G37 Sedan

Automatic Anti Glare rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Motor Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic Anti Glare rearview mirror

Greetings to ALL:

I'm a long time reader and this is my first time to post.

Can anybody tell me "HOW TO" have this feature so that it doesn't automatically turns itself "ON" everytime I start my car? I would like to manually turn it off & on? I love the feature but, It's a real hassel since 99.9% of my driving is in the daytime. I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Any suggestions ?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
hieuster

There are two buttons on the mirror that you can press. The | button turns it on and the O button turns it off. To see if it is off or on, there's a green light if it's on and no light if it's off.

I'm curious, why do you want to turn it off?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it only transitions when you are sitting in darkness for 30 seconds. so i'd be surprised if your mirror was green all the time during the day.

but heiuster has the right info, buttons on the mirror turn the feature off or auto. if that doesn't work, your unit might be broken... lol
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine is always "on" but the dimming doesn't actually kick in unless it's dark and there are headlights shining into it. Are you saying yours stays dimmed all the time until you turn it off? That sounds like it might be malfunctioning.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Motor Head

Originally Posted by hieuster
There are two buttons on the mirror that you can press. The | button turns it on and the O button turns it off. To see if it is off or on, there's a green light if it's on and no light if it's off.

I'm curious, why do you want to turn it off?
That's correct. It is "ON" everytime I start the car. So I turn the feature off using the buttons on the mirror after starting the car. Since most of my driving is during the day I don't need anti-glare "ON".
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Motor Head

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Mine is always "on" but the dimming doesn't actually kick in unless it's dark and there are headlights shining into it. Are you saying yours stays dimmed all the time until you turn it off? That sounds like it might be malfunctioning.
Humm, I've never left it on to see. I'ver always turned it off as soon as I start the car. I'll check it out today and let you know later.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 AM
SANTOS29

I never even bother messing with it, since is Automatic...I do drive in the daylight and I never seen it go dim by itself only at night.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's always on and the anti-glare feature only activates if it detects a bright light on the sensor.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Yes, the anti-glare system will automatically turn on every time you start the car. You can turn it off by pressing the little switch to the right of the sensor (which is to the right of the green light). But it will go to automatic again the next time you start the car. There’s no way around that, but there should be no dimming at all during the day so it may be easier to just leave it on all the time.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not understanding why you need to turn it off? As others are saying, it's automatic. There's sensors that detect incoming light and dims it. But you should only be noticing this at night. Are you saying you are seeing a difference during the day when you toggle it on and off? Or is it the fact that the green light is on indicating it's "on" that bothers you?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
As others have said, the light just means the system is on, now that the antiglare feature is activated.

Your car has automatic headlights, but they're only on when the sensor triggers the switch. Same idea.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Motor Head

Took it for a spin today and left the feature in "Automatic mode". The mirror did not dim in the daytime. It seems that Infinti would have made this feature active say when you turn your headlights on instead of having it in "Automatic mode/on all the time? Just my thought on the matter.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's not on all the time...the little light just tells you that the system will work if parameters are met for it to do so. Of course it isn't on in the daytime...neither are the automatic headlights.

Every car on the market with this feature works the same. You're overthinking this one.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:43 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by Motor Head
Took it for a spin today and left the feature in "Automatic mode". The mirror did not dim in the daytime. It seems that Infinti would have made this feature active say when you turn your headlights on instead of having it in "Automatic mode/on all the time? Just my thought on the matter.
I'm not sure I understand what the difference would be. In auto mode it would not dim during the daylight while your headlights are off. All that turning it off (instead of on automatic) during the day would do is prevent it from dimming when it isn't going to dim anyway. I doubt that leaving it in automatic mode is going to affect gas mileage or anything.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:09 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Having it "On" all the time basically just means its in standby, so when it needs to activate, it does. And it give you the option to turn it off in preferred.

Its just like VDC, no matter what when you turn the car off and back on, its on.

Quick Reply: Automatic Anti Glare rearview mirror