G37 Sedan

Compatible Bluetooth Cell Phones

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
HoustonG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compatible Bluetooth Cell Phones

Hey all,

I am getting ready to renew my cell contract and will be getting a new cell phone. However, before I purchase the new phone, I want to ensure that it will work with our Bluetooth system. I've run into problems in the past where the list on the Infiniti website says something will work but actually doesn't or will drop the call on a regular basis. Additionally, the current list of compatabile phones on the Infiniti website is out of date. Most of the phones in the stores aren't on the list.

My current carrier is Verizon but I may go with AT&T. Anyone know of a new phone that works well with our system or can offer guidance on which ones to avoid? Some of the phones I've considered are:
  • IPhone (3G and 3GS),
  • Motorola Droid,
  • HTC Droid Eris,
  • LG enV Touch (VX-11000),
  • Samsung Rogue.
I'm also open to less sophisticated phones as well. Any help that someone could provide would be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
MParker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use an iPhone and a Blackberry. Both connect via Bluetooth to my G37S and my Maxima.

Any Bluetooth compatible phone should work in hands free mode. iPods and iPhone do have a connector to allow you to download data and music into the hard drive.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Any BT compatible phones will work for placing and answering calls, the only thing you won't be able to do if your phone is not on the Infiniti's list is download the phone's phonebook into the car's memory. In any case, the car's phonebook is limited to 40 entries and I have way more than that so I would not use that feature anyway.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
hawkeye98

I have a BB Tour 9630 and it works flawlessly....had an issue early on where it wouldn't hang up and the person on the other end couldn't hear me, but a hard reset (yanked the battery out while the phone was still on) took care of the problem. The phone connects/disconnects properly everytime I enter/exit the car, and I haven't had a failed in-call connection (yet) since the hard reset.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 PM
mindonmatter

I have a 3Gs iPhone and it works great, WITH the exception that it won't allow you to do a BT address book transfer to your car, which is a real bitch. Aside from that, no probs. That's Apple's fault though, not Infiniti's.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:33 PM
BocaIvan

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
I have a 3Gs iPhone and it works great, WITH the exception that it won't allow you to do a BT address book transfer to your car, which is a real bitch. Aside from that, no probs. That's Apple's fault though, not Infiniti's.
^^^werd^^^
Old 12-30-2009, 10:04 PM
allagaroo

Moto Droid bluetooth in G37

I read in some of the forums that the Droid has a lot of static and an echo in the Infiniti. It didn't seem to be alleviated with the Android 2.0.1 upgrade. I have a 2010 G37xS on order and I would like to stay with Verizon since my wife has a new Verizon LG Chocolate. Otherwise I would like the iphone 3G/3GS. Anyone have a Moto Droid working successfully in a G37? If not how are iphones working?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
rwong410

Sucks that you can't transfer the entire phonebook via bluetooth without navigation...
Old 12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
allagaroo

Originally Posted by rwong410
Sucks that you can't transfer the entire phonebook via bluetooth without navigation...
Can you transfer the entire phonebook with nav?????????
Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
drahc

Infiniti does have a FAQ on it.. Infiniti Bluetooth FAQ - Infiniti USA

May be some info there.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
allagaroo

Originally Posted by drahc
Infiniti does have a FAQ on it.. Infiniti Bluetooth FAQ - Infiniti USA

May be some info there.
Nothing on Droid or iphone 3G. Only first version iphone. You would think that phones that popular would be tested promptly.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
allagaroo

try this site HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Bluetooth Car Capability -Infiniti-
J
Old 12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by allagaroo
Can you transfer the entire phonebook with nav?????????
Yes. The downloaded address book and the car's address book are separate. You can copy an entry from the phones book to the cars.

I have not been impressed with the downloaded phonebook option.

The phones downloaded address book is not accessible when the car is moving.

My blackberry has mulitple phone numbers per person. When it was downloaded I get the persons name one time per phone number with no indication of which number it is.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:47 AM
mindonmatter

Let me clear up any misinformation or confusion going on here....

The car allows bluetooth transfers, depending on which phone you have. The iPhone does not allow transfers, regardless of which car you have.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:03 AM
woj027
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Let me clear up any misinformation or confusion going on here....

The car allows bluetooth transfers, depending on which phone you have. The iPhone does not allow transfers, regardless of which car you have.

Can you create a phone book within Infiniti's system that can be used to call someone through your Iphone (or other phones)?

Or is what you are saying is that someone with an Iphone and an Infiiniti Car cannot place outgoing calls, only receive them?

Quick Reply: Compatible Bluetooth Cell Phones