G37 Sedan

Ventureshield clearbra on liquid platinum G37?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ventureshield clearbra on liquid platinum G37?

Does anyone have either 3M or Ventureshield clearbra on their silver G37? How visible is it? I am leaning towards Ventureshield because of the orange peel look reported by some on their 3M film.

UPDATE: Here are some pics

Last edited by FourT2; 01-11-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: adding pics
Old 01-05-2010, 05:29 AM
bikecop136

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FourT2
Does anyone have either 3M or Ventureshield clearbra on their silver G37? How visible is it? I am leaning towards Ventureshield because of the orange peel look reported by some on their 3M film.

I Have it on my silver G37. Only visible part is if you are looking directly at the hood of the car. Looks great and has saved my front end and hood alot....
Old 01-05-2010, 06:21 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Xpel clear bra on my Silver Alloy Nismo 350Z and I agree with bikecop136. Well worth it IMHO.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Invisibra

I have it (xpel) on my whole hood & fenders, & unless I tell people it is there, nobody can tell. (Lumar on the front bumper & on the roof, from the sunroof to the windshield, & a-pillars) But, unless you do the FULL hood, you will see the line where it ends, either at 18", or 24", etc... I consider this to be better than rock chips, or bug & bird goo damage by far.

Any high-metalic paint job, especially light colors like the Liquid Platinum hides the paint protection film very well.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
FourT2

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am getting ventureshield full front kit, door edge guards and trunk/bumper kit installed today, will post pictures when its done to show how it turned out.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
colburs

Good timing...I just got back from visiting a film applicator. He does 3M, Ventureshield and Xpel. He only recommends the Xpel films though over the past few years he's installed all three. He believes the latest Xpel films outperform the others. He showed me examples of each on cars he had (ventureshield on silver 911 Turbo, 3M on Black F150, Xpel on Black F150) and I agree that the Xpel looks the most like clearcoat (shiny and clear).

I don't know a lot about these products but from what he showed me the Xpel was the best looking. It had been on the F150 for 1 year. The Ventureshield had a slight yellowing effect and had the heaviest orange peel look of the three. He also said that Ventureshield pattern have many more seems and gaps than Xpel.

This guy quoted $600 for bikini cut partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, and upper surface of rear bumper (aka "luggage area"). To step up to full hood and full fenders is $1,200. I think this is pretty good pricing.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
looslip

I had xpel on my nissan maxima. My car was black so after waxing I would have a thin visible line due to the wax but it would go away after driving around for a bit.

I was quoted $900 for A pillar, partial hood, front bumper, mirrors and fenders. I guess thats not too bad for a dealer install right?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by colburs
The Ventureshield had a slight yellowing effect and had the heaviest orange peel look of the three.
I can't debate if I didn't see it myself, but the one thing about Ventureshield is the opposite of that comment. VS is perfectly clear and hardly any orange peel compared to the legacy 3M product which I saw on my neighbor's Lexus and that clearly had a yellowing tint and heavy look to it. With a good polish on the VS it's virtually invisible, but as many have said the results really depend on the installer.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Hitdog540

Completely agree

If you see a line after waxing, just take a tee shirt and fingernail and it is gone. Absolutely worth it.

Blue slate G37xs Nav. prem., ventureshield
Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by colburs
Good timing...I just got back from visiting a film applicator. He does 3M, Ventureshield and Xpel. He only recommends the Xpel films though over the past few years he's installed all three. He believes the latest Xpel films outperform the others. He showed me examples of each on cars he had (ventureshield on silver 911 Turbo, 3M on Black F150, Xpel on Black F150) and I agree that the Xpel looks the most like clearcoat (shiny and clear).

I don't know a lot about these products but from what he showed me the Xpel was the best looking. It had been on the F150 for 1 year. The Ventureshield had a slight yellowing effect and had the heaviest orange peel look of the three. He also said that Ventureshield pattern have many more seems and gaps than Xpel.

This guy quoted $600 for bikini cut partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, and upper surface of rear bumper (aka "luggage area"). To step up to full hood and full fenders is $1,200. I think this is pretty good pricing.
Intersting. VentureShield has always been known for having the least amount of orange peel out there. I have installed both Xpel and VentureShield and have always found Venture to be the better film. I have never seen VentureShield yellow and it has far less orange peel (practically non) compared to 3M and Xpel. I would bet you just about anything that he showed you 3M and passed it off as Ventureshield. It has a LOT of orange peel and has had yellowing problems in the past. As far as VentureShield patterns... they are not near the quality of Xpel or Proform Design patterns. But that is a really simple fix. Cut VentureShield film with an Xpel pattern. I do it all of the time. I am guessing that your installer switched over to Xpel for one reason or another and is now pushing Xpel film/patterns because he is paying out the nose for the Xpel pattern database. Bottom line is Venture is the better film and Xpel has better patterns. Oh and one other thing to consider about Xpel, their stocks have tanked over the least few years. If they go under you will not have a warranty on your film. The good thing about VentureShield is it is owned by 3M (still two different films) and the chances of 3M going under are slim to none.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
colburs

Intersting. VentureShield has always been known for having the least amount of orange peel out there. I have installed both Xpel and VentureShield and have always found Venture to be the better film. I have never seen VentureShield yellow and it has far less orange peel (practically non) compared to 3M and Xpel. I would bet you just about anything that he showed you 3M and passed it off as Ventureshield. It has a LOT of orange peel and has had yellowing problems in the past. As far as VentureShield patterns... they are not near the quality of Xpel or Proform Design patterns. But that is a really simple fix. Cut VentureShield film with an Xpel pattern. I do it all of the time. I am guessing that your installer switched over to Xpel for one reason or another and is now pushing Xpel film/patterns because he is paying out the nose for the Xpel pattern database. Bottom line is Venture is the better film and Xpel has better patterns. Oh and one other thing to consider about Xpel, their stocks have tanked over the least few years. If they go under you will not have a warranty on your film. The good thing about VentureShield is it is owned by 3M (still two different films) and the chances of 3M going under are slim to none.
good info....sounds like he was blowing smoke up my dress. I think i'll steer clear. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
woj027
Registered Member

I just had the 3M product installed on my 2010 G37x. And actually xpel did not have the specs for the new 2010 bumper, so I have to go back next week when my vendor gets the new pattern for the 2010.

But I love the protection I have door edge covers, front hood, lights and front fenders and eventually full bumper/grill.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Kwang

Originally Posted by woj027
I just had the 3M product installed on my 2010 G37x. And actually xpel did not have the specs for the new 2010 bumper, so I have to go back next week when my vendor gets the new pattern for the 2010.

But I love the protection I have door edge covers, front hood, lights and front fenders and eventually full bumper/grill.
Speaking of door edge covers, does anyone have anything in mind for a do-it-yourself? Like buying strips of these things from a website/retail store and install them yourself at home?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:19 AM
FourT2

Updated the first post with pics of the installed product. Got full front kit, door cups, door edges, and trunk/bumper kit, all Ventureshield. Came out nearly perfect. As you can see from the pics you can't really see the film on a silver car unless you are right in front of it and are looking for it. My installer was Jay from Jay's Tint Shop in Kirkland, WA. He does installs for our Infiniti dealer here. I also got the tint from him, 20% all around, he did a very nice job.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 AM
chuwontis

Hi,anyone can recommend a installer in NYC area and how much for hood and front fender...and maybe the upper portion of the rear bumper. thanks.

Quick Reply: Ventureshield clearbra on liquid platinum G37?