G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=TTZ2G;2879211]

The other thing that bugs me is how sensitive the buttons on the FOB are.

lol yep that gets me too. i had the same problem with the fob on my 2000 toyota camry. blow my ears off in the garage with the door closed.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the car. wouldnt want any other vehicle on the market for the same price. what is up with the wind storm that enters the cabin when the windows and sun roof are open at 35mph??

superior aerodynamics i presume.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM
jack829

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the FOB?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 PM
gundam83

1. Infiniti didn't want to spend the extra 35 cents to put a second usb port in the 2010 G37 Sedan. So if I want to listen to songs on both my ipod and usb stick, I have to unplug one and plug in the other.

2. The main rotary control **** requires chimpanzee arms to reach. Why couldn't they put it near the shifter like most other manufacturers? If us big american brutes have trouble reaching the ****, how do the shorter, smaller japanese do it?

3. So much wasted space on the "now playing" screen. Text is tiny, so why not fill it with bigger coverart or a track listing or something?

4. Gotta kinda slam the trunk down to close it, or else there is not enough force for it to catch. Twice i've found my trunk open in the morning. Maybe I can rectify this by buying a spoiler

5. Doors don't automatically lock and unlock when you're in/or leaving the vicinity. My POS chevy did it, so why can't a semi-luxury car do it?

6. I'm a skinny guy, and my butt still gets pinched by the sport seats on the widest setting.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gundam83
1. Infiniti didn't want to spend the extra 35 cents to put a second usb port in the 2010 G37 Sedan. So if I want to listen to songs on both my ipod and usb stick, I have to unplug one and plug in the other.

2. The main rotary control **** requires chimpanzee arms to reach. Why couldn't they put it near the shifter like most other manufacturers? If us big american brutes have trouble reaching the ****, how do the shorter, smaller japanese do it?

3. So much wasted space on the "now playing" screen. Text is tiny, so why not fill it with bigger coverart or a track listing or something?

4. Gotta kinda slam the trunk down to close it, or else there is not enough force for it to catch. Twice i've found my trunk open in the morning. Maybe I can rectify this by buying a spoiler

5. Doors don't automatically lock and unlock when you're in/or leaving the vicinity. My POS chevy did it, so why can't a semi-luxury car do it?

6. I'm a skinny guy, and my butt still gets pinched by the sport seats on the widest setting.
1. You don't have a iPod connector? My 09 has it, I'd think the 2010 would too...

2. What rotary **** are you talking about? Like the volume ****? Just use the steering wheel controls Or if you mean the **** to control treble/bass are you really using it that much?

3. I agree, but I never use it since it's always on status or map

4. The spoiler must make a huge difference, I don't have to slam it at all, it closes easily

5. That would be nice, I've never had a car with that so I don't have anything to miss thankfully lol

6. Really? I am 6'2" 200lbs and don't get pinched at all
Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 PM
gundam83

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
1. You don't have a iPod connector? My 09 has it, I'd think the 2010 would too...

2. What rotary **** are you talking about? Like the volume ****? Just use the steering wheel controls Or if you mean the **** to control treble/bass are you really using it that much?

3. I agree, but I never use it since it's always on status or map

4. The spoiler must make a huge difference, I don't have to slam it at all, it closes easily

5. That would be nice, I've never had a car with that so I don't have anything to miss thankfully lol

6. Really? I am 6'2" 200lbs and don't get pinched at all
1. 2010 loses the ipod cable and cf slot and replaces it with a single usb port.

2. I'm talking about the main rotary **** with the directional buttons on it. The one right underneath the LCD screen. Ever try scrolling through 160gb of music with the wheel mounted controls? The rotary **** is absolutely essential if you don't want to spend an eternity scrolling through a large list.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by exit9
I confirmed that the same odd behavior happens while playing a CD so it's not something to do with communicating with my ipod. I may need the radio re-programmed, patched or some kind of circuit replaced if this is not normal behavior.
It's not normal behavior, it's a recall. See my post above (#134.)
Old 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Even though he was talking about something else, personally I use that tuning/treble/bass **** a lot because it's the only way to tune XM stations one-at-a-time. The steering wheel controls don't do that, they jump around between categories. So you have to either use presets or the tuner. That is a bit annoying actually.

Originally Posted by jack829
What is the FOB?
Keyfob. That's what you call an electronic key device that's not really a key in the classical sense.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gundam83
1. 2010 loses the ipod cable and cf slot and replaces it with a single usb port.

2. I'm talking about the main rotary **** with the directional buttons on it. The one right underneath the LCD screen. Ever try scrolling through 160gb of music with the wheel mounted controls? The rotary **** is absolutely essential if you don't want to spend an eternity scrolling through a large list.
wow, that was a stupid move on Infiniti's part to take out the iPod connection cable. sorry man

OOOOOOh ok, I wasn't thinking about that. Yeah, it is a little far away. I RARELY use that, I've got a 120 GB iPod but I just leave it on "shuffle all" 99% of the time so I am never searching through music
Old 05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
[quote=gundam83;2911626]1. 2010 loses the ipod cable and cf slot and replaces it with a single usb port.[quote]
Just use the ipod cable that came with the ipod, the good thing is that it charges it now.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
gundam83

[quote=6mtg37s;2911647][quote=gundam83;2911626]1. 2010 loses the ipod cable and cf slot and replaces it with a single usb port.
Just use the ipod cable that came with the ipod, the good thing is that it charges it now.
Yes I know that. But if you read my post above, my complaint is that they only included 1 usb port, when it would cost literally pennies to add another, and allow one more source to be used (USB drive)
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cvroom
Love the car. wouldnt want any other vehicle on the market for the same price. what is up with the wind storm that enters the cabin when the windows and sun roof are open at 35mph??

superior aerodynamics i presume.
Yea, the car is loud when everything is open. But even when everything is closed, it's not very quiet. A better insulation from road noise would have been great.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate how the seats vibrate when I stop at red lights with AC on. It feels cheap somehow.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:54 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
I hate how the seats vibrate when I stop at red lights with AC on. It feels cheap somehow.

Mine don't do that. Unless I put a quarter in first.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:59 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Haven't felt that yet on mine. It shouldn't do that. Maybe something got loose somewhere, you should check it out on your next maintenance

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G