G37 Sedan

G37X Sport in the Snow???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
JasonHarper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eauty
Jason,
I too had truble with the Novi site and have ended up at the Troy dealership for my last 2 Infiniti's. I've owned 5 of them and by far the Troy site has been the most user friendly. I'm glad you found a good guy in AA as it would have been a drag to have been stuck with Suburban. PM me with the saleman's last name that was the idiot from Novi. I have a feeling it is the same idiot who caused me to go to Troy a few years ago.
Good luck and you will love your car, trust me!
Vern is who i dealt with last time, he's a bum. Sorry, I'm usually not mean to people, but that guy is a bum, and I feel foolish I bought a car from him. This time around, I avoided him, though he freaked out when he found out i was there dealing with another sales rep, and tried to steal his sale. but the new guy I was dealing with was only there for a week, so he was brand new to this, too bad for him he picked up all the Suburban Novi 'tricks'. Chip is also a peach, he's the money guy, or sales manager or something. He some how magically found a G37XS in michigan tonight, when I stopped replying to their emails.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CONGRATS on the new purchase! I goto ann arbor fairly often, maybe I will start getting my oil changes at the AA dealership $25 for an oil change at a dealership is really cheap!

Originally Posted by JasonHarper
technically, they are $25, but when you buy from them they give you 10 $10 off oil changes, so in effect $15 oil changes.

I can't say enough about the ann arbor experience, they were just great to work with, and the guys seemed like really nice guys. and not once did they say anything remotely close to "so what's it gonna take to bla bla bla"

Here's the shot of my old g35x next to the g37xs just after the plate transfer. The S drove fine in the snow all the way home, it was fitting that we have gotten several inches today, so I was able to play around in the snow on the test drive, and put this to rest for me.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Arvig

technically, they are $25, but when you buy from them they give you 10 $10 off oil changes, so in effect $15 oil changes.

I can't say enough about the ann arbor experience, they were just great to work with, and the guys seemed like really nice guys. and not once did they say anything remotely close to "so what's it gonna take to bla bla bla"

Here's the shot of my old g35x next to the g37xs just after the plate transfer. The S drove fine in the snow all the way home, it was fitting that we have gotten several inches today, so I was able to play around in the snow on the test drive, and put this to rest for me.

Wonderful to see and congrats. And look at that, a G37x with 18 inch wheels will work fine in the snow. Who would have thought that...
Old 02-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Arvig

Vern is who i dealt with last time, he's a bum. Sorry, I'm usually not mean to people, but that guy is a bum, and I feel foolish I bought a car from him. This time around, I avoided him, though he freaked out when he found out i was there dealing with another sales rep, and tried to steal his sale. but the new guy I was dealing with was only there for a week, so he was brand new to this, too bad for him he picked up all the Suburban Novi 'tricks'. Chip is also a peach, he's the money guy, or sales manager or something. He some how magically found a G37XS in michigan tonight, when I stopped replying to their emails.
What I find amazing is although I don't think most dealerships update it daily, most DO have their new inventory posted online. Both my local one and the one they ordered my car from did anyway, and any others I've ever checked do have both new and used posted online. Assuming they list every vehicle (probably a fair assumption), it's not like if a dealership says "Oh no, I can't find one like what you want in locally, sorry!" that it's difficult for you to do some searching yourself. Or to put it another way, why lie about such? Even if there's possibly incentive to get rid of a car on the lot first before ordering, a sale is a sale, a lease is a lease. Can't make money very well, nor pay one's employees and the utilities very well if one chases off customers due to lying.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:50 AM
dopey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Arvig
Wonderful to see and congrats. And look at that, a G37x with 18 inch wheels will work fine in the snow. Who would have thought that...
work great in the snow, but man, this year the potholes are killer.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Lords47

Talk about potholes... come here to MA, home of the high speed slalom driving on the highways to avoid various potholes/craters that will swallow a car whole. LOL
Old 02-27-2010, 01:48 PM
JasonHarper

Originally Posted by SindhiStyle
CONGRATS on the new purchase! I goto ann arbor fairly often, maybe I will start getting my oil changes at the AA dealership $25 for an oil change at a dealership is really cheap!
I bet if you asked nicely, they would give you $10 off, really love these guys.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:52 PM
SindhiStyle

Jason: steal me some of those coupons!

I bet if you asked nicely, they would give you $10 off, really love these guys.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:14 PM
JasonHarper

Here's the email I just sent to Scott, letting him know I went with Ann Arbor. It's a mix of harsh and direct feedback, as well as some recommendations and a touch of scorn.

Thanks again to y'all, I'm glad I found this forum in my research, it was nice 'meeting' you!

I bought a 37x Sport from Ann Arbor yesterday, who magically found one in michigan, and it magically came with all season tires (LIKE ALL OF THEM DO), and they some how didn't charge me up to $2000 just for getting in.

You guys seem to be losing a lot of business based on the sales reports I've heard, and I think that is a reflection of the integrity of Suburban of Novi. You are new there, and sounds like new to your sales career, you should consider finding a different dealership to work at.

The old way of being able to tell the customer what ever you think will get them to "buy today" is pretty much over, with one post on a message board about G37x Sport performance in the snow the group generated pages of information from enthusiasts, and they explained the pros and cons (the cons are to do with the seats, not performance in the snow for your future reference), and I was able to talk to actual drivers in Michigan about their performance. Also, I was able to talk to a tire and wheel engineer at Nissan, through my friend who works there, and the engineer explained the performance difference in snow will be almost unnoticeable.

I was handing you the easiest sale of your career, and all it would have taken was you to give me an honest answer, even if it meant not selling the car you happened to have in stock but getting one from another dealer in state. Instead, you came up with some fake reasons to talk me out of it, and told me their wasn't any in the 5 state area. DUDE, inventory is on the internet, you should be careful about lying when people can check themselves. And then to tell me that I would have to pay thousands of dollars to get one in michgan, or order it from Japan!!! DUDE!!

If I'm willing to drive past your dealership to Ann Arbor, at 5:00 on a Friday, in the snow, to a competitor for the exact same product you could have sold me, that should sound some major alarm bells.

One last fact, over 80% of new car buyers do their research on the internet. I would say that the dealership you work at is set up to deal with the 1 out of 5 people who don't, not the 4 out of 5 people who do.

the old way, aka the Novi way, of selling cars is dying. You are a nice guy, and I would have liked to given you the sale, but you need to find a better dealership.

Best of luck to you in your future.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:24 PM
JasonHarper

Jason: steal me some of those coupons!
I'll ask them if they would send me some to give to some friends.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Arvig

Here's the email I just sent to Scott, letting him know I went with Ann Arbor. It's a mix of harsh and direct feedback, as well as some recommendations and a touch of scorn.

Thanks again to y'all, I'm glad I found this forum in my research, it was nice 'meeting' you!
I love your letter to the salesman, nice way of letting him know he messed up the sale bigtime without completly calling him a moron. It's in his hands now if he takes some of your advice or not.

If I was local to you and knew you in person I'd bet 50 bucks the saleman doesn't even reply back though, even if he does take your advice.

Oh, I was going over some of the old posts and found this, this was from an e-mail the Novi dealership sent you:

"On a lease, epically here in MI that just dose not make sense."

Some reason right now the whole image of things epically not making sense due to some doseage just made me giggle slightly. Okay, maybe not fair to make fun of the spelling and typos, I do more then my fair share of mistakes too, but still.

Last edited by Arvig; 02-27-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
KLB

You should send that email to the Sales and General Managers at the dealership too.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:14 AM
SindhiStyle

Thanks! As far as the email you sent very well written. If I were you I would have sent a similar email to the sales manager and general manager. Hopefully they get the hint and look into the matter and get some more qualified people in sales.

I'll ask them if they would send me some to give to some friends.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Arvig

Thanks! As far as the email you sent very well written. If I were you I would have sent a similar email to the sales manager and general manager. Hopefully they get the hint and look into the matter and get some more qualified people in sales.
If I may add, I'd say sending such to the managers might be good also. One thing to encourage, the managers might be encouraging their salesmen to do the "Say anything/What can I do to get you to buy today..." salespitch that doesn't work so well for at least the Internet savvy now. But if so, maybe it will also wake them up and give them a clue that hey, maybe we need to be less high pressure. Worst case, they at least know they blew a sale.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Haji

Haha that dealer is full of BS. I drive my G37 Journey coupe RWD and all through 6 inches of snow with little to no problems besides the occasional spinning of tires but i have never gotten stuck.

Quick Reply: G37X Sport in the Snow???