G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:17 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dainjarouz
not sure if this has been mentioned yet but:

I hate how the seek button on the steering wheel plays the next song when you push DOWN and plays the last song when you push UP...but its counterpart button for the cruise control speeds UP when you push UP and DOWN and you push DOWN (the way they should both work!!)
Yea, I always felt that to be pretty weird. However, after 2K miles I got used to it.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:46 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1 thing that annoy me about my 2010 G is that it won't continue to record a song (from CD) after the car is re-started.

I have music that is about 40 minutes long (non-stop) on a CD. I wanted to record it to the Music Box. I set my G to automatic record. After I put in the CD, my G automatically start recording it on to the Music Box. No problem. Works as expected. Then after I arrived at my destination about 20 minutes later, I shut off and left the car. After I'm done at my destination and start the car to go home, the CD continues to play where it left off...BUT it is not recording where it left off!! The music in the Music Box is truncated and is only 20 minutes long. It doesn't make sense to me.

It looks like in order for me to record the complete CD (1 song) on to the Music Box, I need to keep the car on until the entire CD is played.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:48 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
It looks like in order for me to record the complete CD (1 song) on to the Music Box, I need to keep the car on until the entire CD is played.
It shouldn't take that long. It records faster than the media length. I record entire CD's in roughly 12-15 minutes depending on the exact total time.

So for 40 minutes of media (roughly 10-12 songs on a normal CD) that should not take any more than 20 minutes (at the absolute longest)
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
It shouldn't take that long. It records faster than the media length. I record entire CD's in roughly 12-15 minutes depending on the exact total time.
I hope I'm wrong, but the 2010 G record as it play, so it records at the same speed as play. I've been trying to figure it out, but I could find a way for it to record without playing the CD.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM
G37NC

^I recorded my first CD yesterday and it played as it was recording. The 10 songs took about 5 minutes to record.

I do have a small annoyance with the Music Box though. I discovered if I import a CD I burned myself in uncompressed format (.aiff) that the reader will not recognize the song names or artist info. So, I have to manually type in that info. In my case I imported 10 songs from the same artist which came from 3 different albums. Well, if you type in the name of the album, it changes all 10 songs to that album name. You can type in the individual songs and artist, but it will only recognize 1 album name (per box). Kinda annoying to me.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by G37NC
^I recorded my first CD yesterday and it played as it was recording. The 10 songs took about 5 minutes to record.
Hmmm...it only took 5 minutes? And it record and play at the same time? Does that mean all your 10 songs played in 5 minutes?

I'll try other CD with shorter songs and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 AM
G37NC

^LOL, the 10 songs took 35 minutes to play, but the importing/recording went a lot faster. All I know is that I hit the "record" button, drove around for a while and within 5-6 minutes a message on the screen said "recording complete". But the music continued playing without a skip.

I admit I was under the assumption that the recording was done simultaneously with the playing, but thank goodness it does not.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmmm...it only took 5 minutes? And it record and play at the same time? Does that mean all your 10 songs played in 5 minutes?

I'll try other CD with shorter songs and see what happens.
No, that means the play and record functions happen independently of each other. You can play song 6 while it's recording song 2, and it doesn't seem to slow down the recording process.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:35 AM
G37NC

I just now discovered you cannot import songs from a USB jump drive. The option is not there. So, all imports have to be from CD's.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
majin ssj eric

1 thing that annoy me about my 2010 G is that it won't continue to record a song (from CD) after the car is re-started.

I have music that is about 40 minutes long (non-stop) on a CD. I wanted to record it to the Music Box. I set my G to automatic record. After I put in the CD, my G automatically start recording it on to the Music Box. No problem. Works as expected. Then after I arrived at my destination about 20 minutes later, I shut off and left the car. After I'm done at my destination and start the car to go home, the CD continues to play where it left off...BUT it is not recording where it left off!! The music in the Music Box is truncated and is only 20 minutes long. It doesn't make sense to me.

My 08 used to continue a recording session after being turned off. I'll have to check and see if they changed that in the 2010....
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM
SCWells72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I've recorded 100+ CDs to my Music Box now and it definitely records in the background while it plays at a separate and much faster speed. I've found that normal CDs take on average about 10 mins to rip and recording resumes just fine when you turn off the car mid-rip. I assume it just restarts the track it was recording when the car was stopped to prevent any audible artifacts in that track because I've never heard anything that sounded like an interruption or skip.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Sysjack
Registered Member

The flapping of the rear seat belts against the seat when the windows are down and going 40+ is kind of annoying.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by Sysjack
The flapping of the rear seat belts against the seat when the windows are down and going 40+ is kind of annoying.
THats not really endemic of just the G though...
Old 06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Sysjack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
THats not really endemic of just the G though...
My last car didn't do it, and the G37 is a definite step up from that one. I was just mentioning something that has bugged me since the weather has been nice enough to run with the windows down. I didn't realize there was a ruling that all minor gripes had to be specific to our particular make and model of vehicle. My bad I guess.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sysjack
My last car didn't do it, and the G37 is a definite step up from that one. I was just mentioning something that has bugged me since the weather has been nice enough to run with the windows down. I didn't realize there was a ruling that all minor gripes had to be specific to our particular make and model of vehicle. My bad I guess.
lol no you're fine...but I think that may just be a sedan thing...in my coupe I don't have any problems with the belts in back. Try letting them real in so they are completely flush with the seats

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G