G37 Sedan

G37X Sport in the Snow???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM
InfinitiGuy1997

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonHarper
I really don't care for the novi people, i changed sales reps for this purchase b/c i really disliked the last guy I dealt with there, hoping the new guy would work out, no such luck.

I really like the Ann Arbor guys so far. They seem great. I will let you know how this all works out, but so far very impressed.

They offer pick up and drop off at work, home or where ever for their $15 oil changes, and the fact that I'm not local is fine, he says he goes down to findly ohio for a customer, so any where in metro detroit is fine. And, just got off the phone with him and he said he'll have the car in about an hour, so I can test drive and if I like it, we are all good to go, and if i prefer the non sport, he has that one waiting too. So new G today!!

Thanks again all, each comment was very helpful!!
Wow, i'm sorry to hear that. I've been buying/leasing my cars from Suburban for over 10 years now and have never had a problem. Maybe you should talk to the manager instead of the salesperson. I'm sure you would rather service you car where you bought it. I also know for a fact that they do pick up and delivery for their customers too. I highly reccomend that you call them. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
JasonHarper

Here's the response from my friend at Nissan who spoke to the engineer, your comments here were significantly more helpful then his, but it's nice to see.
I asked the tire and wheel engineer and I got the typical engineering response. “I haven’t driven the tires back to back so I can’t say for sure.” He thought there might be a small impact on performance in the snow between the two different tires. Overall, his opinion is that there will be a negligible difference between the 17” and the 18”.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Arvig

the regular X tires are:
Triple 5-spoke, 17 x 7.5-inch aluminum-alloy with 225/55R17 V-rated all-season performance tires (front and rear)

the Sport X wheels/tires are:
Split 5-spoke, 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 225/50R18 V-rated all-season performance tires (front and rear)

Thanks!!
Jason
Jason,

I have a 2009 G37x Coupe, and although I don't know the specific tires on the G37x Sport sedans, and I want to say that at least the diameter of the wheels and tire size is the same as on my car. Our winter has been exceptionally mild this year, but even so we have had our days with snow and my coupe has handled fine, not been a "death trap". In fact, the day I brought my car home was one of the few days we had a "real" snow for this winter and I was impressed with how the car handled all the way home, I had about a 45 minute drive, give or take.

As an aside, this is from the online brochure/information for the 2010 G37x Coupe, right off of Infiniti's site:

"
Double 5-spoke, 18 x 8.0-inch aluminum-alloy with 225/50R18 V-rated all-season performance tires (front and rear)
"

I'd ask that dealer what makes the wheels and tires on the coupe perfectly safe for winter, and yet on the G37x Sport sedan a death trap. Yes it's 8 inch wheels, not 7.5, and it looks like a bit different shape to the spokes, but the tires are the same size, the diameter the same size and I'd assume for ease of manufacturing they would just order in one tire of the same size for both car models, as opposed to having two tires of the same size for fairly similar cars.

To edit I only read your OP so I haven't seen if someone else brings this up but I see you did get an engineer to give a reply that pretty much makes it sound safe to use 18 inch tires on a G37x. Which well..I can attest to that.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
JasonHarper

Originally Posted by InfinitiGuy1997
Wow, i'm sorry to hear that. I've been buying/leasing my cars from Suburban for over 10 years now and have never had a problem. Maybe you should talk to the manager instead of the salesperson. I'm sure you would rather service you car where you bought it. I also know for a fact that they do pick up and delivery for their customers too. I highly reccomend that you call them. Good luck!
have you been going to Troy or Novi Suburban? I went into the Troy location when i shopping for my current G, they were a much nicer facility, but I went Novi b/c they are so close to my house.

I'm going with Ann Arbor for sure for this one and for service.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Arvig

Oh, now reading the posts, it sounds like you have all but bought a car now, just need to compare a sport to a standard G37x. Congrats on that!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
JasonHarper

Here's an email I just got from Surburban, home of the high pressure sale. Note, the guy in Ann Arbor not only got one for me with 20 hours notice, he is giving it to me for the same price as surburban was giving me the non sport, and is not charging me 1-2000 extra just to get one in. Oh, and the surburban guy told me there arent any in the area, that i woudl need to get one from Texas or order it from japan.

Jason.

Please let me know what time you are able to stop into the Dealership today, I really want to Prep your G37X.
If you choose to go with something different Please let me know so I may start working on finding the options you want.
Per our discussion Suburban can and will find you any Infiniti you choose. We will locate the vehicle for you and truck it into Novi. Please be aware of the additional shipping costs and if you select Sport Pkg, the difference in tires. You will need to buy Snow Tires, we have seen this in the past.
I want your business and will find any car you want me to.

Suburban Infiniti of Novi

New and Used Car Sales
And leasing Consultant
24355 Haggerty Rd / PO Box 8065
Novi, MI 48376
Main 248-471-2220 Fax 248-471-0610

Suburban Infiniti | New Infiniti dealership in Novi and Troy, MI <http://www.suburbaninfiniti.com/>
sdavis@suburbancollection.com
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
JasonHarper

Originally Posted by Arvig
Oh, now reading the posts, it sounds like you have all but bought a car now, just need to compare a sport to a standard G37x. Congrats on that!
correct, I'm turning in my 08 G35x and getting a 10 G37x today. as long as the test drive works out, and I will be paying attention to the seats, I'll be driving home in the sport.

BTW, VPP pricing right now is just nuts. I'm getting a $0 down ($1300 due at signing) 36mo, 15k per year, prem, nav, sport, 2010 G37 for $445/mo inc tax. My current payment on the G35x prem, nav 24 mo 12k per year is $550 with tax. this is just the best time to buy a nissan/infiniti if you have a friend who works there. its 3.5% under dealer invoice for friends, we basically get employee pricing now through March 31st (close of nissan fiscal)
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
JasonHarper

one more email from Surburban. Sorry if piling on a dealer doesn't belong on this string, it just helps to vent.

Jason,

I ran a locate on G37 with a sport Pkg, their are none in the 5 state area we use. The reason is, Low profile non all season tires do not work well in this climate. We have found customer return and are upset they have to put out $1,200.00 on winter tires, additional to the low profile summer tires. That is the exact reason we do not stock Sport Pkg's.
On a lease, epically here in MI that just dose not make sense.
Can you make it in tonight ?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Arvig

Jason,

Yes, that other dealership is a bit "pushy" IMO. I had to order in my car, I went ahead and got a 2009 in December due to the deal I got on both the car itself and my trade in, along with the interest rate. (I bought instead of leasing). Anyway, the dealer here in December had no coupes left, but they had no issues whatsoever contacting dealerships over in Seattle for a car. Only way my local one was "pushy" is the salesman after the fact did contact me a couple times asking if I had any friends or family interested in an Infiniti, Ford or Nissan (the dealership locally is Ford, Nissan and Infiniti, kind of a small automall) but I won't exactly begrudge the guy, if I did I would refer them to him.

Anyway, to be honest I'd contact the Novi, Mi. one and find a nice and polite way to explain that you went with the Ann Arbor people since they managed to both find what you're looking for, and are willing to prep a non-sport if you dislike the sport when you see it in person. But that's just me, I guess I'd find it amusing to imagine the look on the guy's face when he's been claiming he'd have to order from Texas or Japan, and then find out that you know there's one in Ann Arbor, and you've all but leased it.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 PM
JasonHarper

Originally Posted by Arvig

Anyway, to be honest I'd contact the Novi, Mi. one and find a nice and polite way to explain that you went with the Ann Arbor people since they managed to both find what you're looking for, and are willing to prep a non-sport if you dislike the sport when you see it in person. But that's just me, I guess I'd find it amusing to imagine the look on the guy's face when he's been claiming he'd have to order from Texas or Japan, and then find out that you know there's one in Ann Arbor, and you've all but leased it.
I will be giving them the feedback, I just need to wait a little bit so I am nice about it and not rubbing it in their face. The guys are just trying to pay their own mortgage as best they know how. It just unfortunate parts of it are at my expense, which means me needing to not want to go in there yelling "HA HA, you screwed with the wrong customer!! HA HA Look at my new car that I all but handed you!! HA HA!!", but provide nice calm honest genuine feedback.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
JasonHarper

Or, I could take the real easy way out and just send him a link to this discussion
Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 PM
BlueMalibu

Small world...I also had trouble with Novi and ended up buying in Ann Arbor. I got a G37S 6MT last November. I have Blizzaks on it and it is fine in the snow. It was very difficult to find a RWD manual trans car around here but AA got one for me.

I really don't care for the novi people, i changed sales reps for this purchase b/c i really disliked the last guy I dealt with there, hoping the new guy would work out, no such luck.

I really like the Ann Arbor guys so far. They seem great. I will let you know how this all works out, but so far very impressed.

They offer pick up and drop off at work, home or where ever for their $15 oil changes, and the fact that I'm not local is fine, he says he goes down to findly ohio for a customer, so any where in metro detroit is fine. And, just got off the phone with him and he said he'll have the car in about an hour, so I can test drive and if I like it, we are all good to go, and if i prefer the non sport, he has that one waiting too. So new G today!!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
eauty

Jason,
I too had truble with the Novi site and have ended up at the Troy dealership for my last 2 Infiniti's. I've owned 5 of them and by far the Troy site has been the most user friendly. I'm glad you found a good guy in AA as it would have been a drag to have been stuck with Suburban. PM me with the saleman's last name that was the idiot from Novi. I have a feeling it is the same idiot who caused me to go to Troy a few years ago.
Good luck and you will love your car, trust me!

one more email from Surburban. Sorry if piling on a dealer doesn't belong on this string, it just helps to vent.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:38 PM
SindhiStyle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jason,

Am I reading your post correctly? Ann Arbor charges only $15 for an oil change?!?! WHAT?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
JasonHarper

Originally Posted by SindhiStyle
Jason,

Am I reading your post correctly? Ann Arbor charges only $15 for an oil change?!?! WHAT?
technically, they are $25, but when you buy from them they give you 10 $10 off oil changes, so in effect $15 oil changes.

I can't say enough about the ann arbor experience, they were just great to work with, and the guys seemed like really nice guys. and not once did they say anything remotely close to "so what's it gonna take to bla bla bla"

Here's the shot of my old g35x next to the g37xs just after the plate transfer. The S drove fine in the snow all the way home, it was fitting that we have gotten several inches today, so I was able to play around in the snow on the test drive, and put this to rest for me.

Quick Reply: G37X Sport in the Snow???