Your opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:51 PM
kapyt
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your opinion please

Hello!
I'm a new owner of 2009 G37X. Finally pulled a trigger on Dec 31st. So far I like the car very much and can't wait to put 1200 miles on the car so I can do some aggressive driving (the book says to take it easy before then). I ended up paying $32,850 + taxes on $39,710 MSRP price. The car came with a premium package, winter mats, cargo net, wheel locks, security impact sensor, splash guards, illuminated kick plates, trunk mat with Infiniti logo, and they will also install a clear hood bra + mirrors + door handles + doors' edges film protectors. In your opinion, was it a good price?
Thanks and I'm looking forward for a positive experience from G37 ownership!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:58 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
As the owner of an '09 G37xS sedan, it certainly sounds like you got a fair price. Ultimately, it comes down to whether you got the package that you want. I know I did!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$7K off MSRP is definitely good. Some may have gotten a bit more but it's in the right ballpark for an '09.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
mw09g37

it's the end of the year. if you managed to find the car you want the end of the year incentives are more than enough reason to be happy.

7k off msrp on a car you wanted that's like 3k below invoice. any of us early adopters would love for that situation. but we're a lot pickier... ha ha i mean shoot all of the early adopters bought every package.

you've got a good car tho the AWD G37x doesn't need a lot of the optiosn and journey premium is a great car. the nav would've been nice cause it changes the interface a bit but hell get a garmin and everything is gravy.

congrats on your purchase.!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Gesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody gotten $7k off a 2009 G coupe or sedan PLUS the low financing from IFS?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 AM
jmark

When negogiating a deal always work from invoice price not off MSRP. Deal sounds pretty good.

http://www.truecar.com/index.html

Last edited by jmark; 01-03-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Ross57

I purchased a new 2009 G37x sedan, premium package, yesterday in Albany, NY. Same MSRP ($39,710), same price ($32,850), but without most of the extras you received. So, because it makes me feel better, I'd say you got an excellent deal! Can I ask where you purchased?
Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Gesus
Has anybody gotten $7k off a 2009 G coupe or sedan PLUS the low financing from IFS?
If you're talking about the 0.0% financing from IFS, that's gonna be a hard sell. They were doing $2500 dealer cash back or IFS financing. $7k back on top of that would mean the dealer is loosing another $2500-$3500 (due to the $1000 seasonal discount) since both cannot be applied.

Whichever dealer agrees to that, all I can say is OUCH.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
kapyt
Registered Member

I got mine in Denver, Colorado. Considering that all-wheel drive vehicles are quite popular here, I didn't hesitate to pay the amount. Of course the swanted more, in the neighborhood of $34K, but we have 3 dealerships in Denver area, so I had them match each other every time, and at the end went with the one who gave me all the extras (Mike Ward Infiniti).
Old 01-03-2010, 03:14 PM
kapyt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jmark
When negogiating a deal always work from invoice price not off MSRP. Deal sounds pretty good.

New Car Pricing, Actual Dealer Cost, Rebates & Incentives | TrueCar
Yes, that's how I started. I also got a price from overstock dot com, which I submitted to the dealer to match. Man, some dealers think you are clueless.. As an example, when I submitted the quote request originally, the very first response was $500 over invoice (36K). The very same dealer eventually dropped the price to a bit more than $33K. I refused.. I think I had an advantage over these dealers because it was 2009, last day of the year, 3 dealers competition and excessive inventory of 2009 models. I know they still made money on me, but it's fine. Bottom line was, we all were happy
Old 01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
kapyt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crazjayz
If you're talking about the 0.0% financing from IFS, that's gonna be a hard sell. They were doing $2500 dealer cash back or IFS financing. $7k back on top of that would mean the dealer is loosing another $2500-$3500 (due to the $1000 seasonal discount) since both cannot be applied.

Whichever dealer agrees to that, all I can say is OUCH.
I tried to pull this with G37X Sedan, but they all refused, no matter how hard I tried to negotiate..
Old 01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
kapyt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mw09g37
it's the end of the year. if you managed to find the car you want the end of the year incentives are more than enough reason to be happy.

7k off msrp on a car you wanted that's like 3k below invoice. any of us early adopters would love for that situation. but we're a lot pickier... ha ha i mean shoot all of the early adopters bought every package.

you've got a good car tho the AWD G37x doesn't need a lot of the optiosn and journey premium is a great car. the nav would've been nice cause it changes the interface a bit but hell get a garmin and everything is gravy.

congrats on your purchase.!
Thanks! This is reassuring Yes, I was debating whether to buy or not NAV package, but I had already had nice Garmin unit, so I figured I could use it in my new G and save some money too. Lack of desired interior colors was a decisive factor too. Sport package, people say, decreases the ground clearance a bit, and this might be troublesome in Colorado winter storms, so I nixed it..
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Ross57

Originally Posted by kapyt
I got mine in Denver, Colorado. Considering that all-wheel drive vehicles are quite popular here, I didn't hesitate to pay the amount. Of course the swanted more, in the neighborhood of $34K, but we have 3 dealerships in Denver area, so I had them match each other every time, and at the end went with the one who gave me all the extras (Mike Ward Infiniti).

The dealership in Albany is the only one within 80 miles. But I did get quotes from four others within a 200-mile radius, and told the dealer here that I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of them--which was the truth. When the local dealer, who by and large was pretty straightforward, came within a few hundred dollars of the best offer, that was good enough. I suppose I could beat myself up for not asking for some of the extras (especially Clear Bra) that others on this helpful forum have gotten, but I'm satisfied with the deal that I received and am looking forward to picking up my G37x tomorrow. Enjoy yours!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
drahc

Yep good price with end of the year pricing and getting ready for 2010 models... up here in MA they had the $41,380 models (Nav+Prem+Locks+Cargo Net+Cargo Mat+Mud Flaps *I think this was all the base extras, I got them to throw in an auto starter on top with great financing rate) for $33,999.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
TLeong

2009 G37x w/sunroof for $31,000 here....

Quick Reply: Your opinion please