G37 Sedan

Experiences with G37x and customer service so far ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
super2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Experiences with G37x and customer service so far ....

I have only driven my 2009 g37x around 8000kms in just over 5 months ... so far I have had various issues over these few months. This weekend decided to take a long trip (over 1000k) ... on the way, one of the tires just shredded into pieces, had no warning on the dashboard of any low air pressure or anything .... had to call Infiniti RS assistance, get it toad to a safe place to change the tire to the spare one ... what a long day it was. Next day took the car to the local Infiniti dealer to have the tire replaced/looked at ... what idiots ... all they wanted was to sell me a semi- new tire .... cost me over $300 to get this tire installed. They knew that they had me by my "*****". Being a long weekend my dealer was closed ... Infiniti customer service was closed ... nothing went right.

Today took it to my dealer and called Infiniti customer service .... no help at all. They could have literally told me go F myself instead of beating around the bush ... actually Infiniti customer service head office said ...sorry we cannot help you, you did not buy the tires from us. I could not believe this statement ... the tires came with the car...it is not I ordered the car in pieces and assembled it myself. What idiots ....

I have been driving over 30 years ...gone through various cars manufactured by different companies, but Infiniti, Nissan or whatever crap you want to call them/it ... it takes the cake for horrible customer service. Every time I have an issue and run up against the wall ... the more friends I tell and advice them not to buy cars from this manufacture. It looks like I will be spreading these words everywhere ....

Tell me about your experiences ...
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
mishmosh

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I honestly do not know what your beef is. Holiday weekend closed? Tire shreds up? What would you expect infiniti to do? You likely hit a road hazard and fubar'd the tires. That is not covered. No manufacturer is going to be open on a Holiday weekend and pay for your shredded tire. So you had a crappy weekend--I hear you. But Infiniti customer service is reasonable--no, not extraordinary, but luxo customer service rankings already have spelled that out for us.

I have had my door trim, bose amplifer, headlight, steering rack, battery--all replaced under warranty and without fuss. My dealer has been tight on loaner cars in the past, but that is about my only complaint.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Tires are warranteed by their manufacturer against defects. Sounds to me like you hit something. Why would Infiniti be responsible for replacing a wear item that was damaged through no fault of theirs?

You should have had the car towed to a tire store, and had a new tire put on that matches the others for around $250.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I honestly do not know what your beef is. Holiday weekend closed? Tire shreds up? What would you expect infiniti to do? You likely hit a road hazard and fubar'd the tires. That is not covered. No manufacturer is going to be open on a Holiday weekend and pay for your shredded tire. So you had a crappy weekend--I hear you. But Infiniti customer service is reasonable--no, not extraordinary, but luxo customer service rankings already have spelled that out for us.

I have had my door trim, bose amplifer, headlight, steering rack, battery--all replaced under warranty and without fuss. My dealer has been tight on loaner cars in the past, but that is about my only complaint.
Jesus, really? All of that? Steering rack? What was that all about? Are you sure you didn't buy a Pontiac G8?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Jesus, really? All of that? Steering rack? What was that all about? Are you sure you didn't buy a Pontiac G8?
I just returned a 2006 IS350 before I picked up my G. It had recalls that required replacing the steering rack, the fuel rails, and other important items that made me

Cars are so complex now that these systems seem more prone to design flaws.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
Cars are so complex now that these systems seem more prone to design flaws.
This. Especially the luxury brands. I guess that's part of the reason why Land Rover gets ranked at or close to dead last in reliability by Consumer Reports. Certainly not the only reason, though.

(Infiniti was #3 last year and is now #4. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I like to keep reminding myself)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Unless you got a tire road hazard warranty as part of purchase they will not replace it for you. Had a similar issue on Jan 1st. and no one is open that day. 1 out of the 2 road hazard service guys was even closed that day.Oh and no spare in the vert either. Plus they won't two you home, only the closest dealer, which.. jan 1st is closed which does nothing for me. Triple A is so much better and I had that and they transported the car+ me and the wife home and continued the two the next day to the dealer. At least you had a spare
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you blew a tire, standard car warranty does not cover it, life happens.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am actually very happy with customer service at the Infiniti dealers that i went to. They are always polite and offer their help. Obviously if you want them to bend over backwards for you while being angry towards them - well then i dont think anyone would want to help....
Old 04-06-2010, 12:09 AM
mishmosh

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Whenever I turned the wheel, I would hear a popping sound. Like something in the rack was unlubricated. And yeah, that IS a lot of problems. When I bought this car, I broke my own rule for buying a brand new model. AFter the fixes though, the car has been nothing but great.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by beerme986
you blew a tire, standard car warranty does not cover it, life happens.
QFT.

OP, hope your luck changes for the better in the future!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
super2010

Tire shredding into pieces is only one thing ...so many other issues just like some of you... every dealer handels situation differently, some are nice and some are not. But head office Infiniti support just does not understand customer service ... there are ways of saying things which make a bad situation sound positive so the customer does not get more furstrated. I, as a consumer did Infiniti a favour by buying their car ... but the treatment I get now is "so what" . Oh well sooner or later this organization will learn customer service is top priority.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by super2010
I, as a consumer did Infiniti a favour by buying their car ... but the treatment I get now is "so what" . Oh well sooner or later this organization will learn customer service is top priority.
I think you are being a bit negative here. And I don’t think you did ANYONE a favor here… if you use that logic for everything else – do you do a favor for every other company when you buy their products? They made a product, you paid money for it, its an exchange.

Im just a little confused about what you expected Infiniti customer service to do for you in regards to a tire, especially on a holiday?
Did you want them to get you a new tire free of charge and open a dealership on a holiday so that you could be serviced?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
super2010

Let's ignore the tire issue, as I said that was only one of the issues. Also, you are correct ... it is an exchange. I could have purchased a vechile from a different manufacture ...which I have done for the past 30 years and I will continue to do that after this purchase. I am more focused on how they support the product after the purchase. Personally I have not had good experience with Infiniti customer service, others might have and that is excellent. Please pass this excellent experience over my way ...
Once a company has your money, how does it stand by it's product ....this is the important question ..is it friendly? is it easy to get it serviced? ....etc.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
So, what would have been "ideal" support knowing that your tire's demise was not the fault of the auto manufacturer?

Quick Reply: Experiences with G37x and customer service so far ....