G37 Sedan

Garage door opening 2009 g37x

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
super2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garage door opening 2009 g37x

Hi, I am having problems with the "homelink" ..i program the garage door opener to open my garage following the extensive steps in the book because I have modern garage door openers (two door garage with each seperate garage door openers). This programing works for about 2weeks - it will only open the garage door that I programmed it for. But after two weeks, when I press the open garage door button from the g37x ... it opens both of my garage doors. I have to reprogram it and it lasts for two week more ...this is getting furstrating ... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
did you go on homelink.com?

hold the first and third button on the homelink for 60 seconds to reset it and do it over again.

let it relearn the rolling codes and obviously do it on seperate buttons.

homelink.com does help provide you very useful information to specific garage door types and their 1800# customer service is superb.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by super2010
Hi, I am having problems with the "homelink" ..i program the garage door opener to open my garage following the extensive steps in the book because I have modern garage door openers (two door garage with each seperate garage door openers). This programing works for about 2weeks - it will only open the garage door that I programmed it for. But after two weeks, when I press the open garage door button from the g37x ... it opens both of my garage doors. I have to reprogram it and it lasts for two week more ...this is getting furstrating ... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I had an intermittent problem with my homelink. The unit worked from time to time and when it worked the G had to be within 5 feet from the garage door.

The dealer couldn't find any error code at the shop. They had to come to my place to confirm the problem. A new unit was ordered and replaced. Problem solved.<O</O
Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recall another member posting the same issue. If you search you should find it.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
mw09g37

sorry I have to ask how you're programming the homelink.

Are you programming your garage opener to your remote control, and then the car to the remote, and let the garage learn the programming from your car.

i have a 3 car garage door layout and haven't had any issues. opening 1, 2 and all 3 of them. (using separate buttons) this is with a 3 button remote control if that helps. (a 1 won't work, a 2 might have issues) first batch of 09 released.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Danny Boy

3-Step Programing:

1) Clear the memory in your car's Homelink
2) Program the car to the remote control
3) Link the garage "learn" to your car

It is in Section 2-57 of the Owner's Manual.
The following users liked this post:
BOOM_FIST (02-09-2022)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 AM
super2010

Thanks for all replying .. I have done all the steps as indicated .. based on the replys I called Homelink (did not know they had a service desk) .... I reset everything .. even the 2nd garge door opener while 1st garage door opener was unplugged from the electrical outlet (the one I use) ... now it is time to wait and see what happens ...

Thanks again ...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
super2010

Hi, I called Homelink few weeks goes..and they guided me on how to set up the homelink ... exactly what I was doing ..except they made me re-program the 2nd garage door opener to a new code with the first one unplugged from the electrical outlit.

Guess what ...2 weeks later ..I have the same crappy problem...both garabe doors are opening and closing when I press the first progammed homelink button.... I have not programmed another other homelink buttons to the 2nd garage door .. .going to take it to the dealer ...fed up with this ... it has been 5months that I have been fighting with this issue ....

Last edited by super2010; 02-04-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
t8er

i have the same exact problem....ok for 2 weeks then controls both doors....i have resorted to just using the clickers and forgetting about the homelink......
Old 02-06-2010, 07:20 PM
super2010

I think the problem is with homelink version 3 ... Now they are replacing it with Version 4 which has more codes/frequencies that take care of this issue .. I am working on getting mine replace.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Danny Boy

Originally Posted by super2010
I think the problem is with homelink version 3 ... Now they are replacing it with Version 4 which has more codes/frequencies that take care of this issue .. I am working on getting mine replace.
How do you know which version you have?

I don't have any of your problems but would surely like to find out which version of Homelink I have.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 AM
WRXXX

I live in a condo that uses a credit card size card for access. However I cannot program the homelink on my G to open the garage door. Does anybody know how it is done or if it is even possible? Tks
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny Boy
I had an intermittent problem with my homelink. The unit worked from time to time and when it worked the G had to be within 5 feet from the garage door.

The dealer couldn't find any error code at the shop. They had to come to my place to confirm the problem. A new unit was ordered and replaced. Problem solved.<O</O
I hate bumping an old thread but I have the same problem. However, in my case it's only for one of my gararge doors. I have a double car gararge and can always open one door via the Homelink mirror. The other door seems to work intermittently and I have to be almost up against the door to have it work.

I know it's not the door opener since it'll open up without any problems if I use the remote that came with the door opener.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Danny Boy

John:

I had to get the tech to my house to try it out. He played around with it for 60 min and concluded it was the Homelink's fault.
<O</O
<O</O
It took a long time to order a new mirror. After they replaced the unit, it has been running fine.<O</O

It was a painful exercise to reset the doors with three cars!
Old 07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
rohardi

I live in an condo/apartment complex and we have a garage.I think it has a rolling code as I can not get my car to pair with the opener. Is there an easy way to set my home link with out calling the maintenance guys????

Quick Reply: Garage door opening 2009 g37x