G37 Sedan

Sports or Navigation package

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:15 PM
jamesyoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sports or Navigation package

Which would you guys prefer? Any regrets getting one or the other? Would you rather have bought a G37 with Sports than a Navigation? or vise versa?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
beniman

Just bought a sport (without nav) and aero package and I love it. Only thing I would really use on the NAV package is the backup camera. Garmin + Ipod so I couldnt justify the extra $.

I personally like the seats and wheels. It all comes down to personal choice.

Good luck with your purchase.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Get both. I don't use the NAV a whole lot but I love the back-up camera. I do use the map in the NAV when looking for streets. Both of my G's had Sport and NAV, had an 08xS, and now I have an 09S.

The AWD Sport Package lacks the bigger brakes, the sport suspension and the quicker ratio steering that the RWD Sport Package includes.
But I'd still would rather have both on my G.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Definitely get both.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Navigation is a must, although most never use it, its just a cool factor.

For the sports package, regardless of awd or not, get it. Completes the car especially if you get black interior. The white stitching on black leather sets it off. Althought the sports package is more worth it if you get the rwd model, I would highly recommend both.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Get both, you won't regret it!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I think that both complete the car. In the Sedan however if I were going to chose between one or the other I would go with the Navi package.

In the Coupe if I were going to chose between one or th eother I would go with the Sports package.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Probably both depending... but get Nav for sure. There is much more in the Nav package than just a Nav and it's all intigrated.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 PM
rfabian85

I got both... You should deff get both.. Im always getting lost and nav is my helping hand..
Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 AM
jamesyoon

the thing is, financially, adding one would alter my monthly payments beyond what I expect to pay. I'm personally leaning towards the sports. Exterior, bigger brakes, suspension, paddle shifters?, wheels, what else? different front seats?

as for navigation, i was planning on going tomtom or garmin. but now that everyone's saying get navi, i'm not sure if I should get sports now...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The G are luxury sport sedans IMO it needs the navigation. I always laugh when I see a guy or gal in a new BMW with a NAV unit on their windshield and a blue tooth piece in the ear.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
WildcatG

Originally Posted by jamesyoon
wheels, what else? different front seats?
Yeah, the front seats are different. I've seen some people say they don't like the front seats as much...but that's something that's entirely personal preference. You'll want to try out both (I've seen most of the complaints come from "bigger" guys...a category which I fit in to, but I still like the seats)

I was in the same boat as you with the decision (deciding between sport and nav packages would have put me over how much I wanted to spend on the car), and I'm glad that I chose sport over nav.

The nav system just wasn't worth the money for me. I wouldn't have gotten much use out of it. If you're in a situation, whether for work or another reason, that you are constantly driving to new locations, it might be worth it for you to have it integrated in the car. If not, I say go with the sports package.

As for the back up camera.... I know it's a really cool feature and maybe it's one of those things you need to have to truly appreciate - but I've driven my whole life without one and never missed it. I'm sure I'll be fine without it for another few years.

Anyway, just my $.02 - good luck with the purchase
Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
Probably both depending... but get Nav for sure. There is much more in the Nav package than just a Nav and it's all intigrated.
After much thought, I've changed my mind! Bite the bullet. Get them both! It's the sure way not to be disapointed or second guess it later. After all, you're dropping near 40 BIG anyway.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
The G

If anything, I'd rather get a Sport+Premium and pass on the nav.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
ak1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you are not sure, get both. I have both. I was in a similar situation as you, I knew that I want sport package and was not sure if I want to pay extra money for nav, then finally decided to get it. Absolutely NO regrets now. It is better than Garmin I used before. And, I do not have to attach it, hide it, it always there when I need it. And, besides the nav itself, the package includes a lot of other high quality features. Yes, it does worth extra money I paid.

If your monthly payments your main concern, try to get a good deal for 2009 model. It is good time to buy now. Contact all dealers in 100 or 200 miles range, you should be able to get a good deal on the car you want, with both packages.
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Sports or Navigation package