X - on/off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IgS
Hey guys

might be a silly question (and i did try searching for it, but there are too many threads and very hard to find info im looking for )

but,

on the 09 g37X i was told by the dealer that the "snow" button completely turns off the AWD and puts 100% to RWD. Is that true? I tried it when it snowed and it does make a big difference, i just wasnt sure if it completely turns off the power to the front wheels and lets them spin freely?
and can you do a regular dyno with the X or do you HAVE to use the AWD dyno?

thx
-IgS
Good grief, I can't believe your dealer actually told you that. Ugh!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Mockenrue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
The Japanese tendency to spike the throttle for "fake" initial tip-in response (as opposed to European cars that tend to use a linear throttle) combined with the G's ridiculously short gearing means that the car is actually more pleasant to drive in normal or heavy traffic conditions with Snow Mode on!
Just curious... do you have a G37x or G35x? I find the tip-in to be on the conservative side, though I've heard that it was more front-loaded on the G35.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mockenrue
Just curious... do you have a G37x or G35x? I find the tip-in to be on the conservative side, though I've heard that it was more front-loaded on the G35.
The tip in on the 07 G's are extremely touchy. It was later corrected by a TSB if you chose to have it done. I never got the TSB done as I actually like the touchy tip in.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Alt G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IgS
haha o wow i feel stupid. I meant to say that leaving the "Snow" button in off disables the AWD. It was late when i wrote that.
Just thought it was like on/off switch that has 100% RWD that never transfer anything to the fronts when off and uses the ATTESA system when on.
Thx for the answers guys, and sorry for the confusion.
Hey - no problem. Still does not change the level of confidence you should have in your salesperson though.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi Alt G
Hey - no problem. Still does not change the level of confidence you should have in your salesperson though.
Haha yea I remember having a heated argument with a mazda salesman about the RX-8 and how the manual and automatic produce different HP and he was confident they were the same. Pretty funny stuff

Back on topic - in regards to throttle response, does anyone know if the X model is more toned down than the Sport or base? the lack of response in the throttle in my 09X is somewhat annoying. I drove the loaner g35 and loved how it responded!! ill ask the dealer about matching the response... we'll se what they say