G37 Sedan

your first scratch

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
I'm still confused, you said above the clear bra. Isn't your bumper covered with your clear bra film? When you said above the clear bra, I thought you meant beyond the protected area which would be further aft on the hood or the fenders.
There are a few pieces of the clear bra, and the chip is between the upper and lower pieces on the very edge of the lower bumper. Just my luck. lol But you really can't even notice it.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
indycase

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by efuseakay
There are a few pieces of the clear bra, and the chip is between the upper and lower pieces on the very edge of the lower bumper. Just my luck. lol But you really can't even notice it.
I got a stone chip on the bumper below the headlight even though I have VentureShield on my bumper. Then I got someone graffiti my bumper by a skater park with profanity but good thing I had the VentureShield on so it came off with Plexus and MagicEraser. I was going to drive back and tell them their marker sucks. KIDS!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ntworkg0d
Ugh, at least you got her licnese plate down. Hopefully you'll get some restitution out of it. Having a dumb douche bag ding your car and walk away like nothing happened is the second most infuriating thing that can happen to your car, right behind being broken into.
i hear ya. i was standing right behind her...
i even pointed ugh...
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM
BKG37X

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had mine for 2 days and there is a scratch on the front corner bumper by the lights.
Question is, do you get it fixed asap, or just enjoy the car (unless its a show car)?
Old 06-05-2010, 01:48 AM
owslystnly

Had mine for 2 days and there is a scratch on the front corner bumper by the lights.
Question is, do you get it fixed asap, or just enjoy the car (unless its a show car)?
Well, Infiniti sent me touchup paint after I bought my car......I imagine same for you. Use it if you want. But sounds like your scratch is on the bumper.....plastic.....i say leave it. Front of the car is prolly gunna get some nicks from rocks and whatnot here and there.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:19 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Today I dropped my credit card while getting gas. The wind caught it, and I dove for it, bending the gas cover door back a bit. One of the little rubber stoppers on the door flew off... finally found it and put it back on. That gas cover door is flimsy! I bent the hinges back in place easily with my hands.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 AM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another thread got me thinking about paint quality so I went out to check out my car closely the other day...of course, I found like 5 small round chips on the fuggin hood, from road debris I guess. Was bummed.

THEN, I see this thread and have to relive the whole thing damn it.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:17 AM
BillPaul

Originally Posted by MOB
another thread got me thinking about paint quality so I went out to check out my car closely the other day...of course, I found like 5 small round chips on the fuggin hood, from road debris I guess. Was bummed.

THEN, I see this thread and have to relive the whole thing damn it.
Find an expert paint & body shop and have them repair minor dings & chips every 1-2 yrs. Keeps your car looking new.

Consider this type of work similar to owning a home: occasional work & maintenance is needed to keep it in top shape.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by KLB
Get used to it. The paint on these cars is very easily scratched. IMO, it is the worst thing about the car.

+1 on that. I got the car delivered and right at the dealer I found out that the driver's door edge was scratched(probably someone test drove it and opened the door and hit the next vehicle parked on the left!) They fixed it at no cost. But the paint is much easier scratched than my 08 G35, though. When I returned my old car after 2 years, it had no scratches, chips or dents. This new one has two scratches after just 170 miles. But then again, it is just a vehicle and there is no need to worry about it and to be miserable. I used to fuss about it before, but I've learned that the more you fuss the more things happen. Just enjoy being able to drive a nice car IMHO.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Mello1

Smile

Originally Posted by hufington
But then again, it is just a vehicle and there is no need to worry about it and to be miserable. I used to fuss about it before, but I've learned that the more you fuss the more things happen. Just enjoy being able to drive a nice car IMHO.
Good words to live by, and thanks for putting it in to perspective. I was fretting over water spots the first few months I had my car. I still try to avoid them though.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
owslystnly

Dammit, just noticed some little nicks on the front end around the wheel well, appears to be from some flying rocks.

(That's the expression on the rocks face before it goes slamming into my car)

3000 miles on her now.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:46 PM
cvroom

i just have a tiny nick on mine and ive had it since April. I try to not worry about nicks and scratches since i learned my lesson with my last new car. I used to always worry about it and like hufington noted the more i worried the more sh#$ would happen to my car. 2mos after i got my '00 accord brand new there was a crease down the rear fender like somebody bent the sheet metal. somebody must have cracked a van door into or a shopping cart slammed into it. thank goodness for paintless dent removal on that one. shortly after that some kids pelted the rear fender with a drive buy egging.
would you believe a egg travelling at that volocity would leave a ring of paint chips from egg shell fragmentation?? that one got me good. 15 tiny chipps in the paint all in a ring formation.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:49 PM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Windshield rock chip on Day 20 Epoxied within 5 minutes.

Had my G35 6 years and only had 1 windshield rock chip . . .
Old 06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
G37NC

^When I lived in Houston in the late 80's my brand new car got a rock chip in the windshield on the way home from the dealer. During that time, those concrete interstates all around Houston were in such disrepair that rocks were flying everywhere. Only way I could get home though..

I had my '05 G35 for 2 years before it got it's first car door ding. I've had my '10 now for just 3 weeks. So far so good....I know it's gonna happen eventually.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:53 PM
deutsch

I had a scratch right when I got back home from the dealer the first day. Someone opened his/her door and scratched my door.