G37 Sedan

Is it just me or is the 2010 front facia a little too "Nissan"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM
XILAR8N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or is the 2010 front facia a little too "Nissan"?

I almost waited for the 2010 because the new front facia included separate fog lights. I agree with the opinions that the upgrade looks more agressive, but I think it makes the car look too much like a Nissan. When I first saw it I immediately thought Maxima/Altima.

Anyone else agree or is just me?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:14 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's you.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM
mindonmatter

I agree it has a little more of a Nissan flare to it than the '09 did, but I like it. Seems fitting that Infiniti takes some of it's styling cues from Nissan, no? To each his own.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM
XILAR8N

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
I agree it has a little more of a Nissan flare to it than the '09 did, but I like it. Seems fitting that Infiniti takes some of it's styling cues from Nissan, no? To each his own.
IMHO I think the Infiniti brand should have/maintain it's own styling. Then again, if they took styling cues from the 370Z maybe I would think differently...

I'm just dissapointed with the new look. Although I'll hold final judgment until I can see it in person.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Shuric
The Mad Russian.

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
It's you.
lol +1000
Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
rohardi

Hey, At least it's not the Acura TL front end!!!!!

I like it myself and I cant wait to get mine!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
XILAR8N

Originally Posted by rohardi

Yeah, Acura really screwed up the TL.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:00 PM
lokitiw

In the sedan, are we not looking at voluptuous (wow) fenders? I think so.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 PM
worldcrafter

i think the non sport bumper looks awesome. the sport bumper looks nissan maxima-ish to me
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
XILAR8N

Originally Posted by worldcrafter
i think the non sport bumper looks awesome. the sport bumper looks nissan maxima-ish to me
I agree, it's the sport bumper that looks "Maxima-ish". Good description.

I would have liked it if they left the grille alone and then integrated the fog lights into a bumper like the 09 coupe.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Mockenrue

I agree, and one of the reasons that I think it looks more Nissan is the loss of the "blade" effect of the grill. I think that brings a really nice, understated look. I haven't decided either way on the fog lights. I really liked them at first glance, but I wonder if those huge enclosures with flat edges will show their age after a while.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XILAR8N
IMHO I think the Infiniti brand should have/maintain it's own styling. Then again, if they took styling cues from the 370Z maybe I would think differently...

I'm just dissapointed with the new look. Although I'll hold final judgment until I can see it in person.
Absolutely agree...I think Infiniti should 100% have its own styling. Like the 09 coupe is a vague cousin to the Z, but they still have their distinct styling. Needs to stay that way. But again, I'll hold off the final say for in person, pictures don't ever do it justice

Couldn't have said it better. The TL front, and even more the back, is one of the nastiest looking things I've ever seen on a car. They make it look like a spaceship from a bad 60's TV series!

Originally Posted by XILAR8N
I agree, it's the sport bumper that looks "Maxima-ish". Good description.

I would have liked it if they left the grille alone and then integrated the fog lights into a bumper like the 09 coupe.
I agree...they should have left the 09 coupe the same design and just moved the fogs into the faux vents.

Last edited by hispeed-lowdrag; 12-07-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I agree, it does look Altima-ish -- the newest refresh anyway. The creases are certainly obvious on both cars. Also, it almost looks like someone had a base drawing and played with the smudge tool in Photoshop before the designs were clayed, enough to differentiate the Altima and G look from each other.

Also, if anyone noticed, the grill looks like an enlarged rear trunk license plate section of the 1st gen FX (i.e. the extended horizontal bars above and below the actual grill/mesh is a dead giveaway).

Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Arvig

QFT. I'm (probably) getting my G37 next week, I have a 2003 CT Type S. I was going to get a TL, then I looked at the 2009 TL. And said no.

If I can't get a deal next week on a G37, I'll wait for the 2010, that front end is still ten times nicer then the TL. And I like Acuras overall also.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
I agree, it does look Altima-ish -- the newest refresh anyway. The creases are certainly obvious on both cars. Also, it almost looks like someone had a base drawing and played with the smudge tool in Photoshop before the designs were clayed, enough to differentiate the Altima and G look from each other.

Also, if anyone noticed, the grill looks like an enlarged rear trunk license plate section of the 1st gen FX (i.e. the extended horizontal bars above and below the actual grill/mesh is a dead giveaway).

Some car mag said they thought the G looked like an Altima that went to finishing school, lol. I personally don't think so. But I do like the new, non-sport front a lot, and I agree, the blades should have stayed.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or is the 2010 front facia a little too "Nissan"?