Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
Do you not have the sunglasses holder top center? Forward of the two overhead lights?
You lose that with the 'vert.

Shane D
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
ged1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming from a Passat station wagon, I miss the room: miniscule trunk w/o folding rear seat, small storage bins in doors, small glove box. I expected less room, but this is carrying it to the extreme!

Having said that...I love the car!

GED
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
billy718

rattlesss shakesss sounds like screws are loose all throughout the dash lol
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Keng

Originally Posted by bosssho
Why is the ipod input located in the arm rest? I don't know where I would choose to put it if I were building a car. But not there

How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

Those are the two that kill me...but the Doors not unlocking when the %^&*( car is in Park is the killer for me...Getting my son or dropping him off at Day care all the time...very annoying. Never heard of this...hopefully there will be a hack or workaround for this. Makes no sense.
I wouldn't want my car to unlock when I shift to P. Safety feature in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
jtla

Infiniti could have at least made it (and some other annoyance mentioned in this thread, such as delay for auto light sensor) programable. Lexus did a better job in this area.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keng
I wouldn't want my car to unlock when I shift to P. Safety feature in my opinion.

also, there have been many times when i have attempted to exit the car, only to find that the doors are still locked, and i had forgotten to shut off the engine.

i can imagine coming back to a dead car after leaving it on all night...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also, there have been many times when i have attempted to exit the car, only to find that the doors are still locked, and i had forgotten to shut off the engine.

You really shouldn't drink and drive lol
Old 03-27-2010, 12:03 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Ashtray!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:29 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
Infiniti could have at least made it (and some other annoyance mentioned in this thread, such as delay for auto light sensor) programable. Lexus did a better job in this area.
There are SO many preferences that car electronics can control, but don't. Granted, my 09 G37 is better than anything I've had before, but little things like when to unlock the doors (mentioned above) or whether or not to keep the auto-dimming rear-view mirror off or on would be a great help. If Infiniti could come up with more user-selectable settings, it seems the buyers would eat it up. I would love to see more on/off choices for the electronics.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:36 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Creepers

i can imagine coming back to a dead car after leaving it on all night...
I'm just trying to understand this one. Are you saying you can exit your G and forget whether or not you've turned it off? Do you sit in it when idling on the phone, or maybe with a headset on?

I'm very aware when the engine is running and try to minimize idle time. I say that now - when it's March and below 70 in Texas... when it's 105 outside in July I bet I will idle her a bit more...
Old 03-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been driving for nearly 20 years, and can't imagine how the hell anyone could walk away from a running car without knowing it. That's impressive.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:33 PM
woj027
Registered Member

Here are some of my peeves on the 2010 g37x (some may be repeats)

1. Headroom... i'm all of 6'1" and I bump my head constantly, the seat is as low as it goes, and reclined about as much as I can handle.
2. Not being able to go backward on the "source" especially since they give you 3 XM channels with 6 presets, you have to cycle through everything to get back to XM1 if you were listening to XM2 a minute ago.
3. Seat heaters should be moved somewhere else, lower left right of main consul would be nice.
4. the center LCD display between Tach and Speed, is completely useless. it should have more info (Time, Radio Station, etc) its easier to look down and see it there rather than to your right when you are driving.
5. I'm not sure if it's Apple or Infiniti, but my Iphone Phonebook turns into Hexadecimal addresses about once a week, then I have to re-connect it with the blue tooth to fix.
6. The Vehicle phonebook should be bigger (more than 10 numbers) and you should be able to save it to the car, every time I have to reconnect my Iphone via bluetooth (#5) the phone book empties.
7. Can I turn off the engine yet keep the radio on ? I haven't been able to figure it out.
8. The door looks should open when car is put in park.
9. The floor mat hooks (driver and passenger seats) are so cheap, it's not like floor mats sliding is a new thing, my 97 Honda had a recall fix for that back in 97, my wife's Toureg actually has twist locks to keep the floormat down, my 2010 infiniti uses cheap hooks that look like they will break if I move my foot.
10. The autolights switch in tunnels and under bridges too quick.
11. Fuel Economy. I do mostly City Driving not a lot of stop and go, but slow driving through town 25-45mph most of the way... 15mpg right now....

Ok but I still love the car.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by woj027

7. Can I turn off the engine yet keep the radio on ? I haven't been able to figure it out.
I can help you on that one. Just hit the ignition button quickly twice. The engine will stop but you’ll then be in accessory mode and the radio will still be on.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:07 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
There's no grab handle inside the trunk lid to help you close it like in the M35.

I can see getting fingerprints all over that chrome lip.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
There's no grab handle inside the trunk lid to help you close it like in the M35.

I can see getting fingerprints all over that chrome lip.
I don't know about the sedan, but there is an indented grab handle on the coupe, on the lid's right, inside the trunk.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G