G37 Sedan

Experiences with G37x and customer service so far ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by super2010
Let's ignore the tire issue, as I said that was only one of the issues. Also, you are correct ... it is an exchange. I could have purchased a vechile from a different manufacture ...which I have done for the past 30 years and I will continue to do that after this purchase. I am more focused on how they support the product after the purchase. Personally I have not had good experience with Infiniti customer service, others might have and that is excellent. Please pass this excellent experience over my way ...
Once a company has your money, how does it stand by it's product ....this is the important question ..is it friendly? is it easy to get it serviced? ....etc.
I was actually very pleasantly surprised with the level of service i get at my dealership. I moved up to my G37 from a Nissan and if you compare those two – it’s a night and day difference between the service. Nissan was horrendous in that department. With this Infiniti I get treated with respect and the tech’s actually listen to what I have to say, and if I say there is a problem then they look into it without asking any questions. They make you food while you wait in the service department or give you a loaner free of charge. I cant really ask for more.

What car company are you comparing it to?
Have you always had great service from this other manufacturer?
And what brand gave you the best service so far?

Maybe your dealer is just not up to par with the others? Maybe look for another one – if there is one near by.
I wish you luck
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
customer service is completely depend on the dealer. I have a dealer near me that is the worst, and another one that tries to help my situation. if you dont like your service department, find a new one; but no dealer is going to help you in your tire situation.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's ignore the tire issue, as I said that was only one of the issues. Also, you are correct ... it is an exchange. I could have purchased a vechile from a different manufacture ...which I have done for the past 30 years and I will continue to do that after this purchase. I am more focused on how they support the product after the purchase. Personally I have not had good experience with Infiniti customer service, others might have and that is excellent. Please pass this excellent experience over my way ...
Once a company has your money, how does it stand by it's product ....this is the important question ..is it friendly? is it easy to get it serviced? ....etc.
I understand you, support matters. But even though you're not pleased with the support of the product, you have to admit that the product is nice. Are you pleased with the product?
Also perhaps try a different Infiniti Dealer next time. At my dealership they seemed nice and knowlegable, so you never know.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
JonfromCB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for Infiniti service...I'm on my third Infiniti in 6 years and have purchased from
two different dealerships and used three others for service while on the road.
I am not at all impressed with "Infiniti service departments" overall. They are
clearly not as standardized in their training, processes and proceedures as
BMW, Mercedes, or Ford...who believe it or not is absolutely the best as far
as I'm concerned with very standarized processes, professionalism, standardized
prices from dealer to dealer, speed, and always showing and explaining any
mechanical issues to you with both a service manager and mechanic showing
and explaining the issue and the options....and before you leave, a detailed
summary of parts and service done on your car is put into a computer which
shows the owner, other dealerships and potential buyers any and all work
done on your car, maintenance records and when maintenance is due...as
well as providing coupons for various parts and maintenance discounts that
are honored nationally at all dealerships.....I never pay more than 39 dollars
for an oil change with synthetic, filter, multi-point check, tire rotation, fluid
fill and a car wash. The same thing at Infiniti would cost at least $150 and
I have to make an appointment and I have to ask for a multi-point check
and I have to ask for a car wash or they don't do it.

As for this situation....tire issues suck and are usually time consuming and
expensive. I recommend that anyone go to their favorite dealership or
tire company and purchase a warranty on their tires....road service, flat
repair, road hazard replacement, tire life rotation and balance. I just
bought one for each of my cars for $16/tire and they replaced
a tire free (casualty of a pothole) for free with my warranty purchase.
Spending that $80 saved me about $150 the first time I needed it.

Last edited by JonfromCB; 04-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
super2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This car actually reminds of a old Ford Mustang GT..I use to be a passenger with my friend and all the noise, rattle, uncomfortable long rides, jerkyness when slowing down and lots of horse power ... what a piece of ?!@# ... sorry I am just not happy with the car so far at this price tag.
Tyring to figure out the magazine reviews on this car ... somebody must be getting lot of perks or benefits under the table ...LOL.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
8000kms. So I take it you're in Canada/Europe?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
if you dont like the car then sell it. i say if your going to buy a brand named car then be ready to be dissapointed at a certain point. I have an 08 G35xS and ive been to the dealer a total of 3 times, once was for the brake TSB in which they changed all the rotors and pads under warranty at 8500 miles, and twice for an oil change which i do myself now. i never liked their service since day one so i limit myself to what i need done from there. AAA is probably one of the best options out there because they help you alot. as for the dealer charging you $300 for a tires that cost then less than half assuming you have 17" rims they and you had no choice so why complain. when my transmission dies at 50,000 miles i wont blame it on the poor customer service at the service department ill blame it on myself because i drive in an aggressive manner, so if you had a nail in your tire, or your tires were under inflated, maybe the tire was worn out because the alignment was messed up these are all things you have to check not the dealer. if people think Ford, mercedez, BMW service is better then think again. My friend used to have a Ford GT 500 and when he got problems with the supercharger ford didnt cover him under warranty. My brother drives a 2004 ML 350 and when he went to get his AC compressor fixed they didnt do it even if the truck was under warranty. My cousin drives a 335i and his fuel pump kept dying out, and BMW only changed it twice before they asked him to pay for it when it died the third time.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Aaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What issues have you had besides the tire? You keep saying "other issues."
Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This car actually reminds of a old Ford Mustang GT..I use to be a passenger with my friend and all the noise, rattle, uncomfortable long rides, jerkyness when slowing down and lots of horse power ... what a piece of ?!@# ... sorry I am just not happy with the car so far at this price tag.
Tyring to figure out the magazine reviews on this car ... somebody must be getting lot of perks or benefits under the table ...LOL.
The dealer should take care of the rattles for you. Noise, seat comfort, "jerkyness when slowing down" (??), etc. were YOUR responsibility to notice before you bought the car. It sounds like you rushed into a decision on a sports sedan, and what you really wanted was a very smooth, boring, slow car that is not made for enthusiasts. You should have gone with the Camry, pal.