G37 Sedan

Considering a G37, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM
iGLoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering a G37, need some help

Hey guys i am considering getting an 09 Model, either sedan or coupe, but would prefer a coupe (depending on inventory and price).

How is the overall quality of these cars. What are some common issues? Big issues? Is it like owning an upgrade Maxima or Infiniti is leaps and bounds over the mother brand?

I am considering a premium/sports package, dont care for navi even if its a luxury car. A dealer sent me an email saying they are getting 2010 models in and 2009 models are getting up to 10k off MSRP which is a good discount. If that is true i would walk away with about a 28k payment on the car after down payment and possibly trade.

I wanted to ask, the paddle shifters, is the car constantly in paddle shift mode or it can be driven in regular D mode? I assume there is a paddle shift mode on the shifter that turns them on.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
They are ****ty cars. That's why we drive them. I hate my G37. It's a piece of ****.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Retromoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iGLoo
Hey guys i am considering getting an 09 Model, either sedan or coupe, but would prefer a coupe (depending on inventory and price).

How is the overall quality of these cars. What are some common issues? Big issues? Is it like owning an upgrade Maxima or Infiniti is leaps and bounds over the mother brand?

I am considering a premium/sports package, dont care for navi even if its a luxury car. A dealer sent me an email saying they are getting 2010 models in and 2009 models are getting up to 10k off MSRP which is a good discount. If that is true i would walk away with about a 28k payment on the car after down payment and possibly trade.

I wanted to ask, the paddle shifters, is the car constantly in paddle shift mode or it can be driven in regular D mode? I assume there is a paddle shift mode on the shifter that turns them on.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
No its not constantly in paddle shift, You can have it either in regular D or DS mode then tap the paddle shifters and you fall into full paddle shifters mode. (DS will shift for you but at a higher level RPM, i rather use paddle shifters).

Its an Infiniti, Nissan's premium line vehicle, Assembled and built in the same line as the GT-R's and all of Nissan's/Infiniti top notch vehicles (No, Not the altima and maxima). No common issues, Other than the seat's leather quality, It wrinkles pretty badly (See thread), Nonetheless everything else is perfect in my opinion. But who cares about the seats leather quality when you have 330HP sitting in front of you? What was your question about quality again?

Wait for the 2010, It will have a few major upgrades, I'd go with Full Premium and Sport, Down the line you'll regret not getting those Sporty 19's with BBK and front fascia, Also the cool interior features.

Good luck.

Last edited by Retromoe; 10-16-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:13 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think it's gonna fit in an igloo.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The best possible thing you can ever do is what the majority of us did. Search, search, search through this forum. You will find vastly differning opinions on everything. Search each forum for brakes and suspension, engine, wheels and tires, or whatever you want to know about. Click on the threads that look interesting and like they may have helpful information answering your questions and read away. A lot. Then youll have an idea how many of us feel about different aspects of the car. Some are great, some not so great.

In a nutshell, here's my thoughts. I came from a Maxima too (an older one). I feel it's a huge upgrade but a completely different experience. I have a MT so I cant tell you much about your paddle shifters. Get the Nav, don't skip it.