G37 Sedan

Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
bosssho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
I had a Greddy SP2 exhaust on there... but when I installed the headers, it sounded AWFUL. Rasp. Bees. You name it. I ended up chopping off the mufflers and resonator and added a pair of Vibrant 1148 mufflers, and a big Magnaflow res. The result is what you saw in the vid.

Intakes for the G are a dilemma though. The stock intakes are actually quite good, from everything I've seen. But when the time comes, and I do decided to get a system, I'd go for the R2c. Install/maintenance is definitely an issue for me. I don't want to be removing the bumper just to clean the filters, you know? Regardless, intake systems for the G are pretty expensive, being dual.

You might want to check out this vendor... I know the group buy is well over with, but he may be able to get you a good price:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...group-buy.html

Thanks. Just read about a 1/2's worth of that thread and another one it linked me too. Seems the R2C is more power than the Stillen Short Ram CAI too...so I will see what they can do for Price. I know it was mentioned above that they could be had for $400 shipped, but I can't find that.

Now onto whether to do a CBE or Just mufflers....and maybe a Reflash/Hand Held Tuner...OEM spoiler just came in today and will go on tomorrow with Tint, Hoen Fog Lights, and Hard wire of V1
Old 04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by LightsOut
^^^^

this vendor is awesome.
Which one Lightsout?

PM me too if it's easier ok. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the vendor in the link
Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 PM
LightsOut

I just installed my ground wire kit. I like the affects so far.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
bosssho

I just installed my ground wire kit. I like the affects so far.
I still have my grounding kit from my old Sedan and My Coupe...Plan on installing that some time soon too. What did you notice different on your new 2010 Sedan?

Also, and this is getting confusing...I just want to verify...You have the Tanabe Exhaust on your 2010 right? If that's not right I apologize but I am tryin to absorb a lot quickly here...

It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong please, that Tanabe does NOT make an exhaust for the 2008-2010 G37 sedan. They do make one for the 07-08 G35 Sedan though. I checked on Stillens sight and they make one for the 2008-2010 G37 Sedan, but that part number is one digit different than the Stillen 2007-2008 G35 which to me means the Tanabe would NOT fit our 2010 sedans...so plese fill me in there.

Ordering the R2C intake per thre recomendations of you guys. Working with a great vendor on here too thanks to you guys.

Trying to nail down an exhaust and then onto a tune or hand held...
Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
LightsOut

Originally Posted by bosssho
I still have my grounding kit from my old Sedan and My Coupe...Plan on installing that some time soon too. What did you notice different on your new 2010 Sedan?

Also, and this is getting confusing...I just want to verify...You have the Tanabe Exhaust on your 2010 right? If that's not right I apologize but I am tryin to absorb a lot quickly here...

It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong please, that Tanabe does NOT make an exhaust for the 2008-2010 G37 sedan. They do make one for the 07-08 G35 Sedan though. I checked on Stillens sight and they make one for the 2008-2010 G37 Sedan, but that part number is one digit different than the Stillen 2007-2008 G35 which to me means the Tanabe would NOT fit our 2010 sedans...so plese fill me in there.

Ordering the R2C intake per thre recomendations of you guys. Working with a great vendor on here too thanks to you guys.

Trying to nail down an exhaust and then onto a tune or hand held...

Ground wires; I got the same affects everyone else gets. smoother thorttle, louder sound system..

No, I dont have any type of exhaust. I do plan on getting the Tanabe mufferls thought, along with HFC

2007-2010 sedan exhaust is the same! nothing has changed.

I'd suggest get a tune rather than tune plug and play. thats just me...

If you really want an exhaust. Get the Fast Intentions exhaust. Thats the bad boy I just might get down the line... instead of mufflers
Old 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
bosssho

Ok, I don't want to deal with the HFC for sticker reasons and I just spent an hr listening and searching...and here is what I found:

Fast Intentions: They don't make a sedan exhaust.
Link to their Site: Fast Intentions

Stillen...Same vendor on here that I am getting the R2C CAI from sells Stillen (but will help me with other brands if necessary) and the exhaust sounds like Heavan...at least to me...
Two Clip Links:

First...
YouTube - 2009 Infiniti G37S 6mt Sedan Stillen Exhaust Sound Clip.
2nd...
YouTube - Infiniti G37S Sedan with Stillen Exhaust and Injen CAI.

Tanabe...Going by your info...Which I will say I trust at this point...their G35 Sedan Exhaust will fit my 2010 G37 Sedan and here are two sound clip Links...with some Humor too. ;-)

First...with Great Ending...
YouTube - G37S + Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust

2nd...with great example of sound...
YouTube - G37S + Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust pt 2

Let me know what you think....
Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
bosssho

If I listen back to back to back b/t the Stillen and the Tanabe...it's VERY close...and I know the Video Cameras and Angles and background noise, or lack thereof, all affect each clip...but...I would give the edge...a C-Hair's edge...to the Stillen for sounding a little tighter.

From what I understand the Stillen does not really make any power though and for about $300+ more...and more to install...not sure if it's worth it....
Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
LightsOut

Fast Intentions does make sedan exhaust...I cant do all the searching for you.. lol

Fast Intentions

your a sedan not a coupe. Coupe and Sedans have different muffler setup. SO YOU CANT look at coupe sound clips, even though the exhaust tone might be the same. but the setup is different.

note: exhaust sound will different with more than one mod. intake, hfc, exhaust will make a different tone than just an exhaust or intake.

coupe has single muffler, dual tips.
sedan has 2 mufflers, each with there own tips.

Last edited by LightsOut; 04-06-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:31 PM
cdso

You may also want to check out the Invidia Gemini CBE. Along the same lines as the Tanabes in that they're not too loud if that's what you're looking for. Lightsout is right in that the coupe & sedan have different exhaust setups, but it's even more than that. The coupe exhaust is louder than the sedan. For example, if you check out some of the vids for the Tanabes, the coupe will be louder compared to the sedan. I have them on my sedan and they're relatively quiet compared to a coupe with the Tanabes.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Well, I ordered some high flow cats from ERZ Performance:

ERZ performance / CNT RACING 09-10 Nisasn 370z High Flow Catted Pipe

Should be here in a week, and installed soon after. I'll update everyone... and I need to take some vids too. That's how I was able to get them for cheaper than MSRP...
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
bosssho

I just realized that the Tanabe was on a Coupe...or else I would never have linked them as apples to apples. Doh...

Yes, they do sound quite difference...Sedan to Coupe that is.

I can't find a sound clip of the Tanabe exhaust on a sedan....and that Fast Intentions one is Expensive...and my car is a lease...so I am trying to keep it semi easy on the wallet.

I am leaning towards the Stillen at this point which is about $200 more than the Tanabe, but sounds unreal...and unless I can hear the Tanabe it will be hard to go that route.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM
LightsOut

FI is a much better exhaust system that stillen.

tanabe is just mufflers and the stillen is a full exhaust, so if you want the performance and sound then stillen is your choice.

I would go Fast Intentions cause it's proven to have hp gain and for the extra 200 more its well worth it.

another exhaust to consider is the Magnaflow exhaust. Price wise its the cheapest of them all.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
bosssho

FI is a much better exhaust system that stillen.

tanabe is just mufflers and the stillen is a full exhaust, so if you want the performance and sound then stillen is your choice.

I would go Fast Intentions cause it's proven to have hp gain and for the extra 200 more its well worth it.

another exhaust to consider is the Magnaflow exhaust. Price wise its the cheapest of them all.
I am losing my mind over this...ha ha

YouTube - 2009 Infiniti G37S Sedan RWD 7AT Tanabe Medalion Exhaust Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

So this has the Sedan and Tanabe....sounds great on the Take off at 3:00 mark...pretty much like the Stillen.

Do you have any links to sound clips for the Fast Intensions? Do you want to by mine when my Lease is up?

What are the HP Gains on the Stillen vs. Fast Intensions and loudness on Fast Intensions? That's why the Stillen was so attractive...and now the Tanabe...b/c the sound is nice when on it and docile when off or cruising.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
LightsOut

look up 07-08 g35 sedan fast intention exhaust videos.

they all sound the same kind of. AND yes Ill buy your exhaust from you in three years. lol

HP wise... have to search for dyno results. but FI has been proven since the first g35 gen.

Quick Reply: Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan