G37 Sedan

GS or BS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
LINY_Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my graphite shadow G37xS two days ago - the color is amazing - a much deeper gray than the previous platinum graphite. Wait for it - it'll be worth it. Check out my gallery to see the graphite shadow (although not the best pictures!). Good luck!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
cmchism

Originally Posted by LINY_Rob
Just got my graphite shadow G37xS two days ago - the color is amazing - a much deeper gray than the previous platinum graphite. Wait for it - it'll be worth it. Check out my gallery to see the graphite shadow (although not the best pictures!). Good luck!!

After reading this post, I was afraid someone hacked my account and was posting for me. I just picked up my G37xS yesterday in GS. I echo your opinion on the color. I also got the Aero package with IMHO adds a lot to the overall look of the car. Got mine from Ira and Chris at Pepe Infinity up in White Plains. They are awesome. I put down a deposit and the looked everywhere until they found exactly what I wanted. Didn't think it was possible for me to get the sticker up that high, but couldn't be happier!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 AM
melz

Wait for it if you really want it. I was also trying to choose between BS and GS but ultimately went with GS. I took delivery of it yesterday - a xS in GS and she is absolutely stunning.

By the way, I made the deal way back at the end of April and was told that the color and combination was not available anywhere (neither in inventory nor swapped out with another dealer). The dealer told me that during their search, there were able to "intercept" one that was still on the boat somewhere over the Pacific and that they had it redirected for me. Not sure if that is a crock, but 3 weeks later, I got the car.

Good luck in your decision.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:47 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
For my tastes, the GS seemed to have to much of a brown tone to it. If it would have been a darker charcoal color, that would have been my pick.
So does Platinum Graphite although I've never Graphite Shadow in person. I love BS and it was my first choice when I traded my BS xS for my 09S. But they could't find me a car with the options i wanted and I got LP which was my second choice. But I really love BS when it's clean.

Last edited by gugarci; 05-22-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:54 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Gray is infiniti's best color, imo - they do a fantastic grey, it really pops with a good polish and wax.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM
cmchism

My new ride....

Here's my new GS that I just picked up last week. Not saying what you should get, but here's just some more food for thought...
Attached Thumbnails GS or BS?-front.jpg   GS or BS?-front75.jpg   GS or BS?-back.jpg   GS or BS?-side.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
ostrich

You got the anniversary edition?! WOW!

Originally Posted by cmchism
Here's my new GS that I just picked up last week. Not saying what you should get, but here's just some more food for thought...
It really looks great!!! Congrats!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
amg35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cmchism, thanks for posting the pics - looks great. And thanks to everyone for offering your input.

I am holding out for the Graphite Shadow.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
ufmike316

it could be a moot point by now, but i just bought a G37 and was torn between the exact same choice. The dealer here in tampa was able to locate both GS and BS in a sport-premium-nav. I chose the BS, but i know there is a GS out there in florida now (assuming they didnt sell it since a couple days ago).
Old 06-05-2010, 07:13 PM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer said he could get the G37S from any state to me in 2-4 days. Ask your dealer why they are only looking in FL. I told him I wanted to see photos of it before committing though. Lucky me though. I was sitting in the salesmans office when a truck with 3 new G's pulled in the lot. And there she was! Almost like an omen.

PS: I traded in a Graphite '05 and really, really loved that color. I wanted to go for a black this time around just for a change. Good luck! Post some photos of your car when you get it!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
zoner

Hold out for not only the color you want but every option as well. Get exactly what you want!!! Because it is way too hard and expensive to go back and redo it again.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:45 AM
urirx98

Blue SLate

I went with the Blue Slate for my G37, I had Black on my G35 and although i loooooooove the BS, i do miss the black. Get which color you want, because u will be driving it and always look at it different if its not what u wanted.
Attached Thumbnails GS or BS?-cut-side-view.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
PascalT

both colors are very nice imo. The car looks great in almost any color I wish i had the option for GS when i bought mine.. would make cleaning less of a hassle :P
Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is a photo of my G in GS.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
ntworkg0d

I'd go into the dealer and take a look at the BS. I went in looking at the graphite shadow and drove off the lot with a BS. It's a very nice color IMHO. Make sure they clean one up for you. It looks very sharp after it's been detailed.