G37 Sedan

Weird speaker crackle.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 AM
BOSS-G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird speaker crackle.

Tried to search for this but ended up with nothing. Only came up with the high-pitch frequency.

Hear goes...I have noticed that my high end is putting out a weird crackle noise when I play music through any source. Mainly more on the driver's side than the passenger's side.

This would be covered under warranty correct? But mainly just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would hope so. It's not specifically excluded in the warranty book, and I wouldn't necessarily call the speaker a wear-and-tear part, especially if the defect occurred within a year of you buying the car. The only problem I can see is if they claim you misused it or something, ie playing the speakers too loud until a hole poked through one.

Might as well take it in though while you've got the warranty.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
shrpshtr
Registered Member

Lol! And I thought was hearing things.. Glad to know I'm not the only one hearing that "crackling" sound.. The sound don't appear all the time tho, so it would be hard to duplicate when I bring the car in, in my case.. It don't bother me that much tho..
Old 05-13-2010, 04:57 PM
BOSS-G37

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
I would hope so. It's not specifically excluded in the warranty book, and I wouldn't necessarily call the speaker a wear-and-tear part, especially if the defect occurred within a year of you buying the car. The only problem I can see is if they claim you misused it or something, ie playing the speakers too loud until a hole poked through one.

Might as well take it in though while you've got the warranty.
Yeah probably call them after the weekend. Thanks

Originally Posted by shrpshtr
Lol! And I thought was hearing things.. Glad to know I'm not the only one hearing that "crackling" sound.. The sound don't appear all the time tho, so it would be hard to duplicate when I bring the car in, in my case.. It don't bother me that much tho..
You def. aren't the only one haha. I just found a song that i consistently heard the crackling with. I will take it in and use that song to show them.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
You guys aren't the only ones, I heard it a few times... I could only replicate it on specific songs at a specific time.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 AM
SM_Shadowman

BTW, it might help if you could isolate it to a certain speaker -- if you said it's the higher pitches, try the tweeters which are the speakers on the panel closest to the left and right mirrors. Adjust the balance L-R to see if it's definitely coming from one side, etc.

Otherwise it might be a problem with the music player itself. You said it's coming from whatever source you play, so I'm guessing it's not just a bad MP3 file or something.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 AM
BOSS-G37

Yeah I hear ya Igor. I'm glad it's just only me.

Shadowman: I have tried that. It's coming from both the left and right front speakers. I want to say the tweeters. I am guessing it's the speakers near the ac vents on the doors. (I'm new to the car and just can't picture it right now sorry) So yeah I'm probably still going to try and take it in just to see what they say.