G37 Sedan

Took a look at the 2010 G37S sedan today

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
colburs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you want them to make a special seat for you? Do you really think they'll do that? Do you really think they even have the resources to do a one-off seat without running it through some super special show car program? Even if you got to talk to someone at Nissan what do you think they would say to you?

FWIW I am 6'3", 240lbs and other than it being a little tight in the hips I think the sport seats are awesome. I guess i have a different expectation of a sport seat than you do.

Also FWIW I've read some pretty horrible reviews of the seats in Corvettes. I think it may have been a review of the Z06 seats which I'm assuming is their sportier style.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by colburs
you want them to make a special seat for you? Do you really think they'll do that? Do you really think they even have the resources to do a one-off seat without running it through some super special show car program? Even if you got to talk to someone at Nissan what do you think they would say to you?

FWIW I am 6'3", 240lbs and other than it being a little tight in the hips I think the sport seats are awesome. I guess i have a different expectation of a sport seat than you do.

Also FWIW I've read some pretty horrible reviews of the seats in Corvettes. I think it may have been a review of the Z06 seats which I'm assuming is their sportier style.
I think they would....They modified the car extensively for the Euro market, why aren't they for us? I have a non-sport, so not an issue for me, but have sat in my friends S and am too fat for comfort...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Sytrash

I think there are probably equal number of people who likes the sport seat vs don't like it. I personally think it is a great sport seat, the support is just right and very comfortable. Which part of it do u not like?
Originally Posted by redz06
I drove a new 2010 6MT sedan in Houston on Friday. It was rainy, not the best time to test drive a new car, but the salesman was ready and he did not know how to drive a manual, so I did not hesitate. What can I say, it drives just like the 2009 6MT does -- great.

One thing I have to bitch about is that Infiniti STILL has not fixed the sport seat, so even my short drive was not comfortable .

This is not an isolated problem, it has been reported in the G35 and G37 forums before and is being roundly ignored by Infiniti. The sport seats in my Z06 Corvette are fine, and the Infiniti sport seats can be too when they are fixed.

The sales manager from Southwest Infiniti called me today and asked me what it was going to take to get me into the car. I told him that Infiniti should listen to their customers and fix the sport seat design to accomodate the body frame of their American customers. We are not all 5'-4" tall and 140 lbs. This is not an unreasonable ask -- after all, they have moved the steering wheel from the right side to the left.

The sales manager agreed with me about the sports seats and said they get the same response a lot. I asked him if there was anyone he could point me to in coorporate who was interested to discuss the customer viewpoint. He told me that there was no one I could tak to. I have owned a G35 for over 7 years and driven it 80,000 miles; one would think I have a valid opinion.

So here I am, a viable customer for a 2010 6MT, but Infiniti is not meeting me at the marketplace. If Infiniti expects for me to replace my 2003 G35 with one of the 2010s, they are going to have to fix the seat so I can drive it comfortably before there will be any deal.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO, the Sports seats are extremely comfortable. Whether on short drives or long road trips, I find that the seats are comfortable and supportive. IMO, Infiniti can't possibly design a seat for everyone's personal tastes and body sizes.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Love the sport seats. I am 6'-2" 190 lbs.....
Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Arvig

Hmmm..reading some of the comments about expecting them to cater to a specific person..ever see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer meets his long lost brother, who owns a car factory? And his brother lets Homer design a new car....that car catered to everything Homer wanted it to be...and it ended up an ugly horrid absurd car. :P

Okay, maybe not the best analogy. But I guess with any car I know there might be an item that I don't like despite thinking it's a great car. If I purchase, it boils down to if the negatives are very few, and if I can live with said negatives. If I can, and every positive is screaming "Yes, buy me!" then I do. If not, I walk on and look at another make and/or model of car.

So not flaming you, but to the people expecting Infiniti to make a sport seat JUST for them well...all I can say is if they made the perfect seat for YOU, how many others would then complain, and would the complaints be more then the complaints that might be out there now?

Then again, the comparsion of making a car right or left hand drive for a specfic market is an apples to oranges comparsion at best. That is something they almost HAVE to do, other then someone specfically wanting a car with the wheel on the 'wrong" side for their country's roads to be unique, no-one probably wants a car with the wheel on the wrong side for where they drive. It would be WAY too much of a hit in sales. A seat that is uncomfortable for some but comfortable for others is too hard to predict. All they can do is use a base model of whom they think will be in the car, and hope it covers most of their customers. I personally think they have done this, but all I can do is go on opinion on that. As an aside, to be fair I do own a G37x but I did ask to sit in some "s" models at my dealership the day we signed the papers just to do it, and I found the seat fine. I'm not tall but I'm also not svelte and I didn't have issues just going by sitting in the car. *shrug*

Last edited by Arvig; 01-19-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Found a line that kind of doesn't make sense, so better edit it!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I also love the sport seat but I'm on the short side 5'7" 180lbs.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

^ Same here.......5'8", 165lbs.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:43 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm 6' 195 lbs and the sport seats are fine for me. A freind of mine who is 220 lbs finds them comfortable too (he's super lean though, it's all muscle).

I read an article back in the summer that said Japanese and European car manufacturers were making their seats 1" - 2" wider for the North American market to account for all the overweight people.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM
WildcatG

Are the sport seats any different in the coupe than the sedan? I have a sedan and I'm a big guy 6'3" - 240 (working on bringing that down though) and absolutely love the sport seat. It hasn't bothered me yet, even after a few 8 hour road trips.

The only thing I dislike about the seat is how much I miss it when driving other cars (even a non-sport G sedan loaner from the dealership). I just feel like I'm sliding back and forth on even the slightest turn.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I read an article back in the summer that said Japanese and European car manufacturers were making their seats 1" - 2" wider for the North American market to account for all the overweight people.
That's sad.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I'm 6' 195 lbs and the sport seats are fine for me. A freind of mine who is 220 lbs finds them comfortable too (he's super lean though, it's all muscle).

Unfortunately, that does not surprise me one bit. NA is definitely one obese continent overall.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by WildcatG
Are the sport seats any different in the coupe than the sedan? I have a sedan and I'm a big guy 6'3" - 240 (working on bringing that down though) and absolutely love the sport seat. It hasn't bothered me yet, even after a few 8 hour road trips.

The only thing I dislike about the seat is how much I miss it when driving other cars (even a non-sport G sedan loaner from the dealership). I just feel like I'm sliding back and forth on even the slightest turn.
Yes, they are different.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Yes, they are different.
How so? Got any pics? I never knew they had different seats.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crazjayz
How so? Got any pics? I never knew they had different seats.
The sport seats in the coupe are a lot more contoured and have a "tighter" fit.

Coupe Sport Seats

Sedan Sport Seats

Quick Reply: Took a look at the 2010 G37S sedan today