G37 Sedan

Compatible Bluetooth Cell Phones

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
mindonmatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by woj027
Can you create a phone book within Infiniti's system that can be used to call someone through your Iphone (or other phones)?

Or is what you are saying is that someone with an Iphone and an Infiiniti Car cannot place outgoing calls, only receive them?
You can place outgoing calls. What I'm saying is that you can't download your phone book to the car from your iPhone. The iphone works perfectly fine, there's just no easy way to get your contacts transferred into the car.

To make calls:
1.) You can manually enter your contacts into your car's phone book, and then place calls like that(with any phone). Or,
2.) You can use your iPhone to place calls like you normally would(dial a number or choose a contact). The phone will still be paired to the car, utilizing the BT handsfree system, and will work just like it should. That is the easiest option. There's no way I'm manually entering all my contacts into the car.

Last edited by mindonmatter; 12-31-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM
woj027
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
You can place outgoing calls. What I'm saying is that you can't download your phone book to the car from your iPhone. The iphone works perfectly fine, there's just no easy way to get your contacts transferred into the car.

To make calls:
1.) You can manually enter your contacts into your car's phone book, and then place calls like that(with any phone). Or,
2.) You can use your iPhone to place calls like you normally would(dial a number or choose a contact). The phone will still be paired to the car, utilizing the BT handsfree system, and will work just like it should. That is the easiest option. There's no way I'm manually entering all my contacts into the car.

OK thanks. I just wasn't sure about item (1) because Apple gets snooty sometimes with other applications and their phone.

This is good news for me, because my wife had to buy a Jabra Handsfree Speaker for her phone, and she cannot make outgoing calls because the Iphone won't let the voice activation of the Jabra connect to the Iphone and search her phone book (Iphone 3g)
Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Kwang

I'm using the Nokia N95 8GB and it works perfectly fine. No one ever complained about noise or not being able to hear me so far. It is possible to transfer your contacts one by one to the car as well. Have not played with it enough to see if it would be possible to transfer a batch of contacts to the car.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
ligero3

Can you create a phone book within Infiniti's system that can be used to call someone through your Iphone (or other phones)?

Or is what you are saying is that someone with an Iphone and an Infiiniti Car cannot place outgoing calls, only receive them?
iPhone works well in the G37. The only limitation is that the iPhone address book cannot be downloaded into the G37, because iPhone does not support BlueTooth Object Exchange. Sure, that sucks. However, form a practical point of view, I don't care because apparently the G37 address book is limited to only 40 entries.

Also, I suspect that on phones that support BlueTooth Object Exchange, must one manually re-sync when a contact in the phone changes. This is another reason I don't care about the inability of iPhone to download the address book.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
x95stacey

Yes, you can create a new phonebook within Infiniti's system. You just have to do each contact individually so it takes some time.

I have an iphone 3Gs and it works just fine placing and receiving calls.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM
woj027
Registered Member

Originally Posted by x95stacey
Yes, you can create a new phonebook within Infiniti's system. You just have to do each contact individually so it takes some time.

I have an iphone 3Gs and it works just fine placing and receiving calls.

I just picked up a 2010 G37 and my Iphone seems to work great with it. My Iphone Contact List shows up on the Infiniti Display, and I can select names manually and call them.

I do think there might be an issue with call waiting. I was on the phone today and someone else called me and my phone shut off. Hopefully it was a glitch...
Old 01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Hamed87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no problems with both my current (iPhone) and previous phones (Sony Ericsson P900i). The only issue I'd bring up is that for some reason my voice is a bit weaker with my iPhone that it was on my P990i. Not significant enough for me to throw away my iPhone (don't you just love that thing? )
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 PM
downsc123

Originally Posted by hawkeye98
I have a BB Tour 9630 and it works flawlessly....had an issue early on where it wouldn't hang up and the person on the other end couldn't hear me, but a hard reset (yanked the battery out while the phone was still on) took care of the problem. The phone connects/disconnects properly everytime I enter/exit the car, and I haven't had a failed in-call connection (yet) since the hard reset.
I also have the tour 9630 and it will not connect calls...the phone will pair up with the car, but as soon as it dials or trys to answer a call, the car drops out but the call is still on the phone...anyone have any ideas why its doing this? I have a 2010 sedan.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
ChodTheWacko

My E-71 has worked pretty well.
No phonebook transfer, but otherwise no complaints.

- Frank