G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine don't do that. Unless I put a quarter in first.
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Haven't felt that yet on mine. It shouldn't do that. Maybe something got loose somewhere, you should check it out on your next maintenance
Mine is at 23K miles. I had my dealer check it last time and they said "normal".
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cup holder door won't lose

My front center console cup holder door won't close - no reason, I simply opened it and now it won't close.

Short of a trip to the dealer, any ideas?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I've mentioned it before, but the damn unlocking thing is really starting to get to me. Why don't we have another option? Say based on speed or something, :shrug:. Oh and another thing, as a caffeine addict, I hoard Starbucks. Our cup holders won't even fit two, tall drips.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
ace72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread kills me... It's raining out and I wanted sun!

My trunk is wet and covered with water droplets but when I open the lid the water goes in my trunk?! OH NOES!!! I bet if you open your trunklid while it's still covered in snow, some of it might fall inside.

This is the kind of stuff that requires labels on HOT COFFEE cups that state, quite clearly, CAUTION - HOT ! ya think? really?

Where should the iPod connection be if not in the center console? How about way over in the glove box, I'm sure absolutely nobody would b1tch if it was over there! Wait, I know, put it in the trunk!

And then the rest of the endless list of I wish this or if only that... I'm sure that a whole forum could be devoted to this topic. Doesn't matter what car brand either, just call it, mycarannoysmebutificomplainaboutitiwillfeelbetter. com

Life itself can be a minor or major annoyance for every single thing from sunrise to sunset. There is no such thing as a perfect product because of the human element. If you really want to know where you can fix the problem of the 'minor annoyances' of what's bothering you about your Infiniti, look in the mirror.

Reading page after page of this stuff is like listening to any one of my kids, age range from 8 to 17. I guess it feels good to get it off one's chest. Perhaps a good scream of *SERENITY NOW!* will suffice if perchance the Nissan/Infiniti engineers aren't hanging on every word.

It's the wiggling smilies off the side of this posting page that annoys the sheet out of me, but if I don't like it, I can always resize the window...

So if anyone calls me Francis, I'll kill ya....

-ace72
Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Calm down Ace, nobody is claiming this stuff ruins their day or they hate the car or anything. We're just pointing out "little annoyances" -- things that could be better. Of course no product is perfect. And we all deal just fine with these things.

But still we'd like to suggest ways to improve the car. Even if nobody important at Infiniti ever reads it, we still entertain ourselves discussing it with one another.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
That sounds good. How do I do that?
It's in the manual. Surprisingly it is not configurable through the conveneince menu in the console where you would expect to find it, but at least there is user control over it. I would refuse to buy a car if you could not turn off the automatic locking while driving in the car.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had my 2010 for around 2 months now and put 2,000 miles on it. In 2 weeks I take off on a 3 week, 4,000 mile round trip, so I might have some more items to add after this trip.
The car has been flawless and I'm glad I opted for it rather then a BMW.
Some of the things that I would change, so far, about the car if I could have it custom built for my personal taste would be:
Have setting to activate DRL.
Smart Key buttons need to be recessed further so they are not so sensitive.
Trunk should open up some when it is unlocked.
Have an easy way to remove the lockout settings for the NAV.
Have back seats fold down for extra trunk storage.
Put sonar buttons on the front also.
Upgrade the lumbar control to a toggle switch (the current handle on the non-sport is like something off a Yugo).
Put the gas fill on the driver's side.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
gundam83

Dunno if this is supposed to be normal, but when I adjust the lumbar lever all the way to the forward setting. The lumbar support is just barely a little past completely flat. Now when I pull the lumbar lever all the way back, the lumbar support concaves inwards pretty far where it almost feels like the seat is a turtle shell lol. In other cars I've sat in (not other G37's) the lumbar support adjustment will actually arch your back significantly and force you to have a very straightened posture.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ace72
This thread kills me... It's raining out and I wanted sun!

My trunk is wet and covered with water droplets but when I open the lid the water goes in my trunk?! OH NOES!!! I bet if you open your trunklid while it's still covered in snow, some of it might fall inside.

This is the kind of stuff that requires labels on HOT COFFEE cups that state, quite clearly, CAUTION - HOT ! ya think? really?

Where should the iPod connection be if not in the center console? How about way over in the glove box, I'm sure absolutely nobody would b1tch if it was over there! Wait, I know, put it in the trunk!

And then the rest of the endless list of I wish this or if only that... I'm sure that a whole forum could be devoted to this topic. Doesn't matter what car brand either, just call it, mycarannoysmebutificomplainaboutitiwillfeelbetter. com

Life itself can be a minor or major annoyance for every single thing from sunrise to sunset. There is no such thing as a perfect product because of the human element. If you really want to know where you can fix the problem of the 'minor annoyances' of what's bothering you about your Infiniti, look in the mirror.

Reading page after page of this stuff is like listening to any one of my kids, age range from 8 to 17. I guess it feels good to get it off one's chest. Perhaps a good scream of *SERENITY NOW!* will suffice if perchance the Nissan/Infiniti engineers aren't hanging on every word.

It's the wiggling smilies off the side of this posting page that annoys the sheet out of me, but if I don't like it, I can always resize the window...

So if anyone calls me Francis, I'll kill ya....

-ace72
I don't think you'll be running focus groups anytime soon.

This sort of discussion is exactly the constructive criticism that can result in product improvement. Improvement is good.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 AM
oonagimaki

Pet Peeves?

You don't really need to plug in your iPod/iPhone if you don't want to. I think the 2010 has a feature that allows you to play your music via bluetooth--it's limited in that you control your music thru your iPhone but it works really well.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
YetiNole

Ace - did you seriously just post a "Things that annoy me about this 'Things that annoy me' thread"? And then b*tch about everyone's b*tch*ng?

LOL!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Antonio246

All of the complaints here could be eliminated by buying a VW Passat. That was my last car and none of these were an issue. As a matter of fact, I didn't have any issues with the car. Just thought I'd try something different this time. I like my '09 G37x but I'm going back to VW when the lease is up. Sorry G lovers...just my opinion.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ExtraCrispy
Another thing - while backing up when the sonar beeps, it doesn't mute/reduce the volume, so when playing music its impossible to hear.
There's gotta be a volume adjustment in the setup screens, mine's as loud as he||.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 PM
gundam83

Originally Posted by oonagimaki
You don't really need to plug in your iPod/iPhone if you don't want to. I think the 2010 has a feature that allows you to play your music via bluetooth--it's limited in that you control your music thru your iPhone but it works really well.
I couldnt get it to sync correctly. I know it's not the phone because it works in my friend's TL.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by YetiNole
Ace - did you seriously just post a "Things that annoy me about this 'Things that annoy me' thread"? And then b*tch about everyone's b*tch*ng?

LOL!
And now you're getting annoyed by his being annoyed at our being annoyed. I'm getting dizzy.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G