno
I went in to buy a blue slate (only saw the color on the website) but it was sold before I got there, I ended up with a graphite shadow and it was the best decision I never made!!!
I wanted a Platinum but all they had at the time was a Graphite Shadow.

The car is beautiful regardless of the color, imho.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:12 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

Graphite Shadow is a classy color, if you like it then hold out for it. Your local dealership can gladly search the national database of Infiniti cars and find the one you want. You may have to pay extra for shipping, but like Shadowman said, the exterior color is the first thing you'll notice everyday.

I bought a used car 15 years ago, and the exterior color has not worn on me yet. I love the interior color, but that is not your "avatar" to the rest of the world. I now got the color I want (see signature).
Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM
NonAme

Listen, you're gonna be stuck with this car for a long time. Get what your heart is set on and don't settle for anything else.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM
mindonmatter

I would hold out for what you want, but I would first try to see a BS in person. I wanted BS and had to have my dealer ship it in for me. Obviously this is a matter of opinion, but between BS and GS, I think the BS looks a lot better. For my tastes, the GS seemed to have to much of a brown tone to it. If it would have been a darker charcoal color, that would have been my pick.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:15 PM
MSCA
Banned

Blue Slate is a nice color, but it's just a little too much blue and not enough gray for my tastes. It just didn't pop when I was comparing the colors of cars on the dealers lot. I do think BS is one of those colors that look better in the shade than the sun.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
MSCA
Banned

I wish Infiniti had a color similar to the Anthracite on the last generation Acura TL. It's a really nice shade of gray that has a lot of brown in it that really comes out in sunlight. I would choose this color in a heartbeat over any color currently offered on the G.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:21 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I intended to get black. But after I seen the Graphite Shadow in person, I went for it instead of black. Its such a nice color.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cjkeno
Graphite Shadow doesn't look good on website, but it look so good in person!!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 PM
NonAme

graphite shadow looked so good first time i saw it in the showroom on the anniversary edition, i took the anniversary edition home that day. haha impulsive i am.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Wait until you find the color you want. I got lucky that the first 6MT I found was the exact color combo I wanted.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you asked why they can't get a GS from another state?
I had a new car brought in from another state.
Once they located the right car they wanted me to pay extra, because of the distance. I told them to forget it, I'd find one somewhere else, so they waived the extra fee. The car was 900 miles away.
I put a deposit down and had it written that the deal was subject to my approval of the car. When it showed up the car was fine, with the exception of deep marks in the thread of both rear tires. I had them swap the rear tires and wheels with a set from another new car on their lot.