G37 Sedan

Wishlist for Nextgen Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Hayabusa02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  1. Manually adjustable Suspension damping like on every other sports luxury car I have owned over the past 10 years. (Comfort/Sport/Track)
  2. Mapping throttle maps to the above settings would be nice too
  3. More durable Paint
  4. 60/40 Rear fold down seats
  5. Drop the car a bit...too much space in the wheel wells for a sporty look (stock)
  6. A TPMS that actually tells you your tire pressures
  7. The ability to copy mp3s to the Hard Drive
  8. A full body kit option, especially for the sedan
  9. Less cheap plastic chrome pieces on the exterior (option to have them black)
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add:

1. Terrestrial HD (digital) radio.

2. TPMS display readout for each tire. The Chevy Cobalt has this!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Most of the suggestions in this thread are good, but I’m afraid that if they were implemented we would be looking at a $70,000 G that would kill the model for sure in a year or so.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Actually, as far as the tire pressure readout suggestions, my '03 350z has individual TPMS readings for each tire displayed on the factory multifunction gauge. So Nissan already has the technology in place to offer this valuable bit of information.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Most of the suggestions in this thread are good, but I’m afraid that if they were implemented we would be looking at a $70,000 G that would kill the model for sure in a year or so.
Exactly right. This "wish list" would result in a G that costs more than the M. It sounds like many of you just bought the wrong car.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 PM
jtla

Agree with Chekov and 15951. To that point, my wish is actually that Infiniti continues to be generous on standard equipment and contents of the premium package. The G37 in standard suit is already nicely-equipped. And with the Premium Package you got most of the bells and whistles. In MB, BMW and/or Lexus, many feathers are individual options or in separate, higher-priced packages, some of which are "required" in order to buy navigation system.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
Agree with Chekov and 15951. To that point, my wish is actually that Infiniti continues to be generous on standard equipment and contents of the premium package. The G37 in standard suit is already nicely-equipped. And with the Premium Package you got most of the bells and whistles. In MB, BMW and/or Lexus, many feathers are individual options or in separate, higher-priced packages, some of which are "required" in order to buy navigation system.
Good reply, if they just get the paint issue addressed I'll probably be on my 3rd G in 2012. If not, well I guess I'll have to go shopping around
Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
pkhoopes

Originally Posted by rhymenoceros
Would like the doors to auto-unlock when you put the car into park instead of unlocking when you turn off the ca.
You can ask your dealer to re-program your car so that it will auto-unlock when you put it into park.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 PM
jtla

Doors auto-unlock only when you turn off the engine can be a good thing. Infiniti may have designed it purposely to prevent drivers from forgetting to shut off the engine, which I might have done a couple times if not for this feature.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
MaxdOut

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
V12 quad turbo, with 100 mpg city driving
Shield to protect car while parked or driving
20 Speaker 5000 watt sound system with 12in sub's in back and in doors
Forward and rear mounted missles and guns for those "you @ssh*le" times
Hud

This was a wish list right?

man I am bored........
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

All I want are a sedan as close to 3200lbs as possible with the current generation technology, a throatier exhaust and more sporty suspension setting. I'd settle for more torque, less HP.

I'D BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR A DIESEL OPTION!!!!!!!

A bit more rear leg room, better looking rims and a 19" option.

The sport brake option on ALL "S" models.

And here's where I start dreaming....I'd like a STi/Evo/GT-R front/rear adjustment setting for the AWD system.

Oh, finally, lower the seats, drop the height of the car and make it truly a 4DSC.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Balzac72
All I want are a sedan as close to 3200lbs as possible with the current generation technology, a throatier exhaust and more sporty suspension setting. I'd settle for more torque, less HP.

A bit more rear leg room, better looking rims and a 19" option.

The sport brake option on ALL "S" models.

And here's where I start dreaming....I'd like a STi/Evo/GT-R front/rear adjustment setting for the AWD system.

Oh, finally, lower the seats, drop the height of the car and make it truly a 4DSC.
The G is in fact very heavy even though it carries its weight pretty well. But, 3,200 lbs is unrealistic considering it is an AWD V6 sedan full of bells and wistles. I think 3,400 - 3,600 lbs would be more realistic for this car instead of the 3,800+ lbs it weighs now.

A sportier suspension setting sounds good, but while not making the ride much harsher.

Biger brakes/rotors and wheels on the xS sounds great,instead of just getting the bigger wheels, maily why I didn't get the xS.

AWD system setting sounds great

More room inside the cabin, trunk, and compartments.

And something needs to be done about the paint. This is a deal breaker for me. I have never seen paint like this. A freakin' KIA has better quality paint than this car. It is glossy and all, but unbelievably delicate. EVERYTHING leaves a mark. You breath on it..... a mark, you walk by it... a scratch. If they don't change the paint to something much more durable, I am done with Infiniti.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
CuddysG37

I'm already noticing the paint issue myself, only having my car for a few weeks. I haven't even got hard tags on it yet! A more durable paint would definetly be nice.

Speaking of paint, add this to my wishlist: More color options! 6 shades of gray between black and white isn't all that exciting. Sure there's a red in there too but seems limiting choices for the sedan. Don't get me wrong, I do like my Graphite Shadow. But I've had a silver car the last 9 years and I was hoping for something different. Dealer wasn't able to get Lakeshore Slate for me. The Athens Blue would have been nice for the sedan.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
And something needs to be done about the paint. This is a deal breaker for me. I have never seen paint like this. A freakin' KIA has better quality paint than this car. It is glossy and all, but unbelievably delicate. EVERYTHING leaves a mark. You breath on it..... a mark, you walk by it... a scratch. If they don't change the paint to something much more durable, I am done with Infiniti.
Amen Brother, I don't even care much about offering more paint colors, just fix the paint process. Hyundai is taking the paint process to new levels. It may sound laughable, but they do have a great paint process right now, and take a look at a 1 yr old Genesis and compare it to a 1 yr old G, the Hyundai will still look like new, the G will be a pitted, chipped & scratched mess (unless you have a clear bra and do a complete wax/buff detail every few months). I too am done w/ Infiniti if they don't address the pathetic paint issues.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
AlterZgo

Originally Posted by Chekov
I don't know about that. I think there are a lot of cheap, if not free, fixes. Like:

1. Superfast scrolling for iPod control (2011 M already has this). This is a simple reprogramming of the software.
2. 60/40 split folding seats. This will add a little cost - very little considering this is available for free on cars like the Nissan Sentra and Altima.
3. remove steel bars from sport seats/more comfortable sport seats - this should essentially be a free fix
4. better lookign wheels - another free fix - just design better looking wheels
5. move control dial to near the shift lever - this should be a minimal cost redesign.

Things I'd pay more money for:
1. direct injection (should get at least another 30 hp/ 30 lb/ft torque AND give 10% better fuel economy).
2. Synchrorev for the 6MT - this should add minimal cost since they already have it on the Z. It's probably just a software upgrade and some sensors in the shifter and clutch.
3. Can they for once and for all give the sedan the same exhaust note as the coupe and the FX35/37? Jeez! I don't think ANY sedan owner would complain that it's too loud. This would be another free or near zero cost addition.

Quick Reply: Wishlist for Nextgen Sedan