G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
bosssho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DEC1
+1^ on the Google idea...because the embedded search function is worthless.

I've tried "search" many times because I don't want to get verbally hassled by the usual suspects. I think some enjoy lurking in wait to say "search is your friend" or some other ridiculous commentary. I have seldom found what I'm looking for with the internal search and wasted more time with it than it's worth.

It's a forum... and by definition that means conversation is happening... and yes some will be repeated...Get over it. Or maybe the site should be frozen as-is because everything has already been discussed?

If you're not supplying an answer, helpful commentary or a link to other answers then save your keystrokes and keep your snide comments about using the search feature to yourself.
Amen...Searches are useless on ANY forum where only 4 or more letters are required...in a world of Acronyms such as AWD, VDC, TCS, ECU, TCU, AT, never mind the 9 million abbreviations...it's comical that the searches don't recognize reality...thus it's far easier to just post and ask.

The best part...until Obama says we can't "not" answer new posts, you can just "Choose" to not answer one rather than be a donkey and say "That's what the search engine is for..."
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
alex

Originally Posted by bosssho
Alex,

Did you haver this programmed?

Well, I've gone through those setting options quite a lot lately. I'm very positive some of the options contributed to my current auto-unlock setup. After all, Infiniti didn't make this car just for me.

You know what, I'm gonna play around with these options in the next few days and see what diff it would make as for auto-unlock-when-shift-to-P.

Will report back!
Alex
btw, I have a 2010 G37. haven't figured out how to create a signature for my account in this forum.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by alex
Well, I've gone through those setting options quite a lot lately. I'm very positive some of the options contributed to my current auto-unlock setup. After all, Infiniti didn't make this car just for me.

You know what, I'm gonna play around with these options in the next few days and see what diff it would make as for auto-unlock-when-shift-to-P.

Will report back!
Alex
btw, I have a 2010 G37. haven't figured out how to create a signature for my account in this forum.

I believe if you click on your screen name the settings come up...it takes some playing, but nothing major.

As for the "settings" that are programmable...I even armed myself with the manual and did not find a ***** thing in regards to auto unlock when in P. I know there were exit conveniences and things like that, but nothing that I saw for this. On my Sierra Denali it works the way I love it...at 5 mph the doors all lock, and then when in Park, whether running or not, they unlock.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Keng

that's why it should be programmable either way.

Not sure what you see as safety, since you need to hit the unlock button which unlocks all the doords anyway, but in any case...it should be a per user based decision.
I don't necessary want my door to unlock when I shift to P, if it's programmable it would be nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen...Searches are useless on ANY forum where only 4 or more letters are required...in a world of Acronyms such as AWD, VDC, TCS, ECU, TCU, AT, never mind the 9 million abbreviations...it's comical that the searches don't recognize reality...thus it's far easier to just post and ask.

The best part...until Obama says we can't "not" answer new posts, you can just "Choose" to not answer one rather than be a donkey and say "That's what the search engine is for..."
What's really irritating is when you search on a question you have and find a relevant thread; you click on it and get more excited because the OP has almost the exact same question you did. So you scroll down and find the answer:

Search is your friend. Thread Closed.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
bosssho

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
What's really irritating is when you search on a question you have and find a relevant thread; you click on it and get more excited because the OP has almost the exact same question you did. So you scroll down and find the answer:

Search is your friend. Thread Closed.
Yeah, when that happens it's , but that can't happen when your search is not possible due to contraints on the search ability.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
ttboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Other then the paint, I have to say its the Climate Control System. This is by far the worst Climate Control I've ever had in a car. In all my previous vehicles I set the temperature to 75 degrees and never touched it again. With the G I'm constantly fiddling with the damn thing...in the mornings when its 60 degrees outside I have to set the Climate Control at 66 degrees...in the afternoon when its 83 degrees outside I have to keep it at 79 degrees. If I keep it fixed at my desired 75 degrees it gets the cabin too hot in the morning and too cold in the afternoon. The Climate Control System in the G is strickly for show...it serves no real purpose since it can't do its job.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ttboy
Other then the paint, I have to say its the Climate Control System. This is by far the worst Climate Control I've ever had in a car. In all my previous vehicles I set the temperature to 75 degrees and never touched it again. With the G I'm constantly fiddling with the damn thing...in the mornings when its 60 degrees outside I have to set the Climate Control at 66 degrees...in the afternoon when its 83 degrees outside I have to keep it at 79 degrees. If I keep it fixed at my desired 75 degrees it gets the cabin too hot in the morning and too cold in the afternoon. The Climate Control System in the G is strickly for show...it serves no real purpose since it can't do its job.
It's just really sensitive to the temperature outside the car (if you're set on auto)

Does it still give you problems when it's not set on auto?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
ttboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
It's just really sensitive to the temperature outside the car (if you're set on auto)

Does it still give you problems when it's not set on auto?
I'm always in auto mode. I assumed that auto meant that it's suppossed to automatically adjust to keep cabin temperature at the set level. Obviously Infiniti has a different definition of Auto.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

haha yeah it's a bit finicky...I don't know why they made it adjust based on the outside temperature, but it's just something I've gotten used to I guess
Old 04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
ExtraCrispy
Registered Member

I wish there was more storage space, rear seats folded down, better materials inside, and the pickup was faster Also the Bose sound system is disappointing, but I guess these last 2 are not little things.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy
I wish there was more storage space, rear seats folded down, better materials inside, and the pickup was faster Also the Bose sound system is disappointing, but I guess these last 2 are not little things.
the sedan seats don't fold down the coupes do...that makes no sense Infiniti!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 PM
ExtraCrispy
Registered Member

Another thing - while backing up when the sonar beeps, it doesn't mute/reduce the volume, so when playing music its impossible to hear.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ttboy
I have to agree with this. In Dallas this time of year it's cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons. When it's in the upper 60's I have to lower the A/C setting to around 70-72, but when it's 85 out, I have to set it to 76-78 to keep from freezing.

In my Honda Pilot (previous vehicle) I set it to one temp and maybe had to adjust it periodically.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
aikokuen

Dont no if this helps but in my 2010g nav i go to settings then comfort to switch the auto headlight sensitivity

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G