G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RE: searching the forums.

I have found as a general rule most web forum search functions leave something to be desired. It gets tricky when you want to search on more than one term or a phrase, the results are often incomplete, and with a large forum the search will be slow. Anymore what I normally do is use google to search forums. I just go to Google.com and enter a search term like this:

Brake Fluid site:myg37.com

The above search will only return results from the myg37.com site. And Google will almost always do a much better job with searching than most forum software.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Arm rest. The design isn't what it should be, there could be more room, but, even the room available isn't useable. Like the area inside the top of the armrest. I'm used to cars with a lot of storage in the armrest. But, when that is the "major complaint" I'm really saying the car rates really well with me. Oh, and the wife sorta bugs me when I floor it. Never had that problem with the Volvo. :-)
PS Not that I'm old or anything... but, I've driven LOTS of cars, some really nice ones. This G is the one I like the best of all of them. (The GTX Hemi car back in '67 was nice too, but, had some drawbacks even when gas was 29.9 cents for 100 proof. So I'd give the Hemi a close second place.)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's my list after 800 miles with my 2010:

1. I can tell that this car will develop rattles. It's tightly sprung and already sort of creaks from time to time.

2. The cup holder cover is meant to be pushed to open it, but the design begs new users to pull and eventually break the thing. Every time someone gets in my car, I have to tell them to push that before they decide to pull it open and try to break it.

3. The dash material looks a bit low rent, and the hard plastic around the switches on the door is disappointing in a $40k car. Fitment is great, but materials could be better.

4. The USB port in the arm rest requires a sixth sense to actually use while driving. It reminds me of when computers only had USB drives on the rear of the machine where it's practically worthless.

5. The rear headrests need to be adjustable for those of us with children in car seats/boosters.

6. The 18" sport package wheels don't fill out the wheel wells as well as I had hoped.

7. The location of the seat heater switches is prime real estate right by the shifter, and should be moved to a location less conspicuous (e.g. between the shifter and the dash). More storage could be placed where those switches are now. Same goes for the "snow" switch for you AWD guys.

Other than those relatively minor design grips, the car has been great. It's fun to drive and looks great.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
snaik69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
There’s no need to get nasty. I was just trying to avoid repeating much of the material that has been covered before, and that adding to an established thread may be more beneficial than starting a new one on the same subject.
LOL...sorry Chekov, didnt mean to come across that way or take my frustration out on you...i guess i just get tired of being immersed in a thread only to be derailed by a "use the search" type of comment. While probably the majority of redundancies are a result of NOT usiing the search feature i too find the search feature to be kind of useless. Case in point, try searching for anything to do with Ark performance exhaust. It wont allow 3 letter words so as a result you have to get real general resulting in too much irrelevant info. I like the google idea...will try it!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Actually, one little thing that has bothered me since they changed over to the new body style is that the rear seats don't recline anymore. I missed that from the older gen G35.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
csnpsu

[quote=BLKG37X;2879054]

How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

quote]

This drives me crazzzzyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
328HP

I guess cos I am not new to Infiniti I dont have a problem at all. Just happy to be driving it like its stolen But you guys have some good points
Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an 09 but here it comes: Interior crack noises from the washi trim and the controller are my biggest annoyance. Although I fixed most of the noises from the washi trim. But the controller is another story. Every time I start the car i jiggle it a few time to from side to side and up and down to settle it down for the ride. And also when you push some of the switches around the controller and the HVAc sometime they make a crack sound.

My previous 08xS was the same.

Last edited by gugarci; 03-25-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Added Content
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 PM
DEC1

search comments

Originally Posted by snaik69
LOL...sorry Chekov, didnt mean to come across that way or take my frustration out on you...i guess i just get tired of being immersed in a thread only to be derailed by a "use the search" type of comment. While probably the majority of redundancies are a result of NOT usiing the search feature i too find the search feature to be kind of useless. Case in point, try searching for anything to do with Ark performance exhaust. It wont allow 3 letter words so as a result you have to get real general resulting in too much irrelevant info. I like the google idea...will try it!
+1^ on the Google idea...because the embedded search function is worthless.

I've tried "search" many times because I don't want to get verbally hassled by the usual suspects. I think some enjoy lurking in wait to say "search is your friend" or some other ridiculous commentary. I have seldom found what I'm looking for with the internal search and wasted more time with it than it's worth.

It's a forum... and by definition that means conversation is happening... and yes some will be repeated...Get over it. Or maybe the site should be frozen as-is because everything has already been discussed?

If you're not supplying an answer, helpful commentary or a link to other answers then save your keystrokes and keep your snide comments about using the search feature to yourself.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Really love the new car but a few things have cropped after 90 days of ownership:
1) Nowhere to put left elbow? Door armrest is too short (and I have the seat as low as it will go). Top of door has REALLY hard plastic which is hard on the elbow.
2) To be repetitive, the Ipod Classic really fills the console. Can't even put sunglasses in. Miss overhead bin for sunglasses.
3) Cup holder should be two separate holders like on most cars (including last Infiniti). If you take a hard corner your drink/mug falls right over. Have already had a couple of spills. And hard corners are one of the reasons I bought this car.

Nothing major but just little things that occasionally annoy.

Shane D
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane D
2) To be repetitive, the Ipod Classic really fills the console. Can't even put sunglasses in. Miss overhead bin for sunglasses.
Shane D
Do you not have the sunglasses holder top center? Forward of the two overhead lights?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 AM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree the the post above re: L arm/elbow...

my fingers always go numb from resting my elbow on the left door -- i've never had this problem in any other before.. just a design flaw of the G...

this would be the ONLY mod I would ever want to purchase -- one that reshaped or softened that L door inner lining/sill such that it was padded or softer or more rounded... is this possible?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
328HP

Originally Posted by DEC1
+1^ on the Google idea...because the embedded search function is worthless.

I've tried "search" many times because I don't want to get verbally hassled by the usual suspects. I think some enjoy lurking in wait to say "search is your friend" or some other ridiculous commentary. I have seldom found what I'm looking for with the internal search and wasted more time with it than it's worth.

It's a forum... and by definition that means conversation is happening... and yes some will be repeated...Get over it. Or maybe the site should be frozen as-is because everything has already been discussed?

If you're not supplying an answer, helpful commentary or a link to other answers then save your keystrokes and keep your snide comments about using the search feature to yourself.
I agree with you, however coming from the G35driver site I think this one is more civilized. Overall the G35driver site is also civilized just that this one takes it a notch higher. At least the only thing thats a bit frustrating here is the "search is your friend" comment. Other than that people here are very helpful and my favorite is the repost comment, its just funny and I have been a victim before and will surely use the google feature more often. But you do raise a good point.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
PascalT

Originally Posted by 15951
7. The location of the seat heater switches is prime real estate right by the shifter, and should be moved to a location less conspicuous (e.g. between the shifter and the dash). More storage could be placed where those switches are now. Same goes for the "snow" switch for you AWD guys.

That's a great point. Why wouldn't they put those controls in the dashboard? Most people will use them only 15-20% of the year.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PascalT
That's a great point. Why wouldn't they put those controls in the dashboard? Most people will use them only 15-20% of the year.
I actually like where the controls are at. I'd dislike if my passenges wanted to adjust their seat warmer and had to touch all my councel buttons just to try and ajust their setting.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G