G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few people said that the've done it, but no one was specific on how - probably BS. So I will probably let it be.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
bosssho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
A few people said that the've done it, but no one was specific on how - probably BS. So I will probably let it be.

Yeah, I love the one sentence posts by people saying things like "Well I did that, or I made that work," but never actually explaining it...
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by NonAme
i hate it that when i'm getting it on with the Mrs there's no place for her to rest her feet so she pushes all up on the dash board and smudges everything. wish infiniti would put a team of engineers on that one.
Yep this car is definitely too small for that kind of stuff, and I'm not a huge guy. There's no place to do anything. Every part of the car is just a bit tighter, a bit smaller, a bit more narrow. I think that to be able to get down comfortably in this car was the last thing Infiniti engineers were thinking about when they made it (Unfortunately)
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM
OrangeAndBlue

Overall I love my 09 x sedan, but there are a few minor annoyances mostly with the navi:

1. would be nice if you could name stored address locations. I have like 10 places stored in the address book, but now I can't remember which is which just by looking at the address.

2. can't properly scroll through previous destinations. The screen will only show 5 of xx and when you use the wheel to scroll, it just stays on the first page and you can't get to anything past the first 5 destinations.

3. the main control wheel under the screen requires a really long and uncomfortable reach. Would be nice if it had been placed somewhere near the shifter for easier use while driving.

4. headlights come on too soon in auto mode (even at lowest sensitivity) and are activated all the time when I go under underpasses or short tunnels. I don't even use the auto lights anymore now

5. no compass except for the one in the navi, which is not that intuitive

I have never had any issues with water leaking into the trunk like many people here have mentioned. However, I do notice that the area above the rear bumper always gets really dirty, especially after driving through rain.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue
Overall I love my 09 x sedan, but there are a few minor annoyances mostly with the navi:

1. would be nice if you could name stored address locations. I have like 10 places stored in the address book, but now I can't remember which is which just by looking at the address.
lol you can name stored locations...just put them in the address book then go back and edit that location and you can add a name, change the icon that it shows on the map, change what number in the address book it is, all kinds of stuff.

I've got about 20 different addresses in my address book and every one has a name associated with it

it's on page 6-10 of the Navi manual...here is a link to all the G's manuals so you can do easy PDF searches and find out how to do all the stuff you want http://www.g37-tech.com/wiki/Category:Service

Last edited by hispeed-lowdrag; 06-06-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Living in Houston, I wish the car had cooled seats in addition to heated seats. Lexus has had it for years. Hell, Toyota's offered that on the Avalon for at least 5 years.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CougarRed
Living in Houston, I wish the car had cooled seats in addition to heated seats. Lexus has had it for years. Hell, Toyota's offered that on the Avalon for at least 5 years.
+1 - I would love to have cooled or ventilated seats. My IS350 had ventilated seats. They were weak, but at least helped in the summer.

I find the a/c in the G to help make up for it, though. It's one of the best a/c systems I've experienced, and gets cold much quicker than the system in my Lexus ever did.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM
OrangeAndBlue

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
lol you can name stored locations...just put them in the address book then go back and edit that location and you can add a name, change the icon that it shows on the map, change what number in the address book it is, all kinds of stuff.

I've got about 20 different addresses in my address book and every one has a name associated with it

it's on page 6-10 of the Navi manual...here is a link to all the G's manuals so you can do easy PDF searches and find out how to do all the stuff you want Category:Service - The Infiniti G37 Information Resource
awesome, thanks! I figured there had to a way to somehow do this.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
indycase

Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue

2. can't properly scroll through previous destinations. The screen will only show 5 of xx and when you use the wheel to scroll, it just stays on the first page and you can't get to anything past the first 5 destinations.

3. the main control wheel under the screen requires a really long and uncomfortable reach. Would be nice if it had been placed somewhere near the shifter for easier use while driving.

4. headlights come on too soon in auto mode (even at lowest sensitivity) and are activated all the time when I go under underpasses or short tunnels. I don't even use the auto lights anymore now

5. no compass except for the one in the navi, which is not that intuitive

I have never had any issues with water leaking into the trunk like many people here have mentioned. However, I do notice that the area above the rear bumper always gets really dirty, especially after driving through rain.

Just two comments on the above two points (based on my '10 Navi):

1. You can go back into the address book and edit the name manually
2. You can go past the first five once your vehicle has come to a stop
Old 06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
indycase

How do you turn the car from engine running to the ACC mode without having the doors unlocked (and without having to press the button two times? i.e. once to turn off the engine then once again to turn on ACC). In the old G35 (or everything that uses a key in the ignition), all you have to do is turn the key only one click to the left ...
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase
How do you turn the car from engine running to the ACC mode without having the doors unlocked (and without having to press the button two times? i.e. once to turn off the engine then once again to turn on ACC). In the old G35 (or everything that uses a key in the ignition), all you have to do is turn the key only one click to the left ...
I think you can do that by double tapping the button. It's in the manual for sure.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
I find the a/c in the G to help make up for it, though. It's one of the best a/c systems I've experienced, and gets cold much quicker than the system in my Lexus ever did.
True. My 2004 G35 AC was the best AC system I've ever had. The 2010 G37 AC is a close second.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by indycase
Originally Posted by antirice
I think you can do that by double tapping the button. It's in the manual for sure.
the manual? what's that?

but like indycase said, he already knows to push it twice...there isn't any other way to do it.

Indy, in case you didn't notice there isn't a key to turn one click to the left in these cars
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM
carz

im really annoyed with the new software over all........its a lot slower than previous version. It lags every little bit.

also the way they set up the radio is annoying. No more A-B-C memories....i have to flip through all the FM's and AM to get to XM
Old 06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by carz
im really annoyed with the new software over all........its a lot slower than previous version. It lags every little bit.

also the way they set up the radio is annoying. No more A-B-C memories....i have to flip through all the FM's and AM to get to XM
there seem to be several steps backwards from the 09 to 10...that doesn't make any sense to me

makes me happy to have an 09 though

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G