G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
JohnsG37x

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Navi and Flash Card Reader and I hate it when I am trying to find a song, I have to scroll through the songs (thus changing whats playing) in order to find what I'm looking for. There's no concept of cursor up down to highlight and then click enter to select when you find what you're looking for.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
bosssho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
Ah with car still running... gotcha... I don't think there's a way to do it with existing settings. First day I got the car, I dug deep into the Comfort and Convenience settings and don't recall seeing anything. If I did, I'd have it set that way too. lol
Someone on here said they did it...either them or the dealer for them...but then I followed up and didn't hear boo back....
Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
dsniegocki

Originally Posted by JohnsG37x
I have the Navi and Flash Card Reader and I hate it when I am trying to find a song, I have to scroll through the songs (thus changing whats playing) in order to find what I'm looking for. There's no concept of cursor up down to highlight and then click enter to select when you find what you're looking for.
That is by FAR the most annoying feature of the USB... it was enough work to structure the folders properly so that they appeared in alphabetical order. If we could dig up a way to be able to scroll through the MP3s on the USB without it playing every song it highlighted, that would be stellar.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bosssho
Has anyone figured out a way to reprogram our cars so that once in Park, the Doors unlock automatically?? I see rumblings of this, but no solid evidence....
Visited the dealership over the weekend for my first maintenance. Despite my hopes, they said that it CANNOT be reprogrammed.
It is a factory setting which they cannot go around, or not allowed to. They suggested to go to a private shop and they might be able to do that.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
MOB

7AT shift lag when in DS mode with paddles or console shifter engaged. Shift at 6500 and it engages 500 or so later. Something more immediate would better suite my taste.

Also hate the trunk drips....
Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
7AT shift lag when in DS mode with paddles or console shifter engaged. Shift at 6500 and it engages 500 or so later. Something more immediate would better suite my taste.

Also hate the trunk drips....
try grounding wires for the lag...or should have just gotten the 6MT it shift right when I tell it to lol
Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The rev-matching feature in my tranny can be too aggressive and sometimes clunky below 40mph . At slow speeds or in stop and go traffic, the tranny is still trying to be aggressive causing braking or coasting to become bumpy and not smooth. Sometimes it downshifts too soon triggering a lot of unnecessary engine braking.

The glove box should atleast be bigger than a lunch box and the steering wheel up/down controls should match the console's up/down. On the wheel, up sends me to the next track. On the console, up reverses to the prior track.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by exit9
the steering wheel up/down controls should match the console's up/down. On the wheel, up sends me to the next track. On the console, up reverses to the prior track.
This is the second person I've heard say this...but I have checked 2 separate times and mine are the same. Up = previous track and down = next track on both steering wheel and center console weird that it's different for you (do you have an 08?)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
ttboy

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Ah with car still running... gotcha... I don't think there's a way to do it with existing settings. First day I got the car, I dug deep into the Comfort and Convenience settings and don't recall seeing anything. If I did, I'd have it set that way too. lol
I have my door locks set so that they don't lock at all once i'm in the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
exit9

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
This is the second person I've heard say this...but I have checked 2 separate times and mine are the same. Up = previous track and down = next track on both steering wheel and center console weird that it's different for you (do you have an 08?)
A 2010xS w/Pre & Nav. Not sure what the deal is but I think it's kinda strange the button operations are reversed. This happens with my ipod plugged in. I'm going to try it with a CD to see if it's the same behavior.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

A 2010xS w/Pre & Nav. Not sure what the deal is but I think it's kinda strange the button operations are reversed. This happens with my ipod plugged in. I'm going to try it with a CD to see if it's the same behavior.
yeah for the CD player, iPod, CF card, anything -- up is previous and down is next in my 09...I don't understand why they would make them not match
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by ttboy
I have my door locks set so that they don't lock at all once i'm in the car.
That sounds good. How do I do that?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 PM
zoner

console cupholders suck, can't even hold a small DD coffee. rears are so shallow
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the steering wheel up/down controls should match the console's up/down. On the wheel, up sends me to the next track. On the console, up reverses to the prior track.
That's a bug in the 2010 models. There's a recall for that; you should ask about it next time you go to the dealership.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...k-buttons.html

EDIT: I was referring to the up-down thing on the radio, not the rev-matching. I deleted some of your quote to make it clearer.

Last edited by SM_Shadowman; 05-21-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
exit9

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
yeah for the CD player, iPod, CF card, anything -- up is previous and down is next in my 09...I don't understand why they would make them not match
I confirmed that the same odd behavior happens while playing a CD so it's not something to do with communicating with my ipod. I may need the radio re-programmed, patched or some kind of circuit replaced if this is not normal behavior.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G