G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
ged1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks...I just adjusted my headlight sensitivity...that was a really helpful tip!!

GED
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
xigris

You ppl drive the car when it rains..huhhhhhhhh.....WOW....
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xigris
You ppl drive the car when it rains..huhhhhhhhh.....WOW....
Well sure. In fact I *only* drive the G when it's raining. For sunny days I usually take the Ford GT. And my AWD nissan GT-R usually handles snowy days better. But when I need a beater to drive around in the rain, that's when I usually dust off the G37.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 PM
cdso

I don't know if this is specific to the G37 since this is the first car I've had with ipod integration, but I hate how the songs play at different volumes. I bought an ipod specifically to use in the G, and it sucks! I'm always playing with the volume **** to get each song to play at the same volume.

Is this a G thing or is this how it is with every car??
Old 04-15-2010, 11:24 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's just how the iPod is sometimes. The digital music is not all at the same level to begin with. You might find a "Sound Check" setting in your iPod settings which is supposed to normalize the volume of every song.

But I'm not sure if that iPod setting will still work when it's connect to the car via the adapter. Maybe -- give it a try. Only other option might be to temporarily remove the songs from the ipod, enable the same sound check setting in iTunes, and then transfer the songs back to the ipod again.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdso
I don't know if this is specific to the G37 since this is the first car I've had with ipod integration, but I hate how the songs play at different volumes. I bought an ipod specifically to use in the G, and it sucks! I'm always playing with the volume **** to get each song to play at the same volume.

Is this a G thing or is this how it is with every car??
that's an iTunes thing...there is an option in iTunes where you can make all the songs the same volume level, it will take a while depending on your library size but it will go through every single song and set the volume so that doesnt happen any more
Old 04-16-2010, 08:40 PM
fkat
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Well sure. In fact I *only* drive the G when it's raining. For sunny days I usually take the Ford GT. And my AWD nissan GT-R usually handles snowy days better. But when I need a beater to drive around in the rain, that's when I usually dust off the G37.
Ha ha, never used my wipers except hitting by accident twice.

+1 on UNLOCK not illuminated. Most annoying thing for me is to hit the OK button on NAV but I don't want to mod w/ KP since it only works when it's in map mode.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
DEC1

Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy
I wish there was more storage space, rear seats folded down, better materials inside, and the pickup was faster Also the Bose sound system is disappointing, but I guess these last 2 are not little things.
dunno what you're listening to...IMHO this sound system is one of the best I've heard and the ipod integration is one of the best too...

and the pickup? do you mean acceleration? if you think this car is slow not sure what would satisfy you...it's plenty quick for me.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:41 PM
telmore

you can adjust the light sensitivity.... check the manual
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 PM
jtla

About the intelligent key entry system, I wish

(1) It doesn't make you press the little black button in order to open the door, only when locking.
(2) When the car is unlocked, you don't have to have the key in your pocket to open the trunk.
(3) The afore-mentioned little black botton is painted body color.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want daytime running LEDs like every other premium car make out there.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Creepers
i want daytime running LEDs like every other premium car make out there.
I also don't understand why the G doesn't come with DRL.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
About the intelligent key entry system, I wish

(1) It doesn't make you press the little black button in order to open the door, only when locking.
(2) When the car is unlocked, you don't have to have the key in your pocket to open the trunk.
(3) The afore-mentioned little black botton is painted body color.
1) how would you open it if you didn't press the button?
2) that is somewhat annoying, but my fob is in my pocket 99% of the time anyways
3)it is on an OB G

Originally Posted by movinon
I also don't understand why the G doesn't come with DRL.
this actually does confuse me a little bit since it seems that almost every car does...but if you want/need them just turn on the parking lights and voila! DRL's
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
328HP

I am not sure if this is a little thing, the one thing that really gets to my nerves are these expert reviews of the G37. Its not refined, the engine is harsh, its noisy, lots and lots of road noise in the cabin, its for the power hungry etc.

I have driven some of the cars in such reviews and from my prior experience with a Lex IS250, arguably one of the quitest and refined sedans out there, I do not see this. Makes me wonder if I am just a fanboy at the end of the day. I can take one or two such reviews but such a consensus starts to get to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
bosssho

I personally hate DRLs. They were a big Liberal push two decades ago and in Canada the Gs have em, but they simply not necessary. Like the 3rd brake light we become accustom to it and don't even notice it. DRLs in some cars are lower output of Highbeams and can be somewhat blinding in the day...more of a PITA than anything. As someone said just turn on your marker lights. Also, the LEDs in the Audi's and Angel Eyes in the Bimmers are not for safety, but for looks...and yes, they look awesome, but they also COST A LOT! Anyone can add LED Running lights if they want. Signals in the mirrors would have been where I put the extra lights...b/c they DO help with signal recognition big time...that is if someone actually uses their signals.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G