G37 Sedan

G37 sedan: opinion on interior colors needed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
sajal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 sedan: opinion on interior colors needed!

Hi,

I’m very close to pulling the trigger on a 09 G37 sedan with premium package. It’s going to be black on the exterior, but I'm still undecided on the interior. Which one would you pick and why?

Black interior w/Washi.
Wheat interior w/ Washi.
Wheat interior w/ rosewood trim?

I kinda like black because its more sporty and easier to maintain but wife prefers wheat/rosewood because it looks more plush and the contrast looks nice. (Black interior does get a little homogeneous with Washi.) Please chime in!

Also, any clear bra / tinting recommendations in San Diego/LA ?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:02 PM
mark34

I usually prefer black interiors but in the G37 I like the contrast of the grey interior with the black dash and doors. I do think it is too homogenous in all black with this particular vehicle. I also live in Austin so the lighter interior was a bonus. It feels more spacious.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
jadefire5457

I have an 09 G37 Sedan that is Black on Black with Washi trim and I think she's drop dead gorgeous. The Rosewood Trim (In my humble opinion) doesn't look nearly as nice as the Washi. A lot of people have wood trim in their cars, but the Washi look is unique to Infiniti.

As for the leather, black is what I would think of as the "classy" choice. Think how classic the black leather wallet is.

In the end however, it is you and the Mrs. who live with and drive that car, so go to a few dealerships, sit in each color of the car and pick the one that you feel happiest with. Just make SURE to see the car in that color during both the day and the evening.

As for tinting and clear bra, I highly recommend Tint Plus in Laguna Hills, CA

Car Window Tinting in Orange County Residential and Commercial tinting - Tint Plus

They are NOT cheap, but their work is stellar. The Ventureshield (Clearbra) they applied to my car looks perfect, and they even provide you with a chemical to clean it with that makes the plastic blend almost seamlessly with the car. Though my car has only been done for a few months now, the tint is perfect with no bubbling of any kind. They use Lumar (high quality tint), which has a lifetime warranty. You can call and they will give you an estimate over the phone. They're usually running some kind of "special," but they won't advertise it when you get there, so be sure to visit their site, or ask about "the special" when you walk in the door. It's usually something like a 5-10% discount.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Living in Texas, I am not a big fan of black leather. And I also think the wood trim (particularly for the G) is ugly (at an extra of $500).

So from your list, I'd go with wheat w/ washi. Mine is actually a black on stone w/ washi (and black dash) though

Good luck on your purchase!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
consider how well you will keep a wheat interior clean. the graphite is always an easy solution.

if you need pics, feel free to look through the interior shots I have of it
photobucket user: kennyatinfinitiofmassapequa
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Black interior with washi trim!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
L-GT

We got the black interior with Washi. It looks nice and has a nice contrast in colors. Only drawback is that black leather is how it absorbs heat in the summer.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
I agree with Mark34's assessment of the stone (grey) interior. Breaks up the never-ending blackness of the IP and waterfall area. It will be more difficult to keep clean, but that's what mats are for...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Mike P

The stone interior is disgusting. That color is like toupe, its like gray, but its not either. It's just so bland. At least the Wheat has the warm tones of brown. The stone takes away from white, black or any exterior color of the car. Really does absoluting nothing for me. I do not know why there is just not wheat and black. At least come up with a good color. IMO the stone interior is for people with no stones. I never had a black interior in a car until this one. I love it. The actual heat difference between and the black and stone/wheat is only 1 degree in the sun. Everything else is the same color, so the dash and everything still draws the same heat, etc. It is much better to clean and does not show nearly the dirt that my old car had with a Tan interior. I have cleaned my Coupe's (wheat) interior at least 3 times more than the Sedan (black). The Stone and Wheat will show jean stains, belt stains, more stains, etc. If you like to spend your weekends detailing your interior then go with stone.

The dominate trim in these cars is the washi. If you want to be different, get the wood, or replace the washi with CF later.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:46 PM
netmag

For interior colors, you pretty much have to make up your own mind because everyone's going to have a different opinion. The majority of people will probably tell you to go with black because that seems to be the most popular one.

For me personally, some of it depends on what fits that particular vehicle the best out of what's offered by the manufacturer. So to that end, I'm in the minority and agree with the others above that Stone probably fits this car the best for most exterior colors. Again though, I'm sure most will say to always get black but that's just my opinion for this particular vehicle given how Infiniti has chosen to implement their interior colors. I wanted to like the black but for this particular vehicle the black makes the interior a bit too claustrophobic for my taste. I've had light colored interiors before and it really isn't that big of a deal to keep it clean unless you're just really dirty a lot.

I like the contrast of the stone in this vehicle. It still looks sporty in an exotic sport way while at the same time giving a bit of a classy look due to the contrast. Of course, if you're planning on tinting your windows very dark to get a blacked out look or prefer a more standard sport look then you should stick with Black all the way.

I like the wheat seats too but what turns me off on the wheat (again for this car) is the brownish dash plastic that Infinti is using. It just doesn't look right in person. Also, unless you get the rosewood, the aluminum just doesn't seem to fit with that brown plastic dash. The picture of it on the Infiniti looks great (the dash looks darker in the pic), but in person, in the sunlight, it just doesn't fit somehow. I saw pics of the 2011 M interiors and they had changed the wheat interior so that the dash and console was black instead of that brown color. That looked a lot better so maybe that's it. Maybe they just need to change the tone of the brown color or just make it black instead.

In general, I don't think any of the infinti interior colors for the G37 Sedan fit as nicely as they could. Supposedly, they're tweaking the way the interior colors are layed out in 2010 Sedan so maybe it all work together a little better and a clear winner will emerge.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
IronGuard

i wanted black but had to pick stone. im disappointed that my new car, with only 7 miles on it, came with various stains and 1 scratch. had it been graphite, i wouldnt even notice those stains.

also i love my raw denim jeans, but they bleed and I cant wear them in the car. im thinking about getting sheepskin seat covers to solve this problem, but that's a $500 solution. i suggest you get graphite for a worry-free experience.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by L-GT
We got the black interior with Washi. It looks nice and has a nice contrast in colors. Only drawback is that black leather is how it absorbs heat in the summer.
Tint should be your next "mod"...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
g37musings

Not a fan of the wheat, but like the stone. Black for me was great, but the wife felt it made the car feel small inside.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seats turning blue from jeans thread...

My seat is turning blue - G35 NYC
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex57r
seats turning blue from jeans thread...

My seat is turning blue - G35 NYC
i have the stone in my truck and I have to wipe it down once a week. the carpets are virtually done.

Love the look though
Alex... so wear gray jeans and yuou'll be fine!

Quick Reply: G37 sedan: opinion on interior colors needed!