the car was hopping in tight curves.

The service manager was great. She told me they would
reprogram the transmission and do a 4 wheel allignment
both under warranty.

I am very happy with the results. The transmission
is very noticibly smoother. Quirky down****s were
vertually eliminated. It seems to take more pedal
to accellerate, but I'm sure once the system
re-learns my driving pattern that will improve.

The front to rear allignment was badly needed and I'm
glad I got so soon. Again, a very noticible difference
with the car now staying on-center and that
sports car feeling in back when going through
tight curves...my wife even commented that
the car has a much smoother ride and asked
me what they did to it....for her to notice
and comment on it, I knew it had to be very
noticiable.

If you haven't had the reprogam and an
allignment, I highly recommend you get it
done. I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:21 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Well congrats, not everyone on here was lucky enough to have a similar experience I can assure you that
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second what G37Sam said. There are many venomous threads telling tales about botched TSB's and such. I had my car alligned during the "adjustment period" and it improved the car greatly. I too thought the TSB fixed a majoprity of what was wrong with the harsh downshifts and general problems with the transmission. Glad it worked for you.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 PM
rehtea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonfromCB
Took my G in yesterday for first service at 800 miles.
What's the 800 mile service? Is that a standard Infiniti scheduled service? I've never heard of a 800 mile service..
Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rehtea
What's the 800 mile service? Is that a standard Infiniti scheduled service? I've never heard of a 800 mile service..
Since the 1st service at 3 months OR 3750 miles it's possible that the OP's car is 3 months old, and happens to only have 800 miles.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well generally any new car owner should bring in their car after about 1000 just to make sure things are checking out since delivery.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Alt G

Originally Posted by mw09g37
well generally any new car owner should bring in their car after about 1000 just to make sure things are checking out since delivery.
Maybe I am missing something here. Even if everything appears to be okay and the manufacturer says the first Premium service point is 3750/3 months (or basic oil change) and schedule 2 first check is at 7500/6 moths you pay to have someone tell you nothing is wrong? I am not sure that is a wise use of resources or time, unless your dealer is doing that for free.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:55 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you posted up. As a general rule, people comment more on negative things and it can give the wrong impression overall. I too had a good experience with my first service as previously posted.....actually I can't think of one "bad" experience over 10+ years and 8 Nissan/Infiniti cars/trucks. Sure things break, but I have always had good service.....and not that many things have actually broken that would make me upset.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
mw09g37

Originally Posted by Hi Alt G
Maybe I am missing something here. Even if everything appears to be okay and the manufacturer says the first Premium service point is 3750/3 months (or basic oil change) and schedule 2 first check is at 7500/6 moths you pay to have someone tell you nothing is wrong? I am not sure that is a wise use of resources or time, unless your dealer is doing that for free.

that's just general maintenance. cars don't normally come with maintenance so once you buy the car, the dealership never sees you again.

typically w/ like lexus owners especially, you'd like to come in after 1000 miles just to get things checked out like oil consumption, alignment, tire pressure, etc. just to make sure everything's ok before you never see them again.

with infiniti if you get the maintenance plan i mean you come in every 3 months. that pretty much remedies the need to bring it back for that first 1000. but like jonCB noticed, after 800 his car needed some corrections which is normal. these cars make a pretty long trek from the plant to our shores so something is bound to happen between the two. shoot I got my car from 6 cities over. mine needed to be checked out for stuff too.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi Alt G

that's just general maintenance. cars don't normally come with maintenance so once you buy the car, the dealership never sees you again.

typically w/ like lexus owners especially, you'd like to come in after 1000 miles just to get things checked out like oil consumption, alignment, tire pressure, etc. just to make sure everything's ok before you never see them again.

with infiniti if you get the maintenance plan i mean you come in every 3 months. that pretty much remedies the need to bring it back for that first 1000. but like jonCB noticed, after 800 his car needed some corrections which is normal. these cars make a pretty long trek from the plant to our shores so something is bound to happen between the two. shoot I got my car from 6 cities over. mine needed to be checked out for stuff too.
I guess I'll just say that I don't agree with much of what you said and leave it at that.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
mw09g37

well a dealer is always going to recommend you to come in. They don't make money off selling cars, they make money off performing services for you @ like 160/hour. but if you're coming in about something within the first 1000 miles, most dealerships will be hey lets get that part warrantied out. cause shoot warranty work pays higher anyways.

damn tho you've got some ***** dropping 40k on something and never worry about how well it works until it actually happens. I dunno about you, if I'm going to spend 40k on something, I make sure everything is running correctly. like like JONCB's alignment, shoot alignments off say hello to 1000 dollar tires in about a year. shoot did it for the RSX, did it for the G35 coupe, did it for the g37S coupe & g37S sedan, did it for the CLS. shoot i don't care how good the workmanship is, nothing's ever 100% perfect. i mean this is how they figure out TSB/ITBs when people start complaining about issues that become common enough for a recall.

but yeah I'm glad JonCB had such a positive experience and quick resolution. that's how it should be, car issues should be the least of your worries.

Last edited by mw09g37; 09-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Alt G

damn tho you've got some ***** dropping 40k on something and never worry about how well it works until it actually happens.
I never said that and do not do that. In fact, I am very concerned (my wife and the dealer where I bought my last Volvo would maybe say obsessive) about the performance and wear and tear on my vehicles. I just don't believe that if there are no indications of anything wrong with a car that people should be giving their money to a dealer to perform checkups on a car with 1000 miles on it. If I experienced what the OP was experiencing with the car I too would take it to the dealer.