G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I don't know about the sedan, but there is an indented grab handle on the coupe, on the lid's right, inside the trunk.
Yep, it's there on the sedan as well. Take a bit of gusto to close it with that, though.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I don't know about the sedan, but there is an indented grab handle on the coupe, on the lid's right, inside the trunk.
Ah... I'll take another look. lol

I think 15951 is right though... it'll take a bit of oomph. Sure does on the M35.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:41 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There is no light under the hood. I don't recall ever having a car without one or am I missing something?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by movinon
There is no light under the hood. I don't recall ever having a car without one or am I missing something?
You're right there is no light under the hood, but I'm opposite of you...I can't remember ever having a car WITH one lol
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by movinon
My previous three cars didn't have it either. I think that most new cars don't have one.

My theory: Newer cars don't break as much, therefore you don't really need to look under the hood too often. Newer cars are more sophisticated, so most repairs cannot be done on your own in your driveway as can be done with older cars. If something does break, chances are, you can't fix it yourself, so again, no need for the light.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 15951
I've been driving for nearly 20 years, and can't imagine how the hell anyone could walk away from a running car without knowing it. That's impressive.
I did it once. About '81/'82 I had a job with the city. I was REALLY late coming back from lunch. You had to be on time or you could lose your shift on one of the trucks. Raced from the parking lot to the hall and awaited my assignment. A few minutes later some guys walks in and asks "who is the idiot that left their car running" (not nearly that politely)?
When he gave a description, I knew it was me.
I had to borrow a coat hanger and break into my car to turn it off. I was ragged mercilessly for months after.

So, it can happen if you are in a rush.

Shane D
Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
snaik69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhh, the "where to rest your left arm" peeve....totally forgot about that one....very, very annoying! LOL
Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi Alt G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear seats don't fold down.
Center armrest too short.
Cant see the readouts with polarized sunglasses on.

Other than that I like it.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:41 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I've spent a fair amount of time in both the first generation and second... and few things I HATE about the 2nd gen sedans that I loved about the 1st gens...

This my most hated thing..
2nd gen sedans don't have the vertical door pulls like the first gens and the coupes have, they give you a stupid ****ing pocket looking thing so you can use it to shut the door.

If I ever owned this car, I'd rip those door panels apart and retrofit the coupe door pulls into it.

Another thing I hate that I loved on the 1st gens is the reclined rear seats, the rear seats of the 1st gen sedan were the most comfortable seats in the back for the car in its class... you sit low, and laid back, while in the 2nd gen sedan I feel like I'm sitting on a park bench, really annnoying.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
JJSoCrazy

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Now before I get attacked, just let me say that I love the car. It's quick and it handles (too bad "the ultimate driving machine" slogan is already taken). It's comfortable (if you're not huge), AND IT'S SEXY AS HELL.

But, a few little things do **** me off in addition to the issues I already posted in this forum:

Why is the ipod input located in the arm rest? I don't know where I would choose to put it if I were building a car. But not there

How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

After a rainy night, I go to my car to open the trunk, and every time, somehow, a big portion of the water which was sitting on top manages to drip inside the trunk.
Very disappointing that a car like this would not have the proper insulation around the trunk area to make the water go around like it should and does in any of the cars I have owned in the past.

Of course these are minor issues. Annoying? Yes. But not a deal breaker by any means.
I asked the dealer about the doors when in Park to unlock, they said they can reprogram that! I HAVE to do that!

Joe
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
alex

My G unlocks all four doors when I shift her into P. So I think it is programmable. Try out those settings, and be sure to read the manual. Some of the settings are not what we think they are.

Have only 1200 miles on this baby, only thing I don't like is the location of the park brake--it scratches my dress shoes, especially in the first month of ownership. Well, I'm used to it right now, just slide my left foot out when I get out of my car. However, I don't want the park brake to be at cup holder area either. Guess Infiniti didn't have many options at the first place anyway. Is it doable to design the park brake to be somewhere else?

Other than that, I love this car.
alex
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Ryan D.

i'm really surprised some of you bought this car.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor@180Custom
I've spent a fair amount of time in both the first generation and second... and few things I HATE about the 2nd gen sedans that I loved about the 1st gens...

This my most hated thing..
2nd gen sedans don't have the vertical door pulls like the first gens and the coupes have, they give you a stupid ****ing pocket looking thing so you can use it to shut the door.

If I ever owned this car, I'd rip those door panels apart and retrofit the coupe door pulls into it.
what vertical door pull are you talking about Igor? My coupe doesnt have any kind of vertical door pull...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:34 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by alex
My G unlocks all four doors when I shift her into P. So I think it is programmable. Try out those settings, and be sure to read the manual. Some of the settings are not what we think they are.

alex
Alex,

Did you haver this programmed?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by Keng
I wouldn't want my car to unlock when I shift to P. Safety feature in my opinion.

that's why it should be programmable either way.

Not sure what you see as safety, since you need to hit the unlock button which unlocks all the doords anyway, but in any case...it should be a per user based decision.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G