G37 Sedan

Trunk lid opened by itself?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
It happened to me twice in 2 weeks. Now I have a Grubb's rubber type jacket over each of my smart keys. This makes it a lot more difficult to accidentally press one of the buttons while the key is in my pocket.
I just went out to my garage and all the windows were rolled down on my 2010 sedan.
I thought it would be fairly hard to accidentally push in a button on the fob, while it was in my pocket, after I put a Grubb's rubber jacket over the smart key.
I had put the car into the garage an hour earlier because of a rain storm. It sure would have sucked if the windows had gone down while it was outside in the rain. We got 2" this afternoon.
Now I'm going to be double checking the windows as I walk away from the car.
Can the dealer delete the option on the smart key of it opening the windows? I've never used it on any car that had it, so I have no use for that function.
Tom
Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
melz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. I bent down to help my pre-schooler with her shoes and found all my windows down when I stood back up. I thought about it for a bit and came to the conclusion that the key button(s)? were pushed down by my wallet in my front pocket.

The buttons should be a bit more recessed.