G37 Sedan

2010 Questions (some reaalll newb like).. chime in if you can :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
KingG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
Would have liked the Tech package myself. The one thing I regret not getting. The cruise control feature is the feature that I would want. Traffic speeds are so inconsistent that using regular cruise control is pointless.
This is why I liked the idea also ...with cruise on I constantly have to reset/set etc. when people pull infront of me without giving enough room...But I guess I'll have to give up the chin spoiler to do that since for some reason they won't allow it on the website.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
KingG37

Originally Posted by JaxG
I had tech on my 07, but the main reason I got it then was for the backup camera. Now that is included with premium. I liked the cruise control thing, but I only drive about 5K miles a year and work from home, so I only used it once in the 3 years that I had that car. It was nice for that trip though. I couldnt justify the cost for it this time though.
That's what I have to decide...usually on long trips I use the SUV rather than the car...so maybe it will be pointless getting the tech package....I have to look at that chin spoiler and see if I like it that much. The rear decklid spoiler can be gotten with the tech package ...just not the chin.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
CuddysG37

Originally Posted by KingG37

Realised that as well ...wonder how the front chin affects the tech package.

Now I have to go look at pics to figure out how each of those options look on the sport. The chin/spoiler stuff and the 18" 9-spoke wheels. Don't see the R-spec brakes thing though ...may not be there on X models
If you see the front bumpers with tech package you'll see a rectangular opening in the front lower grille area. That's the the SONAR/RADAR/WhateverDAR for the ICC, preview braking, pre-crash belts. I'm guessing the chin spoiler interferes with this opening in an unsafe manner somehow...

The R-spec brakes are only available on the Journey and Sport 6MT. Sorry, no factory "high-friction" brakes for the heavier AWD. Just put some aftermarkets on once you burn through your first pads and you'll be at least as good off, if not better.

The 9-spokes are a little pricey, $1252 invoice/$1600 MSRP, but I liked the style better than the stocks, and I don't have to go shopping for rims and tires right after buing a new car.

Here's some pics of my G | Sport + Aero + 18" 9-spoke:
MyG37 - CuddysG37's Album: 2010 Graphite Shadow Sedan

2010 bumpers thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...or-2010-a.html

Here you can see the cutout for the front sonar on the driver side of the lower grille:
2010 Infiniti G37 gets mild facelift | ModernRacer Cars & Commentary
Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
KingG37

Originally Posted by CuddysG37
If you see the front bumpers with tech package you'll see a rectangular opening in the front lower grille area. That's the the SONAR/RADAR/WhateverDAR for the ICC, preview braking, pre-crash belts. I'm guessing the chin spoiler interferes with this opening in an unsafe manner somehow...

The R-spec brakes are only available on the Journey and Sport 6MT. Sorry, no factory "high-friction" brakes for the heavier AWD. Just put some aftermarkets on once you burn through your first pads and you'll be at least as good off, if not better.

The 9-spokes are a little pricey, $1252 invoice/$1600 MSRP, but I liked the style better than the stocks, and I don't have to go shopping for rims and tires right after buing a new car.

Here's some pics of my G | Sport + Aero + 18" 9-spoke:
MyG37 - CuddysG37's Album: 2010 Graphite Shadow Sedan

2010 bumpers thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...or-2010-a.html

Here you can see the cutout for the front sonar on the driver side of the lower grille:
2010 Infiniti G37 gets mild facelift | ModernRacer Cars & Commentary
Thanks for the links . I will probably not get the 18" 9-spoke since I'll take the regular 18" rim with the sport package and make them winters eventually and get some aftermarkets for the warmer months.

I see the cutout you are talking about now. I guess any chin spoiler would interfere with it thus "tech package = no chin spoiler"

Nice looking Graphite Shadow