G37 Sedan

Any previous TL-S owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM
saw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any previous TL-S owners?

I currently have a 2007 Tl-s. My lease runs out in 4 weeks. The G37s is at the top of my list. I was wondering if there are any current G37s owners who had the Tl-s before. If so, are you happy with the G37, and how does it compare to your old Tl-s.

Thanks for your input!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't have one, but when I was looking at cars before I got the G the TL-s was one of my considerations. The main things I liked about the G over the TL was RWD, at the time 2DR vs 4dr, road noise, and other things like the exhaust tone and interior quality. Overall I'm glad I went with the G and I think the biggest thing was the RWD. If I were to compare the 2 today I'd pick the G sedan in a heart beat. The new TL looks like a$$ compared to the old design.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
saw1

It is really down to the new TL sh-awd or the G37s, both in automatics. I like both of them, but the G37 is much quicker and looks nicer. The TL interior is very nice, and the technology is equal. The exterior look of the TL has not grown on me yet, but I like it better in person than in the pics. Also, I have been very happy with my current Tl-s, so the g seems like a logical choice.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
heff

do what u think is best! are u looking in to a coupe or sedan g? IMO infiniti is in a different league than the acura.... faster better sound and more luxurious, but thats just my opinion. Honestly tho if you took the badges off the TL-s and the badges off the G sedan and they were both RWD id take the acura (older model not the new design!) Enough of my rant, JOIN THE INFINITI CREW!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
saw1

Originally Posted by heff
do what u think is best! are u looking in to a coupe or sedan g? IMO infiniti is in a different league than the acura.... faster better sound and more luxurious, but thats just my opinion. Honestly tho if you took the badges off the TL-s and the badges off the G sedan and they were both RWD id take the acura (older model not the new design!) Enough of my rant, JOIN THE INFINITI CREW!

Sedan. I briefly thought about the convertible. I have two young children, so the sedan works best.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to have a 2004 TL and now have a 2008, neither is a type S, but I do have experiance with TLs in general. My opinion -- its a VERY different car. TL is bigger and more comfortable (than a G sedan) but in the end its a FWD car. Granted its proly the best FWD car there is, but it just does not feel like the G does. Drive the G and see how you feel in it, but I can tell you now, don't expect the same level of comfort. The G is a sports sedan with leather seats, the acura is a family sedan with a sports supsension.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
aliang01

G37xS Sedan > Acura TL Type-S

Originally Posted by saw1
I currently have a 2007 Tl-s. My lease runs out in 4 weeks. The G37s is at the top of my list. I was wondering if there are any current G37s owners who had the Tl-s before. If so, are you happy with the G37, and how does it compare to your old Tl-s.

Thanks for your input!
I had a 2007 KBP TL Type-S 5AT for two years before trading it in last month for a OB 2009 G37xS and I can't tell you how much of an improvement the G is. We all know there's more power, driving confidence on the AWD (if you want it) and overall build quality is AMAZING. Over even the harsher bumps and uneven surfaces the suspension absorbs the shocks better and there isn't a single creak/crack/bump/tinking sound in the cabin. To top it all off, for better power, performance the new 7AT averages around 350-400 miles to the tank!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a 2k2 TL-S and a 2k4 Tl Aspec 5AT that i traded (the 2k4) for the G..

I will never go back to Acura so long as Acura looks as fugly as it currently does (the New TL) and is as underpowered/underperforming as it currently is (low end torque).

The G37sX i have is great .. i do not miss my TL Aspec at all .. and the AWD is a great perk.

I just hope the G is as smooth and reliable as my Acura was -- even at 110k miles on the odo for the TL -- it was smooth as silk and the slick shifting 5AT was flawless... Acura builds a solid machine, and i never had any major problems with it other than a few burnt out bulbs and a few rattles here and there.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
mindonmatter

I don't/haven't owned a TL-S, but my buddy has one. I've driven it a fair amount, enough to get a good feel for it. If you want a sports car, then the G is the way to go. The performance/handing between the two can't even be compared. If you just want a nice family sedan, the TL is a good choice.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I agree with peterubers, I have a rdx.besides the factory turbo,I hate it(even though its for my wife)except the acura build qaulity is very poor,thank god I leased it.passanger seat is manual.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 11-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha I owned an rdx before too and the manual passenger seat drove me nuts!! turbo was the only cool part of that car. Anyway I also had a tsx, TL and mdx before and I must say Infiniti is a level or two above Acura. The build quality and feel of the car feels a lot more solid. Of course being on an infiniti forum your going to get very biased answers.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
The G

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
I agree with peterubers, I have a rdx.besides the factory turbo,I hate it(even though its for my wife)except the acura build qaulity is very poor,thank god I leased it.passanger seat is manual.
You sure that wasn't a base model??
Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I say drive both and then decide. In all honesty, if I had to buy a sport sedan, BMW 335i or M3 would be on top of my list. I'm with Infiniti because they have the best looking (interior/exterior) coupe in this segment.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by soolman32
I say drive both and then decide. In all honesty, if I had to buy a sport sedan, BMW 335i or M3 would be on top of my list. I'm with Infiniti because they have the best looking (interior/exterior) coupe in this segment.
Not to mention the G is a hell of a lot less expensive than those two, while it's supposedly pretty close performance wise to the 335.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 AM
saw1

Originally Posted by soolman32
I have driven the 335,535, and M3. They all drive great. The problem I have been having is finding one with the equipment I want. Even if I wanted to pay the 10-20k premium, I can't find one with premium,sport,nav,comfort access, park distance control, etc. It has been frustrating dealing with BMW in this regard.

At least with Acura and Infiniti, they come pretty loaded out of the box, and they cost less.

Quick Reply: Any previous TL-S owners?