G37 Sedan

Wishlist for Nextgen Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM
indycase

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wishlist (not in any particular order):

1. Better quality leather and that they don't crease as easily (and better stitching technique as mine has excess materials all over so there are some places with major wrinkles)
2. Better paint quality and more choices especially the interior colour choices
3. More storage space ... much more
4. Auto-down right side outside mirror when in reverse/Auto-dimming outside mirrors/Power folding outside mirrors/Power rear sunshade (good for when people are high-beaming you and all you gotta do is press the button :P)
5. Around view camera (or at least add a camera and sonar to the front as well)
6. Give us (2010s) back the Adaptive Front Lighting System
7. LED headlights
8. Longer wearing tires
9. Better gas consumption
10. Needs to be faster than a BMW335 (not just on hp numbers) :P

I'm sure the above won't cost that much more for Infiniti to throw in. I do notice areas where Infiniti "cheaped out" on compared to my 2006. Just look at the rear door sills - what happened to the stainless steel?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
qb37Xs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Higher quality paint with ceramic clear coat and higher quality leather seats and I would be completely satisfied for a $40K luxury sport sedan.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
stuckintraffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most people covered performance already so mine is geared towards everyday "I wishes" such as:

1. Keyless entry - i'd like to lock my door from the door handle w/o having to wait for all open doors to be closed
2. SUPER FAST SCROLL through playlist
3. Pressing back in a Now Playing screen should ALWAYS go to playlist and highlighting the song you are on not the top of the list. I have 400 songs in one playlist and it sucks when i'm in a song starting with "S" and then playlist starts at "A" again. MAJOR SUXnessmonster.
4. "Natural Language" voice commands - i want to say "call mom" after one call button press not two call button presses then -> "call" -> "handset phonebook" -> "mom"
5. Ability to add or change gps routes w/o voice command
6. Instrument LCD display should show many things at once. Kind of lame for one screen with temp and then anothe for gas mileage left ... consolidate it from like 6 screen to 3 screen please.
7. Where can I find the date in the car?? Display date please.
8. I keep knocking over cups in the cup holder so it'd be nice to see it positioned better somehow.
9. More defined lines on the hood would be cool
10. Side mirror signal turner would be a more expensive (to me) looking touch.

I think these little things add to what makes it a luxury car and these are more software and electronic updates then overhauls so hopefully its easy implementations
Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 PM
kroams

I would like to see:

1. On both the sedan and the coupe, they should add the Synchrorev Match to the 6MT. It is a very cool technology on the 370Z and would make the 6MT G37 much easier to drive.

2. No more cheap hard plastics on the center console

3. More torque (2007 G35 sedan feels faster than the G37 sedan)

4. Around view monitor or at least side cameras in the side view mirrors to help curb parking

5. Improve BOSE sound system with better mid-range and add better EQ settings

6. Less wheel gap on the sport package

7. New sport wheels on the sedan (current ones are HORRIBLE)
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
redz06

Lots of Good Ideas for Nextgen G sedan

Keep 'em Coming

I see a lot of ideas which were not on my original top 10 list, and I think "why didn't I think of that?"

One I just noticed is the Bose radio. Bose have to be the best con-men of the world to sell their name as being premium in any way. They sell them in Corvettes as well, and they do not stand up to any comparison in either car. Infiniti should cut Bose loose and either commission a real premium sound system under their own name (like they did with the brakes). Failing that, sign on Mark Levinson and at least get some quality for the big bucks.

I hope Infiniti is reading this thread as I believe we have plenty of good ideas here.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM
G35sportsedan

A premium performance tuned option

Lexus has the IS-F
Audi RS4
BMW M3
Lincoln CTS-v
etc etc

Infiniti needs to be a powerhouse in the performance market to be the marque luxury brand. Take all the performance aspect of the GT-R and make a super edition G car coupe and sedan use the Aspects of the engine transmission and suspension technology like GTR and apply it to the G. Heck you can even call ut the TR edition..... G-TR. That will put these luxury performance brands to shame.

Only problem is Who would buy a Nissan GTR when you can drive an:
Infiniti G-TR
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by G35sportsedan
Lexus has the IS-F
Audi RS4
BMW M3
Lincoln CTS-v
etc etc

Infiniti needs to be a powerhouse in the performance market to be the marque luxury brand. Take all the performance aspect of the GT-R and make a super edition G car coupe and sedan use the Aspects of the engine transmission and suspension technology like GTR and apply it to the G. Heck you can even call ut the TR edition..... G-TR. That will put these luxury performance brands to shame.

Only problem is Who would buy a Nissan GTR when you can drive an:
Infiniti G-TR
I like that idea. The answer to your question is the same people that would buy a Z over a G Coupe. I imagine the GT-R would be a little faster than an Infiniti version(less weight from the luxory extras and such), which would draw people.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Noremac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few little things carrying over from my G35...and assuming these haven't been implemented on the G37 already

1. LED turn signal bulbs - front and rear

2. An indicator lamp when Fog lights are on

3. Auto-retract of the moonroof sunshade when the 'tilt' function is performed (just a few inches would be fine). I hate having to manually do this.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
ExtraCrispy
Registered Member

I think the G might have the worst sound system, interior materials and paint in its class (comparing to Acura TL, 3-series, A4, LaCrosse).
Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Gobbler Man

Nothing. If they improve it with all the suggestions, I will have to turn in my brand new 09 for the next model. I cant have that...haha.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
ExtraCrispy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
Nothing. If they improve it with all the suggestions, I will have to turn in my brand new 09 for the next model. I cant have that...haha.
Did you forget? - free upgrade for anyone in this thread whose ideas are accepted
Old 04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by qb37Xs
Higher quality paint with ceramic clear coat and higher quality leather seats and I would be completely satisfied for a $40K luxury sport sedan.
^this. The paint durabilty on these cars is pathetic, worse than cars costing half as much Leather isn't as bad as the paint issue, but a bit thicker leather in the seat cushions would help.

Side turn markers should also be on the list.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 AM
CuddysG37

Most the ideas I had have already been mentioned. I would add Zune support to the radio. The USB makes a decent interface, just need a software/firmware upgrade to work a Zune.

Restated in no particular order:
1.) I like the side turning markers/mirror signals. The aftermarket ones look nice under the mirrors.
2.) Better low-end torque would be nice. The flatter curve helps but could be improved. FI?
3.) Direct injection would be a good improvement as well
4.) LESS WEIGHT!
5.) I agree in fixing the voice commands to make it easier/shorter
6.) Folding rear seats, even if just one side folds down would be an improvement.
7.) Cooled/ventilated seats, like on the Nissan Maxima

Something else to consider adding:
Front sway bar for sport package would be a nice touch
Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Heated steering wheel, folding side mirrors, heated AND cooled seats, rear fold-down seats.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Not that anyone would read but I'd like...

• The nav/audio control somewhere by the shifter or arm rest like BMW and MB, I hate having to hold my arm up.
  • Keyless entry button to be on every door handle
  • Automatic open and close trunk
  • Push and open gas door, not some old crap where you gotta push one side for the other side to open
  • Option to disable stability control
  • Parking sensors in the front
  • Cooled/ventilated seats
  • Door pulls like the coupe and old gen sedans
  • Folding rear seat
  • Independent headrests on rear seats.
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Compass display on the rear view mirror (09+ don't have em)
  • Little dome lights to light up a particular area like BMW has, instead of lighting up the entire interior with the dome light.

Quick Reply: Wishlist for Nextgen Sedan