G37 Sedan

Does the red S stand for "snob"??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 AM
ttboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
People who measure their man hood by the type of car they drive are the ones to be pitied.

The way I see it... how does someone elses decision on car buying affect me- not in any way. If you are happy with what you drive then have fun!
Very true. I see quite a few G's around but no real attitude. The worst are the jackholes with Mercedes C350. These retards look down on everyone who drive anything that doesn't have the 3-point star. I know a guy who has a C350 and he thinks his car is a friggin Ferrari...always puts my G down comparing it to an Accord and tells me how I should have bought a C350 because its "high-class", to which I have to respond with you can't be a baller in a 40K entry level MB.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ttboy
Very true. I see quite a few G's around but no real attitude. The worst are the jackholes with Mercedes C350. These retards look down on everyone who drive anything that doesn't have the 3-point star. I know a guy who has a C350 and he thinks his car is a friggin Ferrari...always puts my G down comparing it to an Accord and tells me how I should have bought a C350 because its "high-class", to which I have to respond with you can't be a baller in a 40K entry level MB.
LOL! if he had a C63 AMG, then yeah, he can act like that. well, not really.

I too own a G with the red "S", and I do not talk to non S drivers. LOL! j/k.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Would these "S" owners freak out if they saw a "xS"?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
JonfromCB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Having two non-sport Gs it seems that those (not all, but a high %) that have the sport models look down on us without the blazing red S on our tail. Not too many Gs in New Mexico but those that I run into that have non-sports are so much friendlier than those that I've seen w/ the red S.

In Vegas a few months back I saw a guy w/ a black 09 S and said "very nice G you've got there", he looked back at our brand new black non-sport and just said "should've got an S, man". Not even a thanks or an acknowledgement form one Infiniti guy to another.

The implied arrogance is a bit mysterious to me, it's not like I'm driving a 335i and a guy pulls up in an M3. The G & G35/37S are the same cars w/ just a few "upgrades", they're not GT-Rs

OK, I'll get of my rant, and for those S guys that apreciate us regular G guys I'm sorry

flame on!
No flames from me...if you've noticed it, it's real to you. I owned
a M35 and felt some "snobbery" from the M45 owners I know and
now they really look down they're nose at me since I got my G....
Some, but not all. For what it's worth, there's even more of the
"Snobbery crap" in the motorcycle community between the Harley
riders, Goldwing riders, and BMW riders....Funny thing I've noticed
is the biggest snobs are the guys who worship their one true
prized posession and think "they've arrived" because they own
a certain vehicle....and sometimes they're "snobbin" somewone
who owns multiple vehicles as nice or nicer than theirs and
is as down-to-earth as they come and couldn't care less what
they or anyone else has.....in other words they are educated
enough and have enough money that a vehicle is surely nothing
to be snobby over....JMHO

BTW, I know two multi-millionairs who drive pickups....damn nice ones...haha
Old 12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
brynomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is kinda silly IMO. I mean hey yes some ppl are snobs no matter what they drive. I drive an xS and some may think I'm a poser because I spent the extra money for the paddle shifters, slightly different look, and seats, but I bought it mostly because of the tires. I don't have the room for extra tires too store and I didn't want to get a separate set of snow tires because the Goodyear's suck. Oh and yes I do need the four wheel drive if I'm not getting snow tires and with Chicago city driving an automatic is a savior.

The OP seems sensitive to me because who cares what other people think. Perhaps they think too much about what others think. You got the car you wanted. I got the car I wanted. Will I laugh at a regular X driver? No. Do I look down at them? No but I think they should have researched how bad those RS-A's are. The Dunlops are sooo much better and I like having paddle shifters. But thats just me. Too sensitive. I have a lot of friends that drive bimmer's and they thought the G was a poser Jap. Now that they have all ridden in it (including snow) they want one. People are judgemental and its just that.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:46 PM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Some ppl simply just prefer the Journey front end vs. the sports front end especially for the sedan guys.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Mike P

I think the S stands for Silly, just like this thread. Next thing you know there will be the "Who has the biggest manhood?" thread. I think G stands for Great car and Great owners who love what they drive. Maybe S stand for Steelers Six Superbowls!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:33 PM
ligero3

I too have noticed the S-nobbishness.

Come on, guys, it's not like it's any faster. It's just tricked out a little more.

The seats in the S were a deal-breaker for me.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:36 PM
g37musings

S stands for "some more money".
Old 12-26-2009, 01:58 AM
popcornten

I chose the S simply because I really do not like the front bumper and stock wheels on a regular G35/G37. I took off the G35S in the back, so it's not like I"m trying to show off that I have a sport or look down on others. I just really enjoy the things that the sport package add

However, I'd have to agree with what's been said before. When I see an S I make sure to look in and see if it's an enthusiast or I'll drive up and get close to them. When I see a regular Journey (which is most of what I see) I don't often race up to see who it is because a lot of the time it is that middle-aged woman or some business man - not an enthusiast.

Nothing against the Journey guys though, we're in 98% the same car and should be friends because of it!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:02 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn dealer told me S stood for STOOF, so i had to get it. lol
Old 12-27-2009, 08:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice to hear all the friendly replies (I would've replied sooner but I couldn't figure out how post w/ this IE8 bug that's going on). I should've expected not to get flamed on this site since this & G35driver are the best Infiniti sites around.
FWIW I'd be on my 2nd S now if my wife could live w/ those seats, but she can't, so you married guys know the saying "if momma's not happy nobody's happy" well at least momma's happy, lol.
We had the S 18" wheel pack on our 07 Journey & loved them, the current 17" Goodyear RS-As are a horrendous tire for such a vehicle. I quickly tired of them so picked up new 20" wheels and Dunlop Sport Signature 245/35/20 for Christmas. It's still not an S but we like it

Happy New Year fellow G'ers, even you S guys

Old 12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JonfromCB
No flames from me...if you've noticed it, it's real to you. I owned
a M35 and felt some "snobbery" from the M45 owners I know and
now they really look down they're nose at me since I got my G....
Some, but not all. For what it's worth, there's even more of the
"Snobbery crap" in the motorcycle community between the Harley
riders, Goldwing riders, and BMW riders....Funny thing I've noticed
is the biggest snobs are the guys who worship their one true
prized posession and think "they've arrived" because they own
a certain vehicle....and sometimes they're "snobbin" somewone
who owns multiple vehicles as nice or nicer than theirs and
is as down-to-earth as they come and couldn't care less what
they or anyone else has.....in other words they are educated
enough and have enough money that a vehicle is surely nothing
to be snobby over....JMHO

BTW, I know two multi-millionairs who drive pickups....damn nice ones...haha
Sam Walton drove 70's ford pickup until the day he died, I understand. Snob culture will always exist. It's the consumerist nature of current existence, I suppose.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just called my dealer to check. The S actually stands for Superior. As in anyone that drives a Journey is garbage.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Vi3tT3kNiQz

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Some ppl simply just prefer the Journey front end vs. the sports front end especially for the sedan guys.
exactly how i feel.

Quick Reply: Does the red S stand for "snob"??