G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
1) how would you open it if you didn't press the button?
2) that is somewhat annoying, but my fob is in my pocket 99% of the time anyways
3)it is on an OB G
My father had a Volvo with an intelligent key system. From what I recall you just walked up to the car with the key in your pocket and pulled the handle to open the door. If you have the key, it opened, otherwise it didn't. So it therefore also works for locking the car -- just walk away and it won't open anymore.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^that would be nice...I would go for that option any day
Old 04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
My father had a Volvo with an intelligent key system. From what I recall you just walked up to the car with the key in your pocket and pulled the handle to open the door. If you have the key, it opened, otherwise it didn't. So it therefore also works for locking the car -- just walk away and it won't open anymore.
Lets say you stop for gas. What would happen if there were still people in the car, after you walk off and the doors automatically lock. If one of the passengers decides to get out of the car, after you have left, wouldn't the alarm go off?
I was in a Walmart parking lot changing the battery in my Jeep GJ. A lady pulled in to a spot directly in front of me and walked into the store, leaving her 2 passengers in the car.
A few minutes later the passengers stepped out and the alarm went off. I was in a bad mood already, because of the dead battery in my car. When their alarm went off it really made my day.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Punator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn rattling coming from seatbelt on passenger side, makes me wanna cut the crap!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Punator
Damn rattling coming from seatbelt on passenger side, makes me wanna cut the crap!!!!
haha I know what you mean...just move the seatbelt guide up a little bit. stupid thing to have to deal with, but at least its "fixable"
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
Lets say you stop for gas. What would happen if there were still people in the car, after you walk off and the doors automatically lock. If one of the passengers decides to get out of the car, after you have left, wouldn't the alarm go off?
I was in a Walmart parking lot changing the battery in my Jeep GJ. A lady pulled in to a spot directly in front of me and walked into the store, leaving her 2 passengers in the car.
A few minutes later the passengers stepped out and the alarm went off. I was in a bad mood already, because of the dead battery in my car. When their alarm went off it really made my day.
I don't think he had an alarm, so I'm not sure how it works with that. I would hope if the door was opened from the inside the alarm would not be set off. I would think you can still use the lock/unlock button on the door, in other words. I'm sure someone in the engineering/design department also imagined such a situation.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
SCWells72

Yeah, my wife's Lexus has a smart key system without a button. You just grab the door handle and pull when you have the key in your pocket, and to lock it you just tap a little indented area toward the front of the door handle. While it's cool, it doesn't bother me to push the button to unlock and lock. I do wish the button was body colored, but luckily my car is a darker color where it doesn't stand out as much.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 AM
jtla

[quote=hispeed-lowdrag;2894905]1) how would you open it if you didn't press the button?
2) that is somewhat annoying, but my fob is in my pocket 99% of the time anyways
3)it is on an OB G

1) In my wife's Lexus, the door unlocks itself automatically at the instant when your hand touch the door handle. For the G37, often times I would pull the handle and then realized I was not driving the Lexus.

2) This is annoying when dropping off or picking up kids who need to open the trunk or when at home and need to go to garage to get someting from trunk.

3) That's true. LOL.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM
jgar76

Thumbs up preset sat radio

Originally Posted by Pip
How about some more sat radio presets? I could use a LOT more than just 6.
you actually do have more than 6. you have 18 in all because you have 6 for A, B , and C.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 AM
jgar76

just hit the source button on steering wheel to change from A, B ,C , and then just scroll through your preset stations.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Jamler

Originally Posted by jgar76
you actually do have more than 6. you have 18 in all because you have 6 for A, B , and C.
Yep... I've got both A and B banks full of SAT Radio stuff and saved C Bank for the few FM stations I like and am AM (Yep... to hear Jon Sterling call NYY games)
Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
bosssho

Has anyone figured out a way to reprogram our cars so that once in Park, the Doors unlock automatically?? I see rumblings of this, but no solid evidence....
Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
No good place to put coins. lol

Boss... I have mine set to unlock when I turn the car off... something like that?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by efuseakay
No good place to put coins. lol

Boss... I have mine set to unlock when I turn the car off... something like that?

Yeah, I think they all unlock when you hit the on/off switch, but not when you put it park...like I do ALL the time to drop off or pick up my son at Day Care, or to run back into the house...or to run into the store...whatever...it's the only vehicle I know that does this...All others lock at 5 +/-mph or higher and then unlock when in Park....
Old 04-22-2010, 12:27 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Ah with car still running... gotcha... I don't think there's a way to do it with existing settings. First day I got the car, I dug deep into the Comfort and Convenience settings and don't recall seeing anything. If I did, I'd have it set that way too. lol

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G