G37 Sedan

2010 Questions (some reaalll newb like).. chime in if you can :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
KingG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Questions (some reaalll newb like).. chime in if you can :)

I may not be posting in the right place..not sure.. but I'm sure if this is like other sites this is probably where people will read and reply more often

, new to this site but not new to forums..(some of you here know me already most likely from other sites..my name doesn't change much ) You’re probably going to see a few posts from me in the next few weeks with some newbie sounding questions that I will try my best to run searches on before asking. Will be purchasing a G37XS 2010 sedan asap (Auto due to wife driving it as well) as soon as I get some answers and piece this all together…that’s as much as I know thus far

That being said…on to the newbie questions ..heh

1. Couldn’t help but notice that I haven’t seen anyone really with the technology package.. I’ve seen the sport/navi/premium options chosen.. but not much/any technology …any reason why that’s not a popular choice?

2. How long has this current 2010 body style been out? Was the 2010 a mid refresh or was it all new? If it is a mid refresh when is the new model expected.. is it the usual 3 years out or are we reaching the end of the model design even sooner?

<O
3. Are there any options that are must get factory add-ons that can’t be installed after purchase. I’m not all thumbs so I can install stuff but I know some parts can never be added on (or don’t make sense $$$ wise) in some vehicles after purchase. Usually if the dealer can add it on after a purchase then it’s something that can be added on…I asked this question in particular due to the following mods:
<O</O
Midnight Black Grille
Illuminated Kick Plates
Rear Decklid Spoiler
Splash Guards (Sport) ßDo the models with the sport package need this?
<O</O
I would appreciate if anyone knows where to find the pdf install manuals etc. so I can read them. Link me up

<O</O
4. Are the current offers…0% 1-3years 2.9% 4-5 years good offers from what others have seen within the last year or is this just average or below savings and after June we could probably expect to see better?

<O</O
I got a few more questions but let’s start on those. Any answers/help appreciated in advance. Thanks guys!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1) There are people with it. I have it. It is just a rare option. Not many cars have it and some people feel it isn't worth the price.

2) The 2010 Sedan is slightly redesigned. It has a few small appearance changes, like bumper change and fog lights in bumper but overall, things haven't changed all that much since the 2007 G35 to now the 2010 G37 Sedan.

3) All those options can be installed after, but I'd recommend that you get them with the car (already installed) or you will end up paying more.

4) Not sure.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Welcome to the forums!

1) There are people with it. I have it. It is just a rare option. Not many cars have it and some people feel it isn't worth the price.
Do you find it was worth the purhase for you..find it useful? I will be getting the Sport/Nav/Premium combo for sure so was thinking of getting it as well but not sure if it's worth it either. Would love the opinion.

2) The 2010 Sedan is slightly redesigned. It has a few small appearance changes, like bumper change and fog lights in bumper but overall, things haven't changed all that much since the 2007 G35 to now the 2010 G37 Sedan.
So do you think we got a 3 years left in this bodystyle before a complete makeover..or have there been rumours of a remake in 2011?

3) All those options can be installed after, but I'd recommend that you get them with the car (already installed) or you will end up paying more.
OK...wasn't expecting that..even if I do the install myself it would still be more expensive? ...Do you guys have special places that you buy parts and access. from at discounted prices that may or may not be linked to the site? ...most forums have the go to guys for OEM parts and access lurking or special sites..someone point a finger ..or link me up please.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KingG37
Do you find it was worth the purhase for you..find it useful? I will be getting the Sport/Nav/Premium combo for sure so was thinking of getting it as well but not sure if it's worth it either. Would love the opinion.

I love the option and I'd get it again.

So do you think we got a 3 years left in this bodystyle before a complete makeover..or have there been rumours of a remake in 2011?

I'd say 2 years is about right for a remake of the Sedan. The coupe prolly has 3 more years.

OK...wasn't expecting that..even if I do the install myself it would still be more expensive? ...Do you guys have special places that you buy parts and access. from at discounted prices that may or may not be linked to the site? ...most forums have the go to guys for OEM parts and access lurking or special sites..someone point a finger ..or link me up please.
If you do the install yourself then no. Most OEM parts cannot be found at discounts.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by Blackjack
[/color]

I love the option and I'd get it again.

Cool...that's a +1 for it from someone who has it.. so that's like a +1.5 . Hope some others chime in.

I'd say 2 years is about right for a remake of the Sedan. The coupe prolly has 3 more years.

Well I guess I'll buy a 2010 then because I can't wait till 2012 for a remake unfortunately...2011 would be stretching it

If you do the install yourself then no. Most OEM parts cannot be found at discounts.
So any trusted sites with OK prices ....and is there any site or place to get the pdf install procedures that the dealers use ?? I am trying to figure out what I want to do myself and what I want to just let them do if I'm being lazy.

OH...thanks for the replies btw. !!! let's hope we got some other people who feel like typing
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Unless you are custom ordering sometimes it's hard to find a car with exactly the options and color you want. The tech seemed interesting to me, but very few 6MTs were available in my area (like 1 per dealership) and they all had the same options. I imagine that a smaller percentage of cars seems to have it, that's all.

3. There are some DIYs here for removing (and reinstalling) the grille, for example. Also, I bought a CD with a factory service manual for $15 on ebay -- it includes the official instructions for that kind of stuff. FWIW my car came with splash guards and the cargo net already. I wanted the rear spoiler and I was able to get that + installation for a better price as part of the whole car deal. They didn't have it in stock; I had to return later for the installation, but still I just showed up with a voucher, got it installed, and even got a loaner while they were doing it. No additional money out-of-pocket at the time of install.
I think you probably can get a better deal on some of those options when you negotiate them as part of the car sale. If you buy them afterwards you are likely going to have to pay full price. Unless you get an aftermarket grille on ebay or something -- which sometimes is even better.

4. They had the exact same deals last November when I bought mine, but I chose cash rebates instead, which worked out to a better overall deal & lower payment. They usually do -- so it's good to do the math if you have a choice between cash or interest incentives.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're looking at a G37xS, they only come in auto. The AWD models "x" are not available with manuals. The regular RWD models are.

I have the tech package too, I don't know why it's not more popular. Almost every G37 I've seen has it.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 AM
CuddysG37

Here's my $.02

1. Couldn’t help but notice that I haven’t seen anyone really with the technology package.. I’ve seen the sport/navi/premium options chosen.. but not much/any technology …any reason why that’s not a popular choice?
I was considering the Tech package, but the cost seemed a bit much for things I'm not too interested in, $996 invoice/$1150 MSRP. The ACCS I didn't care for, same for the pre-crash belts. Preview braking and ICC seemed like interesting novelties, but not worth the cost. What really killed it was the Tech package is NOT compatible with the aero package, sport or non, according to the mfgr. I do like the aero look.

2. How long has this current 2010 body style been out? Was the 2010 a mid refresh or was it all new? If it is a mid refresh when is the new model expected.. is it the usual 3 years out or are we reaching the end of the model design even sooner?

Looks like a little refresher to me, others may know for sure if this is the "mid-cycle facelift." I like the look of my sedan

<O
3. Are there any options that are must get factory add-ons that can’t be installed after purchase. I’m not all thumbs so I can install stuff but I know some parts can never be added on (or don’t make sense $$$ wise) in some vehicles after purchase. Usually if the dealer can add it on after a purchase then it’s something that can be added on…I asked this question in particular due to the following mods:
Midnight Black Grille
Illuminated Kick Plates
Rear Decklid Spoiler
Splash Guards (Sport)
Do the models with the sport package need this? I would appreciate if anyone knows where to find the pdf install manuals etc. so I can read them. Link me up
The "package" options are factory installed; Premium, Navi, Sport, maple accents, Tech. The rest can be dealer installed. I made an awesome deal when I bought mine: they added aero kit (front and rear spoiler), 18" 9-spoke wheels, midnight black grille, R-spec brakes, illuminated kick plates, and vehicle alarm impact sensor AT INVOICE COST. All this on top of the options that were already on the car. 6 other dealerships wanted retail plus labor for install, so work it a bit and you may get a good deal. Mind you I had to wait 2 weeks for them to get the car and all the parts in and together.

The sport package adds the side sill extensions. That's why they have different splash guards. So yes there is a difference and if you get a sport you'll need the corresponding splash guards. The aero kit/chin spoiler has a different version for sport and non-sport as well, different front bumper on the sport.

No clue on install manuals personally. Good luck finding those and post a link on the forums if you do find them.

<O</O
4. Are the current offers…0% 1-3years 2.9% 4-5 years good offers from what others have seen within the last year or is this just average or below savings and after June we could probably expect to see better?

That is a pretty decent deal in my opinion, but also consider the cash back. Depending on how much you put down, you may end up paying less by getting cash back and paying a higher interest. I'm paying less overall at 3.49% at 36 months through my credit union with $1500 dealer cash than if I had taken the 0% from Infiniti without the cash. Use this site:
Cash Back vs. Low Interest - Auto Finance Calculator

Hope this helps!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 AM
CuddysG37

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
The tech seemed interesting to me, but very few 6MTs were available in my area (like 1 per dealership) and they all had the same options. I imagine that a smaller percentage of cars seems to have it, that's all.
The 6MT does not have the option for the Tech pkg, only for the Journey or x AWD. Tech also requires:
X01-Maple interior accents pkg
R01-Sport pkg (AWD)
P01-Premium pkg, and
U01-Navi pkg.
also,
R01- Sport (RWD) or W01-Performance Wheel and Tire pkg
Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 AM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the biggest features/upgrades for 2010, in my opinion, is the navigation hardware.

I just recently test drove a 2010 coupe and the new nav is nice. You can stream pandora through the bluetooth audio and you can actually download your iphone phonebook into the new nav...sucks...can't do it on the old 2008

The nav touch screen is a little different now too. Compact flash slot is gone, now you just have the USB port in the center console.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Gobbler Man

Would have liked the Tech package myself. The one thing I regret not getting. The cruise control feature is the feature that I would want. Traffic speeds are so inconsistent that using regular cruise control is pointless.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:05 AM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had tech on my 07, but the main reason I got it then was for the backup camera. Now that is included with premium. I liked the cruise control thing, but I only drive about 5K miles a year and work from home, so I only used it once in the 3 years that I had that car. It was nice for that trip though. I couldnt justify the cost for it this time though.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
1. Unless you are custom ordering sometimes it's hard to find a car with exactly the options and color you want. The tech seemed interesting to me, but very few 6MTs were available in my area (like 1 per dealership) and they all had the same options. I imagine that a smaller percentage of cars seems to have it, that's all.
The one dealer close to me only has X models like 14 of them and the packages are limited in them as well...so i get where you're coming from. Don't know if it will make sense just ordering one ...I have a feeling getting one off the lot would make a better deal than ordering.

3. There are some DIYs here for removing (and reinstalling) the grille, for example. Also, I bought a CD with a factory service manual for $15 on ebay -- it includes the official instructions for that kind of stuff. FWIW my car came with splash guards and the cargo net already. I wanted the rear spoiler and I was able to get that + installation for a better price as part of the whole car deal. They didn't have it in stock; I had to return later for the installation, but still I just showed up with a voucher, got it installed, and even got a loaner while they were doing it. No additional money out-of-pocket at the time of install.
I think you probably can get a better deal on some of those options when you negotiate them as part of the car sale. If you buy them afterwards you are likely going to have to pay full price. Unless you get an aftermarket grille on ebay or something -- which sometimes is even better.
I'll start looking at prices asap and if they are too close to invoice then I'll negotiate the install free with prices at invoice when buying. I am seeing a lot of you guys are saying get it with the car rather than get it and install yourself after...and it's guys with mods so I'm listening

4. They had the exact same deals last November when I bought mine, but I chose cash rebates instead, which worked out to a better overall deal & lower payment. They usually do -- so it's good to do the math if you have a choice between cash or interest incentives.
Definitely doing the math..it's the only way I buy
Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
If you're looking at a G37xS, they only come in auto. The AWD models "x" are not available with manuals. The regular RWD models are.

I have the tech package too, I don't know why it's not more popular. Almost every G37 I've seen has it.
Yeah..stuck with auto regardless because I need thet AWD

Didn't say if you like the tech or not ..would you get it again ..or do you think it wasn't worth the extra??
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by CuddysG37
Here's my $.02
I was considering the Tech package, but the cost seemed a bit much for things I'm not too interested in, $996 invoice/$1150 MSRP. The ACCS I didn't care for, same for the pre-crash belts. Preview braking and ICC seemed like interesting novelties, but not worth the cost. What really killed it was the Tech package is NOT compatible with the aero package, sport or non, according to the mfgr. I do like the aero look.

Realised that as well ...wonder how the front chin affects the tech package.

The "package" options are factory installed; Premium, Navi, Sport, maple accents, Tech. The rest can be dealer installed. I made an awesome deal when I bought mine: they added aero kit (front and rear spoiler), 18" 9-spoke wheels, midnight black grille, R-spec brakes, illuminated kick plates, and vehicle alarm impact sensor AT INVOICE COST. All this on top of the options that were already on the car. 6 other dealerships wanted retail plus labor for install, so work it a bit and you may get a good deal. Mind you I had to wait 2 weeks for them to get the car and all the parts in and together.

The sport package adds the side sill extensions. That's why they have different splash guards. So yes there is a difference and if you get a sport you'll need the corresponding splash guards. The aero kit/chin spoiler has a different version for sport and non-sport as well, different front bumper on the sport.

Now I have to go look at pics to figure out how each of those options look on the sport. The chin/spoiler stuff and the 18" 9-spoke wheels. Don't see the R-spec brakes thing though ...may not be there on X models

No clue on install manuals personally. Good luck finding those and post a link on the forums if you do find them.

Will do.

<O</O

That is a pretty decent deal in my opinion, but also consider the cash back. Depending on how much you put down, you may end up paying less by getting cash back and paying a higher interest. I'm paying less overall at 3.49% at 36 months through my credit union with $1500 dealer cash than if I had taken the 0% from Infiniti without the cash. Use this site:
It's all about the math

Quick Reply: 2010 Questions (some reaalll newb like).. chime in if you can :)