G37 Sedan

Tall G37 drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
tap24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tall G37 drivers?

Hi,

I love my 2009 G37 sedan -- just bought it. I am 6'2" and I am wondering how many others others of similar height or taller drive the G. I fit fine in the car as far as leg-room, though some other cars of similar size seem to have seats that lower more, which gives the driver more headroom. Ideally the driver seat would lower more, which would give the feeling of more room, but otherwise the car is perfect. It drives and parks so much better than my old I30, which was somewhat of a boat.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tap
Old 10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
tmsz

I' 6'2 as well and I'm perfectly happy with the car. I sat in the IS350 but thehead room is much smaller. I loved the trunk space, but then I do not sit in the trunk. I have always known that Nissan has provided the driver with much more room than other cars. Before i got the G, I had a TL and that car had room, but not as much as the G (driver wise of course)
Old 10-04-2009, 06:57 PM
pkhoopes

Hi,

I'm new here too. Should be taking delivery of a Journey sedan (non-sport) later this week. I'm 6'5, and have plenty of legroom in the cars I tested. My hair is buzz cut, but I still have 2-3 inches from top of head to roof (with sunroof), so no problem there.

One issue that I did notice is the center console armrest. For me, it seems like it is too short/far back to be really useable. When I have both hands on the wheel (even at a lower position like 4 and 8 o'clock), the back side of my elbow is resting on the front sloping portion of the armrest, not actually on it. With my height, I have the seat almost all the way back, with the wheel out as far as it will go. It seems to me that shorter people, who would have the seat farther forward, would find the armrest even more useless when both hands are on wheel.

It would have been nice if Infiniti had either made the armrest longer, or better yet, able to slide further forward like it does in the M series. It will take me some getting used to, but was not a dealbreaker. Enjoy your new car!

Paul
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
gdub172

We'll I'm definitely nowhere close to being a 6 footer, my buddy that's 6'4 test drove my car when I first got it and he fits in the car just perfect. He's now considering in getting a G in a couple of months (very impressed with the G)!

I do agree with the armrest being too far back or not able to slide, anyone have any suggestions if there's a way of getting a sliding armrest for our cars?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
KLB

I'm 6'3", and I don't even have the seat all the way back. I can't remember the last car I drove where I did not.

It is a bit tight on the head room though. Being able to lower the seat another inch or so would have been great.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
SOLISIMO

Im 6'4" and Im fine
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Mike P

I'm 6'5" and I fit fine in both cars. When I bought mine, although is was not the only or the highest consideration, the legroom was a deciding factor.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Antsmarchn

I'm 6'3 and fit in the car perfectly. It actually seems to have a lot more room than my '06 G35x. The only complaint I had with the car was the sport seats, which are not meant for bigger folks, so I had to forgo the sport package.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
JIM56

At 6'2" I found the car fits like a glove. I drop the seat height to the minimum at the rear and recline the seat slightly and have plenty of headroom -- and I sat in 30+ cars at the auto show where my head brushes the ceiling of some other taller cars.

The leg room is excellent and there is actually more room between the seat and door frame for ingress and egress for my big feet than larger family sedans.

The car is snuggest in hip room -- I thought this would be a problem on trips where I might like to move around but have taken the car for 350 and 700 mile trips and it was more comfortable and drivable than my family sedan.

Infiniti did a good job with the ergonomics.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
pkhoopes

Originally Posted by tap24
Hi,

I love my 2009 G37 sedan -- just bought it. I am 6'2" and I am wondering how many others others of similar height or taller drive the G. I fit fine in the car as far as leg-room, though some other cars of similar size seem to have seats that lower more, which gives the driver more headroom. Ideally the driver seat would lower more, which would give the feeling of more room, but otherwise the car is perfect. It drives and parks so much better than my old I30, which was somewhat of a boat.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tap
As far as gaining some additional headroom, I found this discussion at another website that you might be interested in...

go here:http://g35driver.com/forums/body-int...asy-0-fix.html

Regards,
Paul

Last edited by pkhoopes; 10-06-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: link
Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
6'2 here and I fit fine. Even when wearing my motorcycle boots which make me about 6'4, I still have plenty of room.