G37 Sedan

Washington Post reviews 2010 G37X sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:38 AM
netmag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rehtea
nice review but.. so a 60-year old guy likes the G? Well gee, that's great! that's just the right image for the G! Wonder if he tried a Buick..
I'm in my mid-30's and we have Buick Enclave. For us, it serves as an upscale family vehicle and we really like it a lot. I think if you updated your information you would find that Buick is successfully targeting a slightly younger crowd these days.

Also, I thought I recall seeing somewhere that the largest percentage of G buyers were in the 40-50 range. I know most of the people I see driving them around here have been in that range.

If that's true then it would make sense as that is the range of people most likely to have the funds to purchase the vehicle. While there's certainly younger people who can afford to buy these vehicles, there's just not as many as there are older people. It's not just the G though. The same is true for the 3 series as well.

Here's one site that had a chart about it:
Can you guess the average age of G37 and 3-series coupe buyers? Bet you can't. - AutoSpies Auto News

On the internet, it may seem like the vast majority of G buyers are young, but that could be due to the fact that it's the internet so the age of the visitors might be skewed from reality.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 AM
1fastbob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by netmag
I'm in my mid-30's and we have Buick Enclave. For us, it serves as an upscale family vehicle and we really like it a lot. I think if you updated your information you would find that Buick is successfully targeting a slightly younger crowd these days.

Also, I thought I recall seeing somewhere that the largest percentage of G buyers were in the 40-50 range. I know most of the people I see driving them around here have been in that range.

If that's true then it would make sense as that is the range of people most likely to have the funds to purchase the vehicle. While there's certainly younger people who can afford to buy these vehicles, there's just not as many as there are older people. It's not just the G though. The same is true for the 3 series as well.

Here's one site that had a chart about it:
Can you guess the average age of G37 and 3-series coupe buyers? Bet you can't. - AutoSpies Auto News

On the internet, it may seem like the vast majority of G buyers are young, but that could be due to the fact that it's the internet so the age of the visitors might be skewed from reality.
Great post! I am 56 and the wife is 58 and we love our new G37X. We test drove a new BMW 328IX and a Lexus IS250. The G37X sedan was the car for us. I agree completley with your comment regarding age of the visitors. I think young people are more apt to post to forums and surveys than older people and I think that can skew the numbers.

Bob
Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by stratos
His little story about the trucks tells me a lot about that guy.

"....moving along I-81 north, when we got trucked -- tailgated by an 18-wheeler -- yet again."

Another left lane hogging idiot impeding normal flow of traffic.
No buddy it's not you...it's all these 18 wheelers that are out to get you.

"I knew what was under the G37's hood. I squeezed the accelerator, and . . . zoom! Goodbye, truck."

clap clap clap... awesome piece of journalism right there.

Personally, I would've prefer it if he had said something bad about the G.
Now, ..... I just feel dirty
ha ha - yeah, this guy is not a car guy. He is my dad, writing about cars. "Son, why do you need all that engine? My Kia Sportage doesn't have all that horsepower, and it drives just fine." This is like some sort of AARP column. Reminds of the service writer I just talked to who told me it takes everything in him just to pass a car in 'today's' traffic. But that above post is correct, the average age of the G buyer is older. Doesn't mean they don't like fast cars though.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
jtla

Car enthusiasts do get old, you know, but the passion remains. When you late 20's to mid-30's lucky G drivers grow up and with more dough, you are more likely to move up into BMW, Audi, or Masarati, rather than Buick, Lexus, or even Mercedez. Or, you may still love cars like the Infiniti G. (BTW, I am 50.)

Last edited by jtla; 04-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
ged1067

They certainly do get old: I'm 82!!!!

GED