G37 Sedan

Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 PM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bosssho
Thanks Man. I am going to order the Hotchkis right now...Do you have a preferred Vendor to get them from?

I kept my Coupe 19s...so they are on here with brand new Pole Position Bridgestones...Just the Rim upgrade from 18s to 19s made a difference and lowered the car about 1/2" or so...maybe even 3/4" but I can't remember. Also, the Weight...as I threw each tire/rim on a scale...is the same if not a C-Hair less w/the 19s so Win-Win for Looks, Handling, and unsprung weight.

Are you talking Drop Ins as in Drop in Filters? If so, which kind and are they dry? On my Coupe I had the Crawford V Upper, Motordyne Lower, into a Short Ram CAI with Stillen filter/box...and that alone was pretty nuts for sound under load and acceleration....and then I added the Stillen exhaust and the extra throatyness of it was perfect....

before you purchase some sways. Do some research between stillen and hotchkis sways. Compare them and see which ones are perfect for you.
even though Hotchkis will meet your needs since you prefer your sways super stiff.

Yes I mean drop in filters. Get a dry flow drop in filter, unless your a K&N supporter. If you really set on intakes, do some more research on those, since intakes are based on opinions.
I plan on only getting drop in dry flow filter, which a vendor is sellling here. I'm anti HKS drop in filter cause they just dont filter like other filters do.

On my coupe I had R2C intake Mrev2, 5/16 spacer and exhaust, So I know what sound your talking about. SO if you want that sound on the Sedan, any intake will give you that sound, especially now since larger motor and dual intake system.

I should of done the same and kept my 19's. I was scared the dealer might catch it and lower my trade in price.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
bosssho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car was a lease...they never even check that stuff as they don't care. Someone is getting brand new Blizzaks on some nice 17" 350Z rims though. ha ha.

I can't find any evidence of Stillen Sway Bars existing and here is Stillen's reply to me re: 2010 G37 Sedans...

Is the G37 sedan RWD or AWD?

We offer the following STILLEN products

STILLEN exhaust 504377 will fit 2010 models
STILLEN intake 402847 2010 models not confirmed yet

Sorry, no STILLEN sway bars at this time.

Sounds to me like the Hotchkis Sways are the only option, and a good one at that. If you came from a coupe too...and love em...that's good enough for me. What Vendor did you use?

On the CAI...Injen, which I love on our Armada, says there Short Ram will fit and I would bet Stillen's does too like you said...I have not had a second to look under the hood to even inspect the OEM dual intakes to see if they are like the old G35 intakes w/all that stupid noise cancelling chamber crap which the Z-Tube eliminated....I would probably be happy with that for sound and some nice dry fit drop in filters....but again, I don't enough yet about the oem set up to move ahead.

Exhaust...if the Stillen Sedan setup sounds as good as the Coupe that would probably work...Just a lot of $$$$....but I know other exhausts have come to market in b/t now and when I got my 05 Coupe so like you said research is king.

I have the Graphite Shadow (new Color) with the Coupe 19s and the Black Out Grille and will add Hoen Fog Lights to complete the looks I care about...oh, and 35% Tint ASAP too...Oh...lol...and I have the OEM Spoiler being sent to me right now...so for looks I will be good to go. Just want the Sways to finish off what the coupe 19s did for handling and the CAI and/or Exhuast to polish off the sound...Maybe do a Programmer down the road too...but the car is pretty darn fast as is... ;-)
Old 04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
LightsOut

My car was a lease...they never even check that stuff as they don't care. Someone is getting brand new Blizzaks on some nice 17" 350Z rims though. ha ha.

I can't find any evidence of Stillen Sway Bars existing and here is Stillen's reply to me re: 2010 G37 Sedans...

Is the G37 sedan RWD or AWD?

We offer the following STILLEN products

STILLEN exhaust 504377 will fit 2010 models
STILLEN intake 402847 2010 models not confirmed yet

Sorry, no STILLEN sway bars at this time.

Sounds to me like the Hotchkis Sways are the only option, and a good one at that. If you came from a coupe too...and love em...that's good enough for me. What Vendor did you use?

On the CAI...Injen, which I love on our Armada, says there Short Ram will fit and I would bet Stillen's does too like you said...I have not had a second to look under the hood to even inspect the OEM dual intakes to see if they are like the old G35 intakes w/all that stupid noise cancelling chamber crap which the Z-Tube eliminated....I would probably be happy with that for sound and some nice dry fit drop in filters....but again, I don't enough yet about the oem set up to move ahead.

Exhaust...if the Stillen Sedan setup sounds as good as the Coupe that would probably work...Just a lot of $$$$....but I know other exhausts have come to market in b/t now and when I got my 05 Coupe so like you said research is king.

I have the Graphite Shadow (new Color) with the Coupe 19s and the Black Out Grille and will add Hoen Fog Lights to complete the looks I care about...oh, and 35% Tint ASAP too...Oh...lol...and I have the OEM Spoiler being sent to me right now...so for looks I will be good to go. Just want the Sways to finish off what the coupe 19s did for handling and the CAI and/or Exhuast to polish off the sound...Maybe do a Programmer down the road too...but the car is pretty darn fast as is... ;-)
I got my sways from a G35driver vendor who's a buddy of mine. Got the sways way cheaper.. no tax or shipping. If your were in SoCal I could of got you the same deal. Vendors here have the stillen and hotchkis sways. Look at the vendor section. Think the Hotchkis sways are like 359 shipped from a vendor here.

under the hood, sedan does have restrictors but not like the G-tube restrictors. Think coupe and sedans have the same restrictors under the intake box. On G35Driver couple of guys removed them but still had the same sound; no sound difference.

only thing preventing us sedan guys from having coupe sound is our mufflers. Swap out for Tannabe mufflers.. wa la coupe sound. Youtube has some videos.

my 2010 sedan I've added the oem lip, sways, just got some ground wires, tinted all my windows 20%, debadged the rear.

future plans.
Tannabe Pro coils, 19's lower offsets tires streched, diy black grille, camber kit, HFC, axle back mufflers. EST 3-6 months.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
bosssho

Sounds good.

Sounds like the Tanabe Muflers are more for sound vs. Power Increases right?

I will look more into the CAI part of things.

Looks like you have a nice path and timeframe too. :-)
Old 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
LightsOut

Sounds good.

Sounds like the Tanabe Muflers are more for sound vs. Power Increases right?

I will look more into the CAI part of things.

Looks like you have a nice path and timeframe too. :-)

tanabe is more for sound. Oem exhaust is already a free flowing exhaust, except for the cats.

Good luck on your cai research. If It was me getting an intake, I would get the R2C intake.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah I'd go for R2c as well. Having to remove your bumper whenever you want to change/clean your filters would be a pain, no matter how easy anyone says it is to do.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 AM
bosssho

HOLY SNIKES!!! About $600 beans shipped for the R2C CAI....any clips on you tube?

I ordered the Hotchkis sways from stillen who quickly let me know they won't ship, if I am lucky, until next week....

Looking at the CAI and Tanabe tips right now.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
LightsOut

Why you ordering from stillen? Vendors prices here are much less than them.

Sways are 360 shipped and R2C intakes are like 400 shipped

I'm against ordering from stillen, just to many bad reviews come from them and I don't support that.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
bosssho

Originally Posted by LightsOut
Why you ordering from stillen? Vendors prices here are much less than them.

Sways are 360 shipped and R2C intakes are like 400 shipped

I'm against ordering from stillen, just to many bad reviews come from them and I don't support that.
The Sways were like $385...and I was not quoting Stillen...but that makes sense...I can cancel the order I think.

Do you have a direct link to who you use? That's why I had asked yesterday who you would recommend!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

I had an R2c on my Maxima. Absolutely loved it.

I have a pair of driving videos with the R2c... granted, I had headers and full exhaust on the Maxima too, but you will get an idea:

YouTube - R2c

YouTube - R2c
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
LightsOut

Bosssho

Check the vendor classifieds on this forum. It will be under suspension.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:51 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Gunna start off with HFCs, and go from there. At most, a CBE, and maaaybe an intake system. And then a tune. But that's a ways off.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:32 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by efuseakay
I had an R2c on my Maxima. Absolutely loved it.

I have a pair of driving videos with the R2c... granted, I had headers and full exhaust on the Maxima too, but you will get an idea:

YouTube - R2c

YouTube - R2c

Sounds great. Which Exhaust are you using?

I had the Stillen CAI and Exhaust on my Coupe and while not too happy with some issues in the CAI department I loved the Exhaust.

I am torn b/t the Stillen Short Ram Dual CAI and the Stillen CBE vs the R2C Dual CAI and the Tanabe Muffler Swap.

Stillen claims power, and I imagine Tanabe makes an entire CBE for our cars too...but been so &*&$! busy I don't get to research as much as I would like.

If you guys have opinions on Stillen vs Tanabe and Stillen vs R2C that would be great...and where is the best place to get the R2C...I didn't notice any Forum Vendors selling it...unless I missed it...

Thanks all, much appreciated.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:58 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Sounds great. Which Exhaust are you using?

I had the Stillen CAI and Exhaust on my Coupe and while not too happy with some issues in the CAI department I loved the Exhaust.

I am torn b/t the Stillen Short Ram Dual CAI and the Stillen CBE vs the R2C Dual CAI and the Tanabe Muffler Swap.

Stillen claims power, and I imagine Tanabe makes an entire CBE for our cars too...but been so &*&$! busy I don't get to research as much as I would like.

If you guys have opinions on Stillen vs Tanabe and Stillen vs R2C that would be great...and where is the best place to get the R2C...I didn't notice any Forum Vendors selling it...unless I missed it...

Thanks all, much appreciated.
I had a Greddy SP2 exhaust on there... but when I installed the headers, it sounded AWFUL. Rasp. Bees. You name it. I ended up chopping off the mufflers and resonator and added a pair of Vibrant 1148 mufflers, and a big Magnaflow res. The result is what you saw in the vid.

Intakes for the G are a dilemma though. The stock intakes are actually quite good, from everything I've seen. But when the time comes, and I do decided to get a system, I'd go for the R2c. Install/maintenance is definitely an issue for me. I don't want to be removing the bumper just to clean the filters, you know? Regardless, intake systems for the G are pretty expensive, being dual.

You might want to check out this vendor... I know the group buy is well over with, but he may be able to get you a good price:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...group-buy.html
Old 04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
LightsOut

^^^^

this vendor is awesome.

Quick Reply: Mods for 2010 G37 S Sedan