G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
ged1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freesurfer
There's gotta be a volume adjustment in the setup screens, mine's as loud as he||.
Wait...I don't get a beep! What gives

GED
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The front seats are too low, rear passenger can not slide his shoe under the seat. The center console is too tall taking lots of space for no good reason.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ged1067
Wait...I don't get a beep! What gives

GED
I never said anything about a beep, but my sentence structure was bad. It should have read: "My sonar volume is loud, I must've changed one of those volume adjustments in the set-up screens."

Is yours silent (you don't get a beep)? There is a mute switch for the sonar - next to the trunk release - maybe you triggered it.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
ace72

Originally Posted by YetiNole
Ace - did you seriously just post a "Things that annoy me about this 'Things that annoy me' thread"? And then b*tch about everyone's b*tch*ng?

LOL!
I'm glad someone appreciates the feeble attempt at subtle humor. It was meant to poke fun, not at all to be taken seriously.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine are minor, the seat belt touching my neck thing and I dis like the sound and feel of closing the trunk, seems chincey/cheap. Maybe I need to add insulation to it. Any fixes 4 the seat belt??
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
NonAme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hate it that when i'm getting it on with the Mrs there's no place for her to rest her feet so she pushes all up on the dash board and smudges everything. wish infiniti would put a team of engineers on that one.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yogregb
Mine are minor, the seat belt touching my neck thing and I dis like the sound and feel of closing the trunk, seems chincey/cheap. Maybe I need to add insulation to it. Any fixes 4 the seat belt??
Yes, get this...

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gw1g2yKxb0I"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gw1g2yKxb0I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Old 05-28-2010, 11:49 AM
freesurfer
Registered Member

Lucky titty bear. Oops, I mean Tiddy Bear.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
bosssho

Originally Posted by ttboy
I have my door locks set so that they don't lock at all once i'm in the car.
I went onto Page 3-6 and did this procedure 3x's. Doors locked, push start button twice with no foot on gas to turn key ON, and then hit and hold unlock until hazzards flash once to confirm OFF, and then EVERY time I drove away after starting the car at 15mph the ^&*() doors would LOCK and then (WORSE) when in park and off after they WON'T unlock in this mode????

HELP???
Old 05-29-2010, 10:39 AM
jtla

Link Navigation to Front Passenger Airbag

It is really annoying that you cannot use the on-board navi when traveling with family. Since the vehicle can detect whether there is an adult sitting in the front passenger seat so as to turn on or off the airbag, Infiniti should link that to enable/disable the navigation system while the vehicle is moving.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
It is really annoying that you cannot use the on-board navi when traveling with family. Since the vehicle can detect whether there is an adult sitting in the front passenger seat so as to turn on or off the airbag, Infiniti should link that to enable/disable the navigation system while the vehicle is moving.
I'm sure they could get that done, but what assurance will there be that the passenger (rather than the driver) is using the nav? You can be sure that some idiot will sue them within a few months of that change.

Infiniti and all other automakers wouldn't put these nannies on our cars if we would all stop suing for everything under the sun. The fact that the manufacturers go the extra mile to treat Americans like children speaks volumes about us as a society.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jtla
As 15951 suggests, it would be quite easy to fool the system that way. Even my dog is heavy enough to trip the seat belt light on the passenger side, and he doesn't know how to use nav system.

Just use voice commands while moving. They work surprisingly well and it helps to assure you and your family will arrive at your destination in one piece.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
As 15951 suggests, it would be quite easy to fool the system that way. Even my dog is heavy enough to trip the seat belt light on the passenger side, and he doesn't know how to use nav system.

Just use voice commands while moving. They work surprisingly well and it helps to assure you and your family will arrive at your destination in one piece.
+1 I use the voice commands/steering wheel buttons to do everything and it works just as fast if not faster than typing it in by hand
Old 05-31-2010, 02:26 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bosssho
I went onto Page 3-6 and did this procedure 3x's. Doors locked, push start button twice with no foot on gas to turn key ON, and then hit and hold unlock until hazzards flash once to confirm OFF, and then EVERY time I drove away after starting the car at 15mph the ^&*() doors would LOCK and then (WORSE) when in park and off after they WON'T unlock in this mode????

HELP???
I wanted to try to get them never to lock by doing the same thing. So I guess I should just leave that one alone huh?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 AM
bosssho

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I wanted to try to get them never to lock by doing the same thing. So I guess I should just leave that one alone huh?
Yeah, unless the people who "say" they have done it list out the steps like I did, but that actually work, I would leave it as is. This was only 1/2 the battle anyway...I like that the locks engage when moving...for safety reasons, etc, but in Park they should disengage....this was a way to at least have them disengaged at park....but by sacrificing them locking at all.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G