G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I see that for the most part this thread populated by newer members. You should know this topic has been covered many times before, with a typical and comprehensive example below.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ght=complaints

I’m not sure we need to go over this again.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamler
Have you tried to set the sensitivity of the headlight auto on???
I know I saw this setting, but have not backed it way off... did notice
that lights came on under an overpass yesterday
I already tried that by turning the sensitivity to the minimum; it doesn't make a difference since it only controls the sensitivity to light and not the reaction time to low light.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
snaik69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I see that for the most part this thread populated by newer members. You should know this topic has been covered many times before, with a typical and comprehensive example below.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ght=complaints

I’m not sure we need to go over this again.
who cares? obviously ppl are interested in discussing....if it bores you, dont read it

Being a smoker (booooo), i hate how if its raining and you have the window open slightly, water comes gushing in (i dont mean the actual rain drops)...most cars ive had had a channel of sorts to take the water away...but im assuming our cars dont have this ability cause it would interfrere with aerodynamics?...
Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not sure about aerodynamics, but the water does pour in whever I open the window. I try not to do open the window in the rain or hold the door open too long, cause Im always affraid for the speakers that are located on the upper part of the door.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by snaik69
who cares? obviously ppl are interested in discussing....if it bores you, dont read it
There’s no need to get nasty. I was just trying to avoid repeating much of the material that has been covered before, and that adding to an established thread may be more beneficial than starting a new one on the same subject.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
BLKG37X

Why can't we all just get along

I actually did search for this topic prior to starting this thread, but I didn't find anything mentioning the specific grievances I have.

Chekov, the link you've provided have postings from 2008. I found it before, but I started a new one since a lot of these issues no longer exist in the G because they made changes to the car almost every year. I started a fresh one for 2010.
New year... New set of problems

But if you think that this topic has been covered, please feel free to start a new one.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There’s no need to get nasty. I was just trying to avoid repeating much of the material that has been covered before, and that adding to an established thread may be more beneficial than starting a new one on the same subject.
That didn't really sound nasty to me. We're enjoying discussing this. Please stop being a party pooper.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
There is a safety mechanism that prevents you from locking your FOB in the trunk. If you forget to take you keys out of your jacket, and throw it in the trunk, the trunk opens immediately and the thing starts beeping.

Some things about this car are very clever, and some not so much
I guess it's possible the trunk receiver detected the key on the back seat but it shouldn't open the trunk if that's the case. The doors were still open and that feature is supposed to operate only if you close an open trunk with the key inside.

The other thing that annoys me is how slow the glovebox opens. The salesman pointed out that all interior compartment doors open at the same speed but I find myself pulling the glovebox down every time I open it.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Why can't we all just get along

I actually did search for this topic prior to starting this thread, but I didn't find anything mentioning the specific grievances I have.

Chekov, the link you've provided have postings from 2008. I found it before, but I started a new one since a lot of these issues no longer exist in the G because they made changes to the car almost every year. I started a fresh one for 2010.
New year... New set of problems

But if you think that this topic has been covered, please feel free to start a new one.
Your point is well taken. The other thread covers only the ‘08’s and ‘09’s. Perhaps adding "about my 2010” or something like that in the new thread’s title would have narrowed it down.

Now this may be OT but I have observed a continuing tendency among new members not to use the search function, which results in unnecessary thread redundancies. I'm glad that's not the case with your starting this thread.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
BLKG37X

Yes. When I joined I read the posting do's and dont's but I imagine that not everyone does.

You know what they say... Real Men Don't Read Instructions
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
cdso

Your point is well taken. The other thread covers only the ‘08’s and ‘09’s. Perhaps adding "about my 2010” or something like that in the new thread’s title would have narrowed it down.

Now this may be OT but I have observed a continuing tendency among new members not to use the search function, which results in unnecessary thread redundancies. I'm glad that's not the case with your starting this thread.
I think he brings up a good point about people not using the search function. However, sometimes it is tough to find topics because of how they're worded. For example, last night I was trying to find threads about a wet carpeting in the G and a possible water leak. Depending on which keywords I search for brings up a whole different set of topics.

Back on topic...+1 on the lack of fold down seats in the G sedan. The trunk isn't that big to begin with and lacking fold down seats makes it seem even smaller. One other thing that annoys me is the valve noise at start-up.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
pkhoopes

Here's one of my pet peeves with my '09 Journey. The three bottons for the UGDO located along the bottom edge of the rearview mirror should have LIGHTED numerals 1-3.
It is impossible to see these buttons when it is dark out. When I arrive home from work at night, I know to 'push to the left of the green light' to open the proper garage door.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
jtla

Originally Posted by bosssho
How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

Those are the two that kill me...but the Doors not unlocking when the %^&*( car is in Park is the killer for me...Getting my son or dropping him off at Day care all the time...very annoying. Never heard of this...hopefully there will be a hack or workaround for this. Makes no sense.
To make matter worse, I just noticed the other day that the door lock/unlock switch on the driver's door illuminates the LOCK portion only but not the UNLOCK portion. Provided that this is normal and not my car's problem (is it?), then I think it would be much more useful to have the UNLOCK portion illuminate at night rather than the LOCK portion.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
To make matter worse, I just noticed the other day that the door lock/unlock switch on the driver's door illuminates the LOCK portion only but not the UNLOCK portion. Provided that this is normal and not my car's problem (is it?), then I think it would be much more useful to have the UNLOCK portion illuminate at night rather than the LOCK portion.
It would have been nice if they just illuminated BOTH. My 09 is the same way.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I never had any issues with water getting in my trunk. When I open it, if it's been raining or snowing, the water hits the rear window and runs down into the channel around the trunk opening and onto the the ground. Everything in my trunk always stays dry.
That's my experience as well. Once I had snow on the trunk, I opened it once and got a pile of snow between the trunk lid and rear window, when I opened the trunk again (10 seconds later) some snow fell in - but that is expected.

The lack of folding rear seats is an issue for me. I assumed it had them, and I went from a Honda Pilot SUV to a G37. My wife drives an 08 Volvo and doesn't like the fact that HER car is now the "hauler" after a trip to Home Depot!

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G