G37 Sedan

Loaner G is faster than mine!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzypriest
It (the car) was so gross, I spent an hour cleaning the interior and washing the car just so I wouldn't have to drive around in this giant poop pile
Rentals never seem to get the inside of the rear window cleaned. Glad I'm not the only one who cleans rentals...
Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never understood why somebody would trash a loaner. It belongs to somebody and should be treated with respect. I don't mean to say you can't have fun in it, but why would you smoke in it or rip the leather or spill **** all over the place?

I've also noticed that the Lexus loaners are much better taken care of than the Infiniti ones. I wonder if that says anything about Infiniti owners??
Old 04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
jhp012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the computer also learns the drivers behavior. hence the loaner can be more responsive.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe it's just your dealer doesn't take care of it? The loaners at my dealer are always in pristine condition.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jhp012
the computer also learns the drivers behavior. hence the loaner can be more responsive.
Of course, but that shouldn't have an effect on 1/4 mile and 0-60 runs. I would expect WOT to behave the same regardless of throttle sensitivity across the range.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I've also noticed that the Lexus loaners are much better taken care of than the Infiniti ones. I wonder if that says anything about Infiniti owners??
That depends completely on the individual dealer.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
That depends completely on the individual dealer.
Not really. THe dealer is not the one who spilled coffe all over the floor and stained the carpet. The dealer didn't take a key and gouge the leather off of the steering wheel rim. The dealer doesn't smoke in the car and put burn holes in it. The cars were all clean but the damages were beyond the dealer's control. The only remedy would be to buy a new loaner everytime one got messed up. I doubt the Lexus dealer does that. Its just that Lexus owners apparently are more respectful of the loaners....
Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never understood why somebody would trash a loaner. It belongs to somebody and should be treated with respect. I don't mean to say you can't have fun in it, but why would you smoke in it or rip the leather or spill **** all over the place?
I hear you, but I think most owners, including myself, who have babied their new car like to see what the G is really like performance wise with their loaner. Also since loaners tend to be driven more aggressively the ECU has adjusted to this style of driving and will feel more responsive.

But having say that I treat the loaner with respect and I always park it away from other car like i do with my own G. I just drive it a little more aggressively compared to my car.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not really. THe dealer is not the one who spilled coffe all over the floor and stained the carpet. The dealer didn't take a key and gouge the leather off of the steering wheel rim. The dealer doesn't smoke in the car and put burn holes in it. The cars were all clean but the damages were beyond the dealer's control. The only remedy would be to buy a new loaner everytime one got messed up. I doubt the Lexus dealer does that. Its just that Lexus owners apparently are more respectful of the loaners....
Maybe, but it's the dealer's fault for not inspecting their loaners and holding people accountable for the damage. My last car was a Lexus, and I had to sign paperwork acknowledging that damage would be my responsibility, similar to any other rental car agency. If Infiniti chooses not to care about their own cars, they're idiots.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Drove it again tonight. The car is a real bat out of hell - a pleasure to drive if you can get past the clunks and rattles, lol. IMO, dealer should clean cars before giving them to customers.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's nice to know that the G will be faster as it get older. Some car magazine also confirmed that the same thing happened to their long term 370Z.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
328HP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
Of course, but that shouldn't have an effect on 1/4 mile and 0-60 runs. I would expect WOT to behave the same regardless of throttle sensitivity across the range.
I think it will. If one has a more sensitive throttle as I found with my 08 loaner back then, from the instant you tap it to WOT the car is charging forward, no hesitation, no lag, nothing. The car is just taking care of business. Whereas with my old car, the response probably came a fraction of a second or so after WOT and not as aggressive as the loaner. That should easily make up for the differences ozzypriest noted.

Hey Ozzy, just know that your car will easily be like the loaner. The only question is how, without being a douche on public roads, breaking the law and getting speeding tickets along the way. Good luck
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I also noticed that loaners behave differently than my car. The last time I took my car for service, I was given an 08 G35X, and every time you pushed the gas pedal it was kinda jerky. Not smooth acceleration like mine but it just charged forward, to the point that my passengers were feeling uncomfortable. I was not flooring it, justa light tap on the gas resulted in rapid acceleration. I guess thats how most service customers drove it.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 328HP
I think it will. If one has a more sensitive throttle as I found with my 08 loaner back then, from the instant you tap it to WOT the car is charging forward, no hesitation, no lag, nothing. The car is just taking care of business. Whereas with my old car, the response probably came a fraction of a second or so after WOT and not as aggressive as the loaner. That should easily make up for the differences ozzypriest noted.

Hey Ozzy, just know that your car will easily be like the loaner. The only question is how, without being a douche on public roads, breaking the law and getting speeding tickets along the way. Good luck
Right! Can't drive like an aussie Hoon every day, to work, back from work, to the video store, to wal mart, to lowes - I live in a small town and pretty soon it's like 'here comes the d-bag in the G37 again, what a tool' - besides, I just got a ticket, taking my car ***down***!! to the dealer for the service that gave me this loaner in the first place, lol!! First one in 15 years - usually I can talk my way out of a traffic stop, but this was revenue generation day for my local city hall, and this cop, who was hiding behind an offramp, getting people going too fast coming off the freeway, and he was giving a ticket almost every person coming off that thing that he could get his hands on - me, little old ladies (literally) moms in minivans, birds, goats, whatever. So I need to watch my doucheness for a little while. But we have great backroads!!

162.00 for my ticket *&^#%%!!!

Last edited by ozzypriest; 04-10-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FourT2
I also noticed that loaners behave differently than my car. The last time I took my car for service, I was given an 08 G35X, and every time you pushed the gas pedal it was kinda jerky. Not smooth acceleration like mine but it just charged forward, to the point that my passengers were feeling uncomfortable. I was not flooring it, justa light tap on the gas resulted in rapid acceleration. I guess thats how most service customers drove it.
This is pretty funny that it appears that it is common for loaners to drive this way - this must be that thing about the transmission adjusting with negative and positive numbers, and people who drive like a maniac have like a -2 or something. I have no idea what I am talking about, but it sounds cool. But these cars really do seem to respond to very, very aggressive driving. These cars like angry drivers.

Quick Reply: Loaner G is faster than mine!