G37 Sedan

Took a look at the 2010 G37S sedan today

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
The sport seats in the coupe are a lot more contoured and have a "tighter" fit.

Coupe Sport Seats

Sedan Sport Seats
Those aren't sport seats for the sedan. I don't see paddle shifters and they look like the same seats that I have, and I don't have the sport pkg.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ That's correct, those aren't the Sport seats for the Sedan. My Sedan sport seats are posted below. He is correct though that they are a little tighter fit as the Coupe sport seats are more bolstered than the Sedan......if that makes sense. As much as I love my Sport seats, I like the Coupe's much more.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
^ That's correct, those aren't the Sport seats for the Sedan. My Sedan sport seats are posted below. He is correct though that they are a little tighter fit as the Coupe sport seats are more bolstered than the Sedan......if that makes sense. As much as I love my Sport seats, I like the Coupe's much more.

[IMG]snip![/IMG]
Thanks GC for the clarification. I really miss the thigh extenders on my non-sport G.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ I hear ya. I find the the thigh extensions extremely comfortable and really help a lot. The seats in my first G (it was an 03) were ok, but the seats in the 2nd gen are worlds better.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with you Shane. Although I do love my sedan sport seats, I love the 37 coupe sport seats so much more.

I hope someone sells me a pair in stone color.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 PM
redz06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Seats are a PITA

Originally Posted by Sytrash
I think there are probably equal number of people who likes the sport seat vs don't like it. I personally think it is a great sport seat, the support is just right and very comfortable. Which part of it do u not like?
The seat back and bolstering fits my back perfectly. The seat bottom feels like I am sitting on two steel bars which run parallel to but well inside the seat tracks. It is not a matter of too much fat here guys; maybe it is too little. These bars are directly under my legbones and it is mildly uncomfortable after a 5 minute spin around the block. I can only imagine how it would feel on a long trip.

Apparently there is a fix which involves removing the seat and cutting out the bars that the inflatable support bags bear against. The fix is well documented on the Edmunds site forums or I can post a copy if folks are interested. I just don't think it is reasonable for me to be cutting up a $37,000 car to get a comfortable ride.

I don't want the auto tranny, smaller brake, slower steering standard car, and besides, the seats in the standard car don't hold my bottom or my back in place as well as I like while cornering.

If your bottom fits the sport seat and it makes you feel good about yourself, more power to you. If you buy the car and you later find you have a PITA on trips, don't say you didn't read about it here.

I don't expect Infiniti to build a car that is a custom fit for my body, but I do expect them to consider their market and build a car that fits 90% of their target market. From what I understand from a local dealer, there are plenty of complaints about it, and they normally end up selling the customer on a standard Journey. BTW, the roof on the G37 coupe hits my head, and has ever since the first generation car with a sunroof. How many of you here have that problem?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:42 PM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by redz06
BTW, the roof on the G37 coupe hits my head, and has ever since the first generation car with a sunroof. How many of you here have that problem?
Not me.....no sunroof!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
SCWells72

I'm 6'1" and ~175lbs. I'm taking the 2010 G37S 6MT for a drive in about an hour. I'll try to pay attention to seat comfort and where my head is relative to the sunroof once I adjust the seat to my preferences. I'll try to post impressions here later this afternoon.

UPDATE: Okay, I drove the car just after lunch today. It definitely drives really well. The last time I drove a G, it was the '07 G35 right after it was released. That car also drove well, but I can tell a difference in the increased power from the 0.2L engine bump, and the transmission seemed quite a bit easier to drive smoothly. I didn't have any issues with the tranny at all.

While the G37S pretty much matches the performance stats of my S4 in all regards, the two cars feel very different. The S4 immediately pushes you back in the seat with the low-end torque offered by the V8, but the G37S doesn't feel quite as powerful immediately and then power builds very steadily...the whole SWELL thing they market around the torque curve of the engine. No doubt once you hit the fat of the torque curve, though, the car moves very nicely. It makes better sounds than I'd expected as well. Again, I love the V8 growl of my S4, but the G37S certainly sounds good under WOT.

I didn't have any issues with seat comfort, and because I generally lower the seat to the lowest setting on both the seat and the cushion, my head didn't come close to the roof even with the sunroof. No issues there, either.

At this point I think it's just a matter of figuring out when I want to move on a new car. I own my S4 outright so I'd like to push off a new payment for a few months so that I strike the right balance of taking advantage of the remainder of my extended warranty (<1 year now) and not risking owning my S4 without any warranty. I know custom order times can be ~3 months, so something to factor in as well.

I'll post back when I make a decision, but right now I'm pretty sure this will be my next car.

Last edited by SCWells72; 01-20-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:17 PM
trey100

I had a 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT and now a 2009 G37xS sedan, and in both cases the seats are comfortable all around EXCEPT the bottom right bolster that is up against my leg. Back in 2004 the excuse was that the power controls were located there and that was causing the pain. No buttons there in 2009 but it feels just the same. I'm convinced it's the same seat with the hardware covered for the new seats. It feels like my leg is resting on a hard solid surface. If I purposely push my legs closer together it is slightly better but that's not comfortable either. I'm 6' 185 lbs.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Canadian144

Originally Posted by redz06
BTW, the roof on the G37 coupe hits my head, and has ever since the first generation car with a sunroof. How many of you here have that problem?
I never sat in the 1st gen G35, but I have no headroom in most Nissan cars I find. Barely any in my old Altima SE-R (w/ sunroof), my head hit the roof in the old G35x (07), and currently in the G37x my head constantly is hitting the roof unless I sit weirdly. Not that big of a deal, you get used to it after a minute. But that's why I drive an 09 STI and my mom has the G37x.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by Canadian144
I never sat in the 1st gen G35, but I have no headroom in most Nissan cars I find. Barely any in my old Altima SE-R (w/ sunroof), my head hit the roof in the old G35x (07), and currently in the G37x my head constantly is hitting the roof unless I sit weirdly. Not that big of a deal, you get used to it after a minute. But that's why I drive an 09 STI and my mom has the G37x.
Move the seat down...I'm 6'3 and fit fine in my Convertible. Maybe I'm just used to having my head near the roof, lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Kwang

Another option is to help the poor car/seats out by losing some weight.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Canadian144

Hah the seat is as low as it will go! I think I just have to sit further forward, where there is more roof space.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM
tda

For the guys who are fitting/not fitting in the sport seats, it would be useful to post your jean waist size also..! I mean height and weight is all good but hard to judge if that weight is lean mean muscle or blubber....

I'm doing the sport seat juggle too, looking to purchase a 2010G but the G37x coupe AWD doesn't have sport seats as an option! If it had it would be bought already. Now its a choice between G37 Coupe RWD w sport seats or AWD w/o.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:51 PM
woj027
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tda
For the guys who are fitting/not fitting in the sport seats, it would be useful to post your jean waist size also..! I mean height and weight is all good but hard to judge if that weight is lean mean muscle or blubber....

I'm doing the sport seat juggle too, looking to purchase a 2010G but the G37x coupe AWD doesn't have sport seats as an option! If it had it would be bought already. Now its a choice between G37 Coupe RWD w sport seats or AWD w/o.

I have a 2010 G37x. I am just over 6 feet tall, I have a 32 inch inseam. With that I have the seat as low as it will go reclined some, and I still feel the roof every once in a while. the stated 39.1 inches of headroom is way too short if it's true I would love to have 41 inches of headroom before I sit down.

Quick Reply: Took a look at the 2010 G37S sedan today