Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hummm.. now I'll have to check my seek buttons, which I never use anyways
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
indycase

Originally Posted by nycjoker
Has anoyone noticed that on the 2010 G the steering wheel controls the up/down seek buttons are reversed too compared to previous models? On my 2008 G, moving down on the steering wheel would go to my next preset. On the 2010 G, I have to move up to go to the next preset.
This is how it was in the last gen G35 (2006) which I had. Flip up goes to the next track. You just get used to it - same logic in the 2010 G37 but the radio interface is backward - and I just took delivery ... (no recall in Canada?)
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
urirx98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently went to my dealer and they had no CLUE about it. I told them my friend got a letter from infiniti and it told him to come to his local dealer to get it fixed. They said they hadnt gotten anything about it and if i could produce the letter, which I got later that night from my friend. It specifically says there was a problem with some 2010s and it was a software problem. I am not going back up to them til i need a oil change, but this upsets me that this thread started last month and my dealer didnt know about it last week. THats super WEAK!!! I am also having issues with my USB interface, Some flash drives work, and a ipod Nano will not. Whats up with that??
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
indycase

Originally Posted by urirx98
I recently went to my dealer and they had no CLUE about it. I told them my friend got a letter from infiniti and it told him to come to his local dealer to get it fixed. They said they hadnt gotten anything about it and if i could produce the letter, which I got later that night from my friend. It specifically says there was a problem with some 2010s and it was a software problem. I am not going back up to them til i need a oil change, but this upsets me that this thread started last month and my dealer didnt know about it last week. THats super WEAK!!! I am also having issues with my USB interface, Some flash drives work, and a ipod Nano will not. Whats up with that??
Do you think you can PM me a copy of the letter if it's not too much to ask? You can black out the names if you don't want me to see it ...

My friend was having trouble connecting his ipod touch via my USB. I thought it was my Apple USB cable.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM
dopey
Registered Member

So I had this done when I brought it in and it seems the only thing that it fixed was the radio scanning. When I play through my ipod, the up arrow still goes to the previous track and the down arrow goes to the next track.

On the steering wheel, up goes to the next track and down is previous.

I'm going to play a bit more with it today to see exactly what the current behavior (post-fix) is.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM
britishmutt

I don't know if my radio scan buttons are reversed on my 2010 (I'll check when I get to my car next) but I do find it curious that the steering wheel controls seem to operate in the opposite sense to the headunit controls. Seems quite illogical to me.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:44 PM
exit9

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by britishmutt
I don't know if my radio scan buttons are reversed on my 2010 (I'll check when I get to my car next) but I do find it curious that the steering wheel controls seem to operate in the opposite sense to the headunit controls. Seems quite illogical to me.

Same here. It's my first import so I thought this was somehow normal for the controls to be opposites when compared.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
exit9

Went to the dealer today for something else. Mentioned the reversed operation of the steering wheel and console buttons. Service manager checked VIN and recall does not apply to my vehicle Have an appointment tomorrow for tech to check if software patch is available for my G when they hook it up. If not, the only option is to replace the radio which seems a little extreme.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They did the fix when I went in for my 1st oil change. The funny thing is that the reprogram only changes the direction for radio tuning. The buttons still go the "wrong" way when you're on a CD, etc.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so the normal way is UP for next CD track and tune? cause my next track on CD was down and i thought it was stupid.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
exit9

Originally Posted by JohnnyCham
so the normal way is UP for next CD track and tune? cause my next track on CD was down and i thought it was stupid.
That's my assumption and that's the way the steering wheel control works. The console is reversed. I'll see what the tech says when I bring it in. I wouldn't be surprised if the write-up says "No problem found" when they hand me back the keys.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by exit9
That's my assumption and that's the way the steering wheel control works. The console is reversed. I'll see what the tech says when I bring it in. I wouldn't be surprised if the write-up says "No problem found" when they hand me back the keys.
On my '09 it's push down for the next track (or hold down for FF) on both. This is also what it says in the manual. If the dealer service rep doesn't believe you, show him the owner's manual. On mine it's around pages 4-44 to 4-46. Probably close to that in yours also.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:12 AM
exit9

Took it in today. Tech confirmed operations were reversed for steering wheel and console. He also confirmed that the same behavior exists on other G37s in stock. No updates available so it's to be considered "normal" at this time.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Jamler

Originally Posted by dopey
So I had this done when I brought it in and it seems the only thing that it fixed was the radio scanning. When I play through my ipod, the up arrow still goes to the previous track and the down arrow goes to the next track.

On the steering wheel, up goes to the next track and down is previous.

I'm going to play a bit more with it today to see exactly what the current behavior (post-fix) is.
I've adjusted to mine... But when I first got it... I was like WTF? This is backwards?? Also have an issue... I think...? Can y'all fast forward/rewind from your steering wheel...? Mine just jumps to the track if I push and hold button??? Just wondering.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamler
I've adjusted to mine... But when I first got it... I was like WTF? This is backwards?? Also have an issue... I think...? Can y'all fast forward/rewind from your steering wheel...? Mine just jumps to the track if I push and hold button??? Just wondering.
On my manual, supposedly it's supposed to do that on both the steering wheel and the radio track/seek buttons for ipod, CD, music box and everything. FF if you hold it down for more than 1.5 secs and skip if you do it for less.

But now that you mention that, I'm not certain I've ever gotten it to work that way on the iPod either. I'll test it on the way home later.

Quick Reply: 2010 Recall Notice -- Reversed Radio Seek Buttons