G37 Sedan

Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Got them direct from ERZ. Install went fine except for those two bolts on the headers what a PITA! But I can confirm that HFCs will fit the x sedan.

There is quite a bit of rasp but everyone else I've talked to with the ERZs says it dies down quite a bit after a week or two. I'll update as I put more miles on them. There wasn't much of a chance to open her up on the way home because of traffic.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
cdso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
Here are my HFCs that I'll be slapping on tomorrow...

Not as pretty as the Invidias, but much cheaper! How's the butt dyno??
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
motobonsai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice going. You did them yourself?

I hope the rasp comes down for you.

I have yet to do any mods for the X it seems not much out there for them.

SO thanks for keeping us informed.

Do they sound better even though there is a rasp?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:06 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cdso
Not as pretty as the Invidias, but much cheaper! How's the butt dyno??
Agreed, the Invidias are GORGEOUS, but what's the point. I mean, they are underneath the car where you will never see them!

----------

moto, nope... didn't install them myself. Those two header bolts, sarcastically, come pre-stripped from the factory. lol

Butt dyno... can't tell just yet... seems to be a little more responsive at low RPM, but it's in no way a "fix" for the bog the 7AT is notorious for. I didn't bother resetting the ECU, so after a week, I'll report back with performance impressions and about the sound. When they warm up, they do get quieter though. The Z guys said after a week or two, they get better, so I'm not too worried. But now, soon after cold start, you can definitely hear the "rattling" right underneath you. But I can live with it for now!

And I swore I'd hold off on mods for awhile, but I've been bitten again. I'm planning on getting a Fast Intentions catback exhaust real soon. They do make one for the X sedan.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
cdso

Do they send new hardware for both ends of the HFC...bolts & gaskets? I'm seriously thinking about pulling the string on these and the R2Cs.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
bosssho

Just installed front sway bar and R2C last night. I emailed R2C and depending on their response I will hold off on my review. ;-)
Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bosssho
Just installed front sway bar and R2C last night. I emailed R2C and depending on their response I will hold off on my review. ;-)
Uh oh... what happened this time? lol

They will rectify whatever it is rather quickly I'm sure!

-----------------------------

cdso, yeah bolts and gaskets were all included. Install was a bitch though. They had to torch two of the header bolts. lol

Right now, it's quite raspy/rattling... and kind of annoying... but it'll calm down after a week or two, so I'm not at all worried.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
cdso

I thought they resolved all the issues with the R2C??

@ efuse...Air gun wouldn't even take off the header bolts?? Damn! Why's it rattling? I can understand the rasp...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cdso
I thought they resolved all the issues with the R2C??

@ efuse...Air gun wouldn't even take off the header bolts?? Damn! Why's it rattling? I can understand the rasp...
I'm curious about the R2c thing too! I actually worked with those guys for the 6th Gen Maxima system... so I know whatever it is, they will take care of it!

Rasp/rattle... Sorry for that... It all sounds the same to me. lol But yeah, it's just rasp! It quiets down when it heats up. And in another week or so, it'll break in even more.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Hmmm... well my SES light popped up just a bit ago. P2A03. I cleared it with my scanner, so we will see if it pops up again. Looks like one of the a/f sensors in the headers is throwing it. Blah.

Updates eventually.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
bosssho

Ok, so finally I get a %^&*( second to follow up. Sorry for the Delay.

On Tuesday Night I installed the Hotckiss Front Sway Bar and the R2C CAI on my 2010 G37S Sedan. The sway bar was a breeze. Much easier than even on my coupe as the end links are easier to deal with now. That took two seconds and looks sweet. The R2C was a nightmare to install. I uninstalled the OEM dual intakes in about 5 mins and then got to assembling/installing the R2C and the directions were useless and there were several small little details like the orientation of the brackets and the reusing of the OEM MAF wire loom clips or how to route and use the PCV hoses that simply were not explained at all and every picture was a joke in a smeared black and white. So I went on line, Googled R2C installs, and there was a great 370Z install I found that showed me what I needed to know...then I wrapped that up, but only b/c I had bought extra hose for my 05 Coupe b/c you needed to cut a hose when using the Motordyne Intake stuff and luckily I kept all that so I could modify one of the hoses and use it to work on the driver's side, otherwise the PVC hose would not be long enough to fit right. I emailed R2C all of this...in bulleted detail and they were great in saying they would modify the instructions and look into including more hose clamps to replace the compression clamps the OEM hoses use, etc...very good and mature in their responses. They will update me as they make changes too. After I buttoned it all up I took the car for a ride and under normal driving you can't hear a thing...which is GREAT...and then when you get on it...WOW...I almost $hit myself lol at how throaty it sounds compared to the CAIs I had on my other two previous G's. Definitely an A+++ on Sound and looks once installed. Very happy with the end result. The means just sucked. :-)
Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
bosssho

So Wednesday afternoon brought the delivery of the Tanabe Mufflers so I did the Rear Hotckiss Sway Bar (Again a breeze and no issues) and put it on the stiffest setting...I may back off to the medium setting, but not sure yet, and I did the Tanabe Mufflers too. As promised by LightsOut who assured me all of this stuff would fit...it all fit like a glove. The Tanabe install took all of 20 mins or so...it was a joke. Looks awesome. Makes NO noise under normal driving just like I personally want, and then when you get on it, it compliments the R2C intake very well. I don't feel any more power at this point, but I did not do an ECU reset as I don't bother disconnecting the battery, but I did not expect much here. The looks and sound compliment each other very well with the looks of the OEM Spoiler, Coupe 19s, Tint, and Hoen Fog lights. I am happy and done as far as that goes.

The last things I need to do are reinstall my Grounding kit I have left over from my Coupe and do some research on either the Hand Held Tuners or the Reflash. Not sure on what to do there...Always did Reflashes in the past...1st with Technosquare and then with Altered Atmosphere...but it seems things have changed in the past few years.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bosssho
Ok, so finally I get a %^&*( second to follow up. Sorry for the Delay.

On Tuesday Night I installed the Hotckiss Front Sway Bar and the R2C CAI on my 2010 G37S Sedan. The sway bar was a breeze. Much easier than even on my coupe as the end links are easier to deal with now. That took two seconds and looks sweet. The R2C was a nightmare to install. I uninstalled the OEM dual intakes in about 5 mins and then got to assembling/installing the R2C and the directions were useless and there were several small little details like the orientation of the brackets and the reusing of the OEM MAF wire loom clips or how to route and use the PCV hoses that simply were not explained at all and every picture was a joke in a smeared black and white. So I went on line, Googled R2C installs, and there was a great 370Z install I found that showed me what I needed to know...then I wrapped that up, but only b/c I had bought extra hose for my 05 Coupe b/c you needed to cut a hose when using the Motordyne Intake stuff and luckily I kept all that so I could modify one of the hoses and use it to work on the driver's side, otherwise the PVC hose would not be long enough to fit right. I emailed R2C all of this...in bulleted detail and they were great in saying they would modify the instructions and look into including more hose clamps to replace the compression clamps the OEM hoses use, etc...very good and mature in their responses. They will update me as they make changes too. After I buttoned it all up I took the car for a ride and under normal driving you can't hear a thing...which is GREAT...and then when you get on it...WOW...I almost $hit myself lol at how throaty it sounds compared to the CAIs I had on my other two previous G's. Definitely an A+++ on Sound and looks once installed. Very happy with the end result. The means just sucked. :-)
I had a feeling it was the hoses (or lack of) and instructions. lol

But I knew they'd back it all up! Glad that was all taken care of... even if it's for future customers!

P.S. The P2A03 code I got with the HFCs came back. So I did some digging around. Someone on here suggested doing a "mixture ratio self-learning value clear" which I found on page 23 here:

http://www.teejnut.com/public/TJ/Z34..._Manual/EC.pdf

I just did it an hour ago, so I won't know if it's worked for another few days.

What this does is resets the a/f ratio parameters to zero, in effect, allowing the ECU to re-learn everything. Hopefully this works, since, as far as the ECU is concerned, I'm back to stock now with the HFCs installed. I'll be crossing my fingers. lol
Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
bosssho

I am glad I am leasing...otherwise I know I would be doing a post header back exhaust...lol
Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

LOL DO one anyway, and save the stock exhaust! Takes an hour to swap! MWAHAHA!

Quick Reply: Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan